[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

16 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Now on orbit, the newly dubbed space station Not a Megawatt Laser unfurls its solar arrays, ready to provide Megawatt Laser capabilities to low Kerbin orbit.

Initiate single reactor ignition!

welcome to page 783!

Edited by MashAndBangers

19 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Totally unrelated... but Good Ol' Energia

I tried to get the pad as good as possible, but modular launch pads only has so many amazing parts.

Liftoff! @JadeOfMaar's plume party vents are glorious.

Gravity turn into an 85 degree inclination orbit.

Max Q.

Core stage burns for orbit. I couldn't find any sources on how the Polyus was mounted, so I just put it on top as it didn't have any aero surfaces and wouldn't have to RTLS.

Polyus separates while barely suborbital so the core will burn up. It flips around, the guidance system works (:)), and it circularizes.

screenshot6.png

Now on orbit, the newly dubbed space station Not a Megawatt Laser unfurls its solar arrays, ready to provide Megawatt Laser capabilities to low Kerbin orbit.

Always a pleasure to see!

Panorama cam.

bgo75qz.jpeg
unknown.png?width=1440&height=582

Never go down to funkytown.

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

Panorama camera, new 4mv L instruments.
Unfortunately 1.10.X has some lighting and shadow issues, which sometimes affects the pano camera images with darker terrain, with it being hugging to the disk.

I've tweaked some noise generation code on the Neptune camera, make sure you are using the latest version of that, 2.4 :)

screenshot13.png?width=1084&height=610
unknown.png?width=1440&height=333
unknown.png?width=1440&height=357

Edited by Beale

1 minute ago, golkaidakhaana said:

They re probably still around , but I can guarantee they won t work , I think beale has now remade every part in the mod .

Figured.

If anyone's whipped something up let me know.  If not, I may take a crack at learning MM so I can set up at least a few configs for stuff I use regularly.  

On 9/17/2020 at 1:47 AM, CaptKordite said:

Kermingrad.
50350328796_d277075e03_c_d.jpg

This is the best surface base I've ever seen with these parts, amazing job! I love it.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:15 AM, Oblate Prince said:

Figured.

If anyone's whipped something up let me know.  If not, I may take a crack at learning MM so I can set up at least a few configs for stuff I use regularly.  

Somebody was working on a patch, but last I saw they had the Soyuz craft and a few other parts, haven't heard anything in a while.

3 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

So, um... Any hints on how to make Venera 1VA actually useful, except putting a megaton of batteries on it? The probe core has only 50 Ec, and the antenna eats 33 Ec\sec - which means you can't transmit anything.

You need to use partial transmitting mode, rather than trying to send the data all at once, the batteries can't allow.

" 'Allow Partial' can be buggy but will allow you to transmit large packets even with small batteries. When 'Allow Partial' is used the transmission starts as normal but when you run out of power the transmission is paused until you have generated enough power to resume. However this will keep your power levels between zero and almost nothing leaving you with a pretty much dead craft until the transmission is completed. "

The antenna consumption requires a second look though, that seems too high.

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

Various rebalancing, tweaks, etc.

03ilPC7.jpeg  EJpSJMp.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 9/17/2020 at 2:15 AM, Oblate Prince said:

Figured.

Zorg did one for a 1.25 scaled Vostok.  I'm not aware of any others 

Spoiler

//Zenit tanks
@PART[HLV_LFO*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

//Blok_E for vostok
@PART[AndromedaUS_Decoupler_1,AndromedaUS_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
      type = stack
      defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

@PART[AndromedaUS_Engine_1,AndromedaUS_VernierEngine_1,Andromeda_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] {}
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

//Vostok Spacecraft
@PART[Andromeda_Crew_1,Andromeda_Antenna_2,Andromeda_Parachute_1,Andromeda_Antenna_1,Andromeda_Avionics_1,Andromeda_Decoupler_1,Andromeda_FuelSphere_1,Andromeda_MonoSphere_1,Andromeda_MonoSphere_2,Andromeda_FuelSphere_2]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }

}

REKUJQg.png

Any reason why some of the parts are textured like this for me? The only thing I can think of is it could be the Tantares color mod but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I looked into the game folder and it seems like the TNIC mod shouldn't be causing it.

Edited by NateDaBeast

4 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Any reason why some of the parts are textured like this for me? The only thing I can think of is it could be the Tantares color mod but I'm not sure.

EDIT: I looked into the game folder and it seems like the TNIC mod shouldn't be causing it.

Because those parts are old and depreciated , being replaced by newer parts .

11 hours ago, oniontrain said:

I really want that little ball part that goes on top of the Luna probes, Rocket  Emporium has one but it doesn't fit on the Contares Luna parts without tweakscale, and it's just nice to have things already fit together.

It's definitely on the roadmap, as is its cousin on Mars-2/3.

Might focus on Luna 10 first to get the bus details down, then pick up the lander after.

Luna_10_feature.jpg?fit=889,498&ssl=1&w=640

10 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

But Beale is currently working on Venera and not Luna ?

People should be free to put forward ideas.

8 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

REKUJQg.png

Unfortunately it's necessary to keep around old parts for a while after I replaced them, so usually I make them black like this to add to the "don't use this" factor :)
More unfortunately, there's now way to stop them appearing in the results completely, unless I'm mistaken.
Hope this helps,

On 9/18/2020 at 1:47 AM, Beale said:
On 9/16/2020 at 8:47 PM, CaptKordite said:

Kermingrad.
50350328796_d277075e03_c_d.jpg

This is the best surface base I've ever seen with these parts, amazing job! I love it.

My comrade housemate said that it needs onion domes. Maybe the Mars base from the second Iron Sky movie.
MarsSovietbase.png

Mir could use some expansion.
tK9vnc3CGSVT4GbFBoKLpW7v0Q86d0YZxTchnAmw

Edited by CaptKordite

I like this Venera lander cause it's more modular than the Coatl one, but I still use both.

13 hours ago, Beale said:

It's definitely on the roadmap, as is its cousin on Mars-2/3.

Might focus on Luna 10 first to get the bus details down, then pick up the lander after.

Luna_10_feature.jpg?fit=889,498&ssl=1&w=640

People should be free to put forward ideas.

Well, Lunokhod has some pretty unique wheels, I hear those are really easy to make in KSP and always work flawlessly.

On a more serious note, I'm looking forward to more early Soviet probe parts, of any kind, to be honest. The early landers and probes are really overlooked in the West

I try to see if 4MV can handle JNSQ Eve entry.

screenshot0.png

Standard craft, launched on a Proton (not visible)
screenshot1.png

Course correction. Eve is visible with Distant Object Enhancement if you look right.
screenshot2.png

Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, and Jool are visible as tiny specks.
screenshot3.png

Eve looms ahead.
screenshot4.png

Lander separates from orbiter after orbital insertion.
screenshot5.png

Atmospheric entry imminent.
screenshot7.png

Lotsa plasma.

Unfortunately, I lost the whole thing about 5 seconds after this screenshot. So there, it can't handle JNSQ entry. No screenshots of an empty screen, sorry. 

I'll make a PR to github tomorrow increasing the resistance if JNSQ is installed.

Love it @Beale!

5 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

I try to see if 4MV can handle JNSQ Eve entry.

Standard craft, launched on a Proton (not visible)

Course correction. Eve is visible with Distant Object Enhancement if you look right.

Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, and Jool are visible as tiny specks.

Eve looms ahead.

Lander separates from orbiter after orbital insertion.
screenshot5.png

Atmospheric entry imminent.

Lotsa plasma.

Unfortunately, I lost the whole thing about 5 seconds after this screenshot. So there, it can't handle JNSQ entry. No screenshots of an empty screen, sorry. 

I'll make a PR to github tomorrow increasing the resistance if JNSQ is installed.

Love it @Beale!

Many thanks for testing. Possibility for  JNSQ eve is important (As is KSRSS venus), so if you submit the PR I probably will implement it as default, no patch, even if a bit overpowered for stock eve.