[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

yeah I believed it too :( 

beale, is the UR-700 something that you would never do? even in like 1000 years?

Beal recently said that the UR-700 could be added to a new mod for the KSP2.
But now I see no problems with assembling the UR-700 from procedural parts.
The LK-700 lander itself is already in Tantares.
RD-270 can be made from RD-0120 by editing its file so that it uses "liquid fuel / oxidizer" and has a specific impulse of 301 (ground) 322 (vacuum). Also, you will probably need to increase his cravings to the F1 level (as in the BDB mod)
Lastly, RD-0120 needs to add the UDMH \ N2O4 exhaust from the waterfall.
For example, this person built a wonderful nuclear version of the UR-700 5 years ago.

Spoiler

Edited by Perantor

I'm probably doing something wrong but I updated the mod the other day but my Mira Docking Module doesn't have the new texture on it for the Rassvet, just the default, Tantares red, and Tantares black variant options. For the update I deleted my existing Tantares folder from game data and deleted all my Tantares craft files and installed the new replacements from the updated Tantares download.

https://imgur.com/a/HjJ0Cty

4 hours ago, Steffan514 said:

I'm probably doing something wrong but I updated the mod the other day but my Mira Docking Module doesn't have the new texture on it for the Rassvet, just the default, Tantares red, and Tantares black variant options. For the update I deleted my existing Tantares folder from game data and deleted all my Tantares craft files and installed the new replacements from the updated Tantares download.

Where did you download this? As far as I know the new options are only in the WIP-download at github. Also: you need now B9PartSwitch.

22 hours ago, Steffan514 said:

Ah yeah, as Cheesecake mentions, this part is not yet released, but you can get it if you are using the WIP github download (But to give a fair warning, this is worki n progress and I am actively changing / tweaking things :)).

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Some small revamps:

zNI5PF0.jpg?width=1223&height=610
mgHAOt7.jpg?width=602&height=610
l5AFnvj.jpg?width=668&height=610

Because of the redesign, you can now pull the fairings flush to the cone:

screenshot806.png?width=1084&height=610

The SAF fairing you can switch the base style, and colours, independently, so there is a lot of combinations. Well, "a lot" being 8 :).

REZoKB3.gif

6 hours ago, Beale said:

Ah yeah, as Cheesecake mentions, this part is not yet released, but you can get it if you are using the WIP github download (But to give a fair warning, this is worki n progress and I am actively changing / tweaking things :)).

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Some small revamps:

zNI5PF0.jpg?width=1223&height=610
mgHAOt7.jpg?width=602&height=610
l5AFnvj.jpg?width=668&height=610

Because of the redesign, you can now pull the fairings flush to the cone:

screenshot806.png?width=1084&height=610

The SAF fairing you can switch the base style, and colours, independently, so there is a lot of combinations. Well, "a lot" being 8 :).

REZoKB3.gif

Ah that makes sense, this was the version 24.0 download off Spacedock.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, Reimu Hakurei said:

Could we add the connection line between the module of the soyuz spacecraft like this

p02d91y8.jpg

I wanted this part for a long time, just a question of how it's made and function. I am not a huge fan of parts that are very specific / only work on one particular surface.

I think it is maybe best, not as a part, but part of the Soyuz capsule itself, and jettisonned freely.

Starting to work on the (in)famous Mir modules.
For now, just to work out a little how these blankets are gonna look.

If I get any major design changes to the blanket, I will quickly back-apply it to the already released Salyut parts / etc.

azlHJZN.jpeg

11 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

I may be nuts, but I feel like there used to be an APAS-89 style Octans port. If this did exist, why was it removed, and if it didn't can it be added?

There was an APAS-89 style port quite a few years ago, but it's so old now I can't even find the files, just one screenshot:

kedFBFW.jpg

Benjee recently released Planetside featuring a really excellent APAS port of the similar design

5 hours ago, Beale said:

There was an APAS-89 style port quite a few years ago, but it's so old now I can't even find the files, just one screenshot:

Benjee recently released Planetside featuring a really excellent APAS port of the similar design

Huh, shame, I'd been hoping for one with the same form factor and colors as the Octans, I suppose I must have mistaken the female SSVP for it somehow. I might check out the Benjee10 version but I don't think it's quite what I was looking for.

6 hours ago, Beale said:

kedFBFW.jpg

Ahh... when you were making Gemini and Apollo back in the day. My, has a certain blue dog changed that 

6 hours ago, Beale said:

kedFBFW.jpg

One of these is an impostor...

(I installed KSP 1.0.5 and Tantares 33.0 just to find out that IT'S NOT APOLLO!)

It's VA cosplaying as Apollo.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

19 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Ahh... when you were making Gemini and Apollo back in the day. My, has a certain blue dog changed that 

Thank god!

19 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

One of these is an impostor...

There was a time when we briefly flirted with US spacecraft, but thankfully there is now people who can do  a much better job of that!

5HZ9lIj.png

12 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Awesome mode! 
Can you send Buran-Energia craft file for 1.11,please?

Unfortunately there is no craft file.

Aquila 18-A "Vitenskapsspøkelse" Lab Module

m1g3Mgc.jpg
GMJxIxj.jpg

There is some nice tweaks to the workflow which will help a lot for these fabric-y type parts (thanks @Invaderchaos)

window.gif?width=610&height=610

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

What are those tweaks? (Interested in making somewhat fabric-y textures myself)

PM'd!

Most FGB parts are going to get both blanket and painted versions, but some Mir specific parts like this Spektr cone may not. Depends on space, but priority they will get the true Mir blankets.

Here we  have the new parts w/ some of the older parts.

WrBqwrs.jpg
kkAnWK9.jpeg
sbmHxOE.jpg

Edited by Beale