[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

4 hours ago, Brin01 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the RD-8 Vannkopp's plume is sideways. I'd love to post a screenshot of the problem, but I can't figure out how.

Edit: The RD-58 Snostormvingen has the same problem.

Should be fixed if you have the latest version of TantaresLV and latest version (0.6+) of waterfall.

screenshot585.png

Another LK descent burn, à la Stanley Kubrick. I'm sure there's an appropriately discordant György Ligeti piece to accompany this shot.

ZPKgN8Q.png

On 3/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Beale said:

Thanks all for voting in the poll. Never such a strong result has been had before.

So yes, we will use B9, with many new exciting possibilities! Stay tuned.

JvYZSbM_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

0GEaBwj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Maybe @Zorg could use this texturing to make Atlas and Centaur shiny as well. Also Beale, these textures are amazing!!

Hope for some improvement for TKS

current TKS just borrow RCS thrusters and Docking radars from soyuz

while in reality, the Chelomei solutions are so different

Not just because want to be more accurate

But don't you think these little multi-thruster monsters are COOL

and want the iconic little dish antennas back

600px-TKSmodel1.jpg

https://imgur.com/RI9DK51

Edited by Anachro

5 hours ago, Anachro said:

Hope for some improvement for TKS

current TKS just borrow RCS thrusters and Docking radars from soyuz

while in reality, the Chelomei solutions are so different

Not just because want to be more accurate

But don't you think these little multi-thruster monsters are COOL

and want the iconic little dish antennas back

https://imgur.com/RI9DK51

Yeah a lot of these details will be represented in new TKS.

jskF9sQ.jpg
9pLQm7I.jpg
hDK1CS5.jpeg

9 hours ago, Brin01 said:

Is the Opal Gravimeter supposed to be called a "gravimettr" in it's description?

(I'm on the latest version this time!)

That's probably a typo.

2 minutes ago, Kunosheru said:

...what?

Maybe someone older than me could explain better(I only joined last year). In short, it's an Orbiter forum meme of sorts from 2005-ish, got carried over to the KSP forums during its founding in 2011, and forgotten because of a forum software update that deleted the Probe (Luna 3) emoji.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

8 minutes ago, Kunosheru said:

...what?

The extended antennas seem to be mimicking the olimpian salute, to call it by its less controversial name. Get it? Heil! A good-ish joke, maybe out of taste for some.

Hey @Beale is polyus going inside the TantaresSP portfolio, or regular Tantares? If you are taking suggestions, maybe put it in SP. It is a payload after al (on the other hand it is also a spacecraft too like the soyuz so idunno). Besides main Tantares already has a zillion parts already, maybe it would be nice to distribute them around somewhat.

Edited by Daniel Prates

5 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

The extended antennas seem to be mimicking the olimpian salute, to call it by its less controversial name. Get it? Heil! A good-ish joke, maybe out of taste for some.

That's not it. hailprobe is a part of forum history, the camera shutters just look like shutters, the antennae look more like insect legs.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

main Tantares already has a zillion parts already, maybe it would be nice to distribute them around somewhat.

I mostly agree, and Polyus/Skif is mainly uncrewed so SP sounds good. But FGB is in main Tantares, so it'll be incomplete if you just get SP without the main mod (does anybody do that?)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

1 minute ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

That's not it. hailprobe is a part of forum history, and the camera shutters just look like shutters.

I am talking about the antennas and not the shutters but now that you mentioned, I can't unsee it. Maybe Freud was right, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

12 hours ago, Brin01 said:

Is the Opal Gravimeter supposed to be called a "gravimettr" in it's description?

(I'm on the latest version this time!)

This is just me having the English language skills of a five year old, :wink: fixed for next release, thankyou for spotting.

3 hours ago, Kunosheru said:

This is AWESOME huge thanks to you, and the captions are very helpful!

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Hey @Beale is polyus going inside the TantaresSP portfolio, or regular Tantares? If you are taking suggestions, maybe put it in SP. It is a payload after al (on the other hand it is also a spacecraft too like the soyuz so idunno). Besides main Tantares already has a zillion parts already, maybe it would be nice to distribute them around somewhat.

3 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I mostly agree, and Polyus/Skif is mainly uncrewed so SP sounds good. But FGB is in main Tantares, so it'll be incomplete if you just get SP without the main mod (does anybody do that?)

Yeah there are certain craft that blur the line for definite.

As a general rule, TantaresSP (Space Probes) is only going to feature spacecraft that go beyond Earth orbit (this is up for debate, but that's at least how I've been categorising it so far).
This is why you still got stuff like Progress and Meteor in regular Tantares, since they are Earth Orbit.

True enough though, one mod is very large.
I think if I could freely split them up (This isn't likely, because I really would need an experienced second pair of hands to help with all the config-heavy legwork):

• Mod for Soyuz, LK, Vostok (primarily crewed spacecraft?)
  • Mod for orbital stations (this would cover a lot, from TKS, Almaz, to Mir, maybe even Polyus related parts, just large construction).
  • Mod for uncrewed spacecraft for Earth orbit
  • Mod for space probes (hey, we have this one! :))

But this is just a loose idea, I think the actual job of splitting things up would get extremely messy fast.

Polyus SAF Fairing

pol.png?width=1440&height=474

Did you know this was also used to launch Zarya, and other FGB modules?

Proton_rocket_pillars.png?width=925&height=610

Edited by Beale

9 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Yeah I love the idea to split Tantares up into smaller, more defined categories - I think it will make it more approachable for players new to modding / players new to tantares - Trying multiple smaller mods instead of a couple of LARGE mods 

For sure, but I just want to re-iterate, that isn't happening unless I can get some serious help on board.

Speaking of smaller mods, we have a little SAF expansion.

DJNjmml.jpeg
OVOur2w.jpeg
VNt4zmj.jpg