[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 2/21/2021 at 10:59 AM, Beale said:

Tantares Version 24.0

euAOlvs.jpg

Many thanks for the assistance in development.
As usual, any issues let me know. This is a large update, and though I've tested an okay amount, things can still slip through.

You can get Tantares on both GitHub, Spacedock, and CKAN.
Craft files are included in Tantares and TantaresSP.

Tantares - SpaceDock
Tantares - GitHub

(Earth Orbit Spacecraft)

Have fun!

abLuSNo.jpeg

Time to set up a new install of KSP.

12 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

So does that mean luna 21 as well?

TBD, probably, yes.

13 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Lunokhod?

Correct :)

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Also when looking at the Tantares_Assets Github, I saw this:

5KtNKex.png

Why is there a cardboard man? What is it for?

The number #1 rule about cardboardman is that we don't talk about cardboardman

pRSUQUa.jpg

Spoiler

It's just a simple prop to get a good human scale for kerbal parts, a little fun practice for making cardboard cutouts also

SeJ7NlN.jpg

Edited by Beale

2 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

hmmm...

It would be terrible if he were to sneak into a space station iva

please, don't scare me with those thoughts, you know that I have seen terrible things some mins ago in a game and I do not want to see more

22 hours ago, Beale said:

Nobody found the secret embedded image in the last post. So let's go no-secret:

dsuwjM7.jpeg
OJgwlMl.jpg

Oh I think most of us thought the bowl-shape type thing was probably that, I know I did. 

If one day a nuclear powerplant goes boom-boom around Kerbin, we can use it to clear radioactive debris too... until circuits melt down too, that is. 

(PS: I know, I know.   Different probe. )

9 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

BTW: The update has not yet arrived on CKAN. Not sure who is maintaining that?

Tantares v24.0 is there. CKAN calls it "New Tantares". It's had that label for a while. I'm going to assume you've already figured that out, though.

That brings me to guessing that you are using KSP 1.10.1, like I am. CKAN thinks Tantares v24.0 requires KSP 1.11. You can manually pick v24.0 from the "versions" tab near the lower right part of the CKAN window.

(or you can go into Settings / Compatible KSP Versions and check 1.11. That's risky because CKAN might then update all your other mods with versions that really only work with 1.11 and not 1.10)

Just in case anyone was already using my RemoteTech configs and was running into issues, I've updated the config to fix a capitalization error that was invalidating the edits. Here it is to save you from searching for the previous post:

Spoiler

//Initial Antenna Pass
//Replaces ModuleDataTransmitter on all parts containing it with ModuleRTAntenna
//BEFORE[RemoteTech] is important because RemoteTech contains a patch which deletes all ModuleDataTransmitter instances without necessarily replacing them
//Note: Most antennas have recieved a 200% range buff to offset RemoteTech's more restrictive standard range model
//If you use the ROOT model in your careers you can either set worldscale to 0.5 or comment out the "@Mode1OmniRange *= 2" line

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[tantares],@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/antennaPower$ 					//Antenna power is essentially antenna range so this utilizes already configured range
		@Mode1OmniRange *= 2 																//Flat 200% buff to antenna range to account for more restrictive RemoteTech range model
		%EnergyCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$					//Draws cost of running the antenna from its packet cost
		@EnergyCost *= 0.1																	//"Passive" mode cost reduced by 90% for normal use
		%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER 
		{
			%PacketInterval = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetInterval$				//Transmitter values drawn directly from previously configured transmitter
			%PacketSize = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetSize$
			%PacketResourceCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive]{}

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{},*
}

//Dish antenna reconfigures
//All ranges and angles are based on best-guess values for mission profile of the part
//Ranges have been increased for interplanetary dishes to account for the more restrictive range model of RemoteTech

@PART[vela_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 90000000
		%DishAngle = 10
	}

}

@PART[lepus_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 10
	}

}

@PART[lepus_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 10
	}

}

@PART[eridani_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 10000000
		%DishAngle = 25
	}

}

@PART[octans_basic_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 2000000
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[octans_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[octans_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[1mv_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 40000000000
		%DishAngle = 0.1
	}
}

@PART[4mv_v_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 0.1
	}
}

@PART[1f_high_gain_antenna_s0_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 0.1
	}
}

@PART[atria_antenna_srf_1*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

//Initial Probe Pass
//All probes initially configured with the RemoteTech standard 3km always-on omni antenna to allow for on-pad control

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Tantares],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU]{}

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{},*

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
	{
		%TechRequired = unmannedTech
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}	
}

3 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Tantares v24.0 is there. CKAN calls it "New Tantares". It's had that label for a while. I'm going to assume you've already figured that out, though.

That brings me to guessing that you are using KSP 1.10.1, like I am. CKAN thinks Tantares v24.0 requires KSP 1.11. You can manually pick v24.0 from the "versions" tab near the lower right part of the CKAN window.

(or you can go into Settings / Compatible KSP Versions and check 1.11. That's risky because CKAN might then update all your other mods with versions that really only work with 1.11 and not 1.10)

Ah, ok.... forgot to check that... just always looked for the updates. Thx a lot!

BTW, for mods that are also available for 1.10 you can just pick the higher version in the versions tab. no need to change the settings if you fear it would otherwise update mods.