[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

16 hours ago, hendrack said:

I love that little rover. <3

McosUNP.jpg

I love it! So cute!

16 hours ago, Omberyou said:

I do have the tanks and the fuel and oxidizer is in them too rather than that when I put them on the andromeda decoupler like they are put on the wiki (Friznit's unofficial Tantares wiki) the fuel cannot go to the S5.4  engine. Do I need to put them directly on the engine or are they supposed to work fine on the decoupler?

Oh interesting, I maybe have to look at that thanks

12 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

2511379_original.jpg

Pre-7K lunar flyby module 5K Sever(North) project, just in case

So rare to see in such good quality! Thanks!

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Famous Capt.David (the best known expert in Almaz/TKS) several years ago had published some exclusive photos in his flickr.
(Btw pay attention to the life-support strap-on compartment of VA on some photos. In the stock KSP it's an equivalent of decouplable battery, powering VA after separation from FGB for ~3 hours)
A lot of LK also there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9420712@N03/

Also many unique pictures of abandoned Proton/Almaz-related projects are contained in this book
https://www.amazon.com/Proton-Launcher-History-Developments-Technology/dp/1786301768

(obviously, I can't give a link to its online copy)

Heavy Industrial Module (TMP) popular description.
(A crewless/visitable orbital station for crystal production).
http://epizodsspace.airbase.ru/bibl/ziv/1992/2/sal.html
(Google can't translate it properly, so you can watch pix or use some another online translator).

Individual rescue heatshield project (with pictures), tested irl in 2000.
http://epizodsspace.airbase.ru/bibl/tehnika_-_molodyoji/2003/1/00_30-33.html

My jaw hit the floor! I've been looking for some of this stuff for a really long time!

Thanks!

Contains a really rare view of the VA capsule in thermal blankets, I wonder if there is any clear pictures of this...

1951892659_ab409ea966_c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Hi all. I am trying to locate a part that seems to be missing from one of my craft files. The part named is "Tantares.MOE.3.E". I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction, i am using the latest versions of Tantares, LV & SP. Thankyou

1 hour ago, si2504 said:

Hi all. I am trying to locate a part that seems to be missing from one of my craft files. The part named is "Tantares.MOE.3.E". I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction, i am using the latest versions of Tantares, LV & SP. Thankyou

They all changed names to Octans so you need to edit the craft files in a text editor to the new part names. Off the top of my head it'd be called something like Octans MOE 3E RCS now.  Simple search and replace should fix up the craft file.

13 minutes ago, Friznit said:

They all changed names to Octans so you need to edit the craft files in a text editor to the new part names. Off the top of my head it'd be called something like Octans MOE 3E RCS now.  Simple search and replace should fix up the craft file.

So would i be right in thinking that where the craft file says Tantares.MOE.3.E, the new name for this particular part is "octans_moe_srf_3_extended" this particular one is located in the "any_rcs" > soyuz folder.

12 hours ago, si2504 said:

So would i be right in thinking that where the craft file says Tantares.MOE.3.E, the new name for this particular part is "octans_moe_srf_3_extended" this particular one is located in the "any_rcs" > soyuz folder.

What I do is create a very simple craft - any object with the new RCS part fitted.  Open that craft file in a text editor and then copy the name of the new part.

Can we have optional side hatch or mounting points for soyuz?

That will definitely make it more complex but mean while allow so many further possibilities to exist.

Like L3 1963 the soyuz lander

OIP.j5YUUCDD6XndCI7DvvzzSgAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Or L1 Podsadka: early L1 with a inflatable hatch on the side

l1.jpg&ehk=8vwj02pPakGhrCILWvPKyg5mdZcaS

Or regular soyuz with extra backup rescue hatch\ parachutes

OIP.fPF7Q3nScfdTPAi1Cu4rLQHaHJ?pid=ImgDe

Edited by Anachro

3 hours ago, Anachro said:

Can we have optional side hatch or mounting points for soyuz?

That will definitely make it more complex but mean while allow so many further possibilities to exist.

Like L3 1963 the soyuz lander

OIP.j5YUUCDD6XndCI7DvvzzSgAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Or L1 Podsadka: early L1 with a inflatable hatch on the side

l1.jpg&ehk=8vwj02pPakGhrCILWvPKyg5mdZcaS

Or regular soyuz with extra backup rescue hatch\ parachutes

OIP.fPF7Q3nScfdTPAi1Cu4rLQHaHJ?pid=ImgDe

Unfortunately there is not really the scope to work on that right now, unless extra hands can be had to assist.

Here is what is currently scoped:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/projects/11

But, I will keep these ideas for a hatch in mind.

On 3/26/2021 at 10:30 PM, Beale said:

As a general rule, TantaresSP (Space Probes) is only going to feature spacecraft that go beyond Earth orbit (this is up for debate, but that's at least how I've been categorising it so far).
This is why you still got stuff like Progress and Meteor in regular Tantares, since they are Earth Orbit.

Maybe a new sub-mod, TantaresORB, for space stations and stuff? That should declutter the base Tantares part catalogue enough, though the distinction between ‘station’ and ‘spacecraft’ can be pretty thin and very blurry  sometimes, especially for TKS/FGB.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

You didn't think Polyus was the only thing I was working on, right? :)

SPOILER_screenshot765.png?width=1084&height=610
I hope you did, because you would be right. Credit to Nick Stevens.

In more mundane news, conversion of existing parts to B9PS is going very well, several existing part sets can now take full advantage (The progress modules for example no longer have a ridiculous 8 switches, but two neat and tidy small switchers).

JrLIaL9.jpg

*Spits out drink

6 hours ago, Beale said:

You didn't think Polyus was the only thing I was working on, right? :)

SPOILER_screenshot765.png?width=1084&height=610
I hope you did, because you would be right. Credit to Nick Stevens.

In more mundane news, conversion of existing parts to B9PS is going very well, several existing part sets can now take full advantage (The progress modules for example no longer have a ridiculous 8 switches, but two neat and tidy small switchers).

JrLIaL9.jpg

OH HECK YEA!

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Is all that AO baked into the texture? Oh no...

Is it April 1st? if yes ... i will make a UR-700 CAM using procedural parts ... :mad:
UR-700, UR-700 nuclear (with RD-0411) and possibly UR-900 for Mars - These are the most exotic rockets.

Edited by Perantor