[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 4/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

What's with the lenticular endcap?

5 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Always thought it was just a very narrow ended cone, not a squashed cone end.

Pinning down the exact shape was quite difficult but thanks to @PickledTripod we have some decent idea now.
It was probably made by intersecting two cylinders skewed at 30degrees, this matches up with the photos, and makes sense from a manufacturing way (This was post Soviet, and budgets were not large).

pf7kCnv.jpeg
GUJpoRC.jpg

Naked version:

xmrtMZs.jpg

Quick start on priroda:

SyGUKPA.jpg

Gween:

q7yp8JJ.jpg

Whoite:

zozF5gn.jpg

2 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

Something about that design makes me think it would be a cool looking re-entry vehicle... Probably not a terribly sound design engineering-wise though.

KITBASH MONSTER LIFTING BODY KLIPPER INCOMING

thWlAgLYXxnohfdJ73HVKlXotmuE=&risl=&pid=station_hull_2.jpg&ehk=W2CS1KqXPPByelbGM

75611450-8ceb6f00-5b12-11ea-8144-93369e0

Can we have these sphere stack back? It think this just can't be a better definition for Soviet/Russian style engineering.

Multiple spheres stack in absurd geometric position.

We can just restore the old vega space station fuel sphere or make this looking a B9 part switch variant.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, Anachro said:

Explore further possibilities of this mod.

vjOxACv.png

Very nice build! Really cool to see !

11 hours ago, Anachro said:

thWlAgLYXxnohfdJ73HVKlXotmuE=&risl=&pid=station_hull_2.jpg&ehk=W2CS1KqXPPByelbGM

75611450-8ceb6f00-5b12-11ea-8144-93369e0

Can we have these sphere stack back? It think this just can't be a better definition for Soviet/Russian style engineering.

Multiple spheres stack in absurd geometric position.

We can just restore the old vega space station fuel sphere or make this looking a B9 part switch variant.

For definite, I am planning in adding some new "station" end caps in this update to give these parts a little more life. They can all be switched in to existing parts.

Priroda-da-da-da
naked and blanket version, and a few potential recolours.

fFLL4iK.jpg
9DCx0f3.jpg
WMLxvGl.jpeg

Some new kind of flags for labelling things

screenshot824.png?width=1084&height=610

Edited by Beale

Hello Beale!

The TANTARES mod family has become a must in my standard game. It's perfect!:heart_eyes:
But today the story is different. I have a new career project that includes only specific parts of some mods. So I would like to know:

1- Is it possible to reduce the mod and keep only the parts present on the ISS? (I have an idea of what to do but I don't want to take any chances before I hear it)

2- Does this affect other family mods in some kind of incompatibility?

I am currently running the game in version 1.11.2

11 minutes ago, KallangoVerde said:

Hello Beale!

The TANTARES mod family has become a must in my standard game. It's perfect!:heart_eyes:
But today the story is different. I have a new career project that includes only specific parts of some mods. So I would like to know:

1- Is it possible to reduce the mod and keep only the parts present on the ISS? (I have an idea of what to do but I don't want to take any chances before I hear it)

2- Does this affect other family mods in some kind of incompatibility?

I am currently running the game in version 1.11.2

Yeah you can freely just open Tantares/Parts/

and delete whichever folders you don't need, if for example you wanted to delete both LK landers:

XhwU8mf.jpg

2 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Is there a place where I can get a  Completed Soyuz Craft file? i remember there was one in the dropbox back in 2019, but it's gone now.

thanks, and great mod.

There's a good Wiki I've used before that has these craft files and guides on Tantaras and Bluedog, Etc https://github.com/friznit

1 hour ago, Vostok6 said:

Where can i find a N1-L3 with lander and stuff craft file? I want to recreate soviet moon mission that was unfortunately never done

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki -->
But only as separate craft-files.

Or here as assembly plan:
https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki/wiki/N1

core 1.875m parts mostly done:

Going clockwise:

• Spektr Lab
  • Basic Can (short)
  • Spektr tail / nose
  • Basic Can (long)
  • Priroda Lab

Spektr tail/nose might get a naked version in the end, but I still don't know how much space I have to work with.

Those little brown circle mounts for the solar panels will be able to be toggled. So you can have just a simple plain can.

D2dhzpP.jpg

VZijvHU.jpeg

Edited by Beale