[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 14/04/2021 at 16:29, Beale said:

Sim, você pode abrir livremente Tantares / Parts /

e exclua todas as pastas de que você não precisa, se, por exemplo, quiser excluir os dois módulos de aterrissagem LK:

XhwU8mf.jpg

Hello Beale

I did the procedure as you said and it was very good.:cool:

Only who learns is wrong learns? So I tried to repeat this in the TANTARES LV mod. (It didn't quite work ... but I did a backup)

My intention is to keep only 3 rockets. ENERGIA-BURAN, Proton and Soyuz. This time WORKING :D

What exactly should I do?

I'm using JNSQ(2.7x Kerbin) and I am having trouble with reentry of VA.

In theory the 2000k heat resistance of the capsule is enough for JNSQ atmosphere (which is 85000km, with minimum orbit velocity of 3850m/s).

And I tested the Making history Gemini which has a similar design with VA, and it just can survive the reentry.

Finally, I find that VA heat shield is not insulating the heat as good as stock ones.

Is it intended?

On 4/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, KallangoVerde said:

Hello Beale

I did the procedure as you said and it was very good.:cool:

Only who learns is wrong learns? So I tried to repeat this in the TANTARES LV mod. (It didn't quite work ... but I did a backup)

My intention is to keep only 3 rockets. ENERGIA-BURAN, Proton and Soyuz. This time WORKING :D

What exactly should I do?

Should be the same, just select the folders you want to delete

Most of the Energia parts are in the ANY_FUEL_TANK/Energia folders etc. So make sure to keep those.

8 hours ago, Anachro said:

I'm using JNSQ(2.7x Kerbin) and I am having trouble with reentry of VA.

In theory the 2000k heat resistance of the capsule is enough for JNSQ atmosphere (which is 85000km, with minimum orbit velocity of 3850m/s).

And I tested the Making history Gemini which has a similar design with VA, and it just can survive the reentry.

Finally, I find that VA heat shield is not insulating the heat as good as stock ones.

Is it intended?

Would it be possible to open a GitHub issue so I don't forget? I can tweak the heat properties of this:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/issues

1Ig3rwh.jpg
Qcp87Jc.jpg
yWITiRP.jpg
tql60NV.jpg
CK6y1Bf.jpg
lDCSt6x.jpeg
GOFm0dv.jpg
tNUFmWi.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Deve ser igual, basta selecionar as pastas que deseja deletar

A maioria das peças Energia está nas pastas ANY_FUEL_TANK / Energia etc. Portanto, certifique-se de mantê-las.

Seria possível abrir um problema do GitHub para não esquecer? Posso ajustar as propriedades de calor deste:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/issues

1Ig3rwh.jpg
Qcp87Jc.jpg
yWITiRP.jpg
tql60NV.jpg
CK6y1Bf.jpg
lDCSt6x.jpeg
GOFm0dv.jpg
tNUFmWi.jpg

Thanks Beale! It's working now...

12 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@Beale If you ever do UR900 and RD270/M.....

EDIT: I should mention that the majority of this is @Zorg's work. I just recolored and rescaled it for this engine which took an inordinate amount of time

Oh no! Pentaborane????

soyuz3_kliper_exploded_1.jpg

Can we give NK-33 a  shrouded variant and have a sea-level RD-120 for Soyuz 2-3 ? It would be a small tweak yet give possibility to many heavy payloads on basic Soyuz design.

Like Kliper and Parom or Progress M2 

axk710O.png

SgsCiBD.png

MeAmvmc.png

Glory to the advanced soyuz LV!

Edited by Anachro

Can we have SMERCH?

It's a large LH2/LOX upper stage/space tug at first time as a modern replacement of Blok V for N1. Later it become a upper stage/interplanetary transfer stage for possible Lunar or Mars mission for Energia/Vulkan.

It would be similar to the existing N1 Blok V except it uses Tantares LH2 and having a Hydrogen vacuum engine , RD-57

Edited by Anachro

Hello folks.

Another Soyuz rockets fan here; a launcher from which I built a replica using the stock parts. If restock makes it look nicer I wasn't completely satisfied with a few aspects on a pure aesthetical level.

Which is ofc why I installed Tantares. First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to Beale and to all of those who have contributed to this mod directly or indirectly. I didn't expect that amount of parts, so nicely detailed and astutely incorporated to the game "ecosystem". Really neat stuff!

In my attempt to recreate Soyuz (not only the orbital spacecraft but also the launcher) I unfortunately couldn't find those beveled tanks as seen in the folowing image:

AkCFhPt.jpg

Yet, this part seems to be included in the mod parts as seen on a screenshot by Zorg:

EEl_SAKU0AIaYth?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Am I missing something? I double checked and I could find the rights tanks except one that is perfectly cylindric (Tantares Size 1.5 Fuel Tank C).

Although there are two shape-fiting parts but with a diameter that do not fit the design (Tantares Size 1.5 to 1 Adapter Tank C & D).

Also, along the same lines, I cannot find a similar beveled upper part tank as seen here:

gsaUpmd.jpg

But I guess, I'm just asking way too much here haha. Either way, I know I'm quibbling a bit but what can we do? Perfectionists... :)

Regards, F.

59 minutes ago, BARRAGAN said:

Hello folks.

Another Soyuz rockets fan here; a launcher from which I built a replica using the stock parts. If restock makes it look nicer I wasn't completely satisfied with a few aspects on a pure aesthetical level.

Which is ofc why I installed Tantares. First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to Beale and to all of those who have contributed to this mod directly or indirectly. I didn't expect that amount of parts, so nicely detailed and astutely incorporated to the game "ecosystem". Really neat stuff!

In my attempt to recreate Soyuz (not only the orbital spacecraft but also the launcher) I unfortunately couldn't find those beveled tanks as seen in the folowing image:

AkCFhPt.jpg

Yet, this part seems to be included in the mod parts as seen on a screenshot by Zorg:

Am I missing something? I double checked and I could find the rights tanks except one that is perfectly cylindric (Tantares Size 1.5 Fuel Tank C).

Although there are two shape-fiting parts but with a diameter that do not fit the design (Tantares Size 1.5 to 1 Adapter Tank C & D).

Also, along the same lines, I cannot find a similar beveled upper part tank as seen here:

gsaUpmd.jpg

But I guess, I'm just asking way too much here haha. Either way, I know I'm quibbling a bit but what can we do? Perfectionists... :)

Regards, F.

Many thanks, yeah the bevel tanks are in-game, but they are two separate part (just two cones you flip):

b9lilWP.jpeg
5UtW2Pk.jpeg

The bevel upper tank part is where the fairing base goes - unfortunately we don't have that yet, but it's coming with the Tantares Simple Adjustable Fairing expansion, coming soon (ish):

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSAF

16 hours ago, Anachro said:

Can we have SMERCH?

It's a large LH2/LOX upper stage/space tug at first time as a modern replacement of Blok V for N1. Later it become a upper stage/interplanetary transfer stage for possible Lunar or Mars mission for Energia/Vulkan.

It would be similar to the existing N1 Blok V except it uses Tantares LH2 and having a Hydrogen vacuum engine , RD-57

Sadly right now there isn't the human-power to put this number of things to production. Only me ;.;
Current updates take up 100% of resources.

13 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

@Beale

Some info on an Almaz based space missile if you're interested:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/almaz-shield2.html

Very nice, appreciate it.

5EWQgOd.jpg
adEjsLp.jpeg
89ceeqY.jpg

Edited by Beale

8 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Probably already posted, but just in case if not.

The Russian TV new video about Almaz and related
(In Russian)

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, never seen this in such high quality,   many thanks :)

would have been very useful when I was redoing the latest revision of it, but still this has some useful stuff for generalities.

Unfortunately I hit a snag with the texture layout of current FGB parts (with recolour efficiency in mind), so a lot of reorganisation must be done.
While I am doing the boring part, a small decision was made to inset the windows, which I think looks a little bit more pretty.

5vQ4C4Q.jpeg

They are updating the wiki about the planned orbital station these days.
They added a video (in Russian) with something looking like a module under construction and the posters with phases of with the station development (on video behind the spokespersons).

The left and the middle posters are about first and seconds phases of its development, respectively.

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

something looking like a module under construction

It's NEM(googleable name) - scientific-energetic module. I'm not sure it's in the scope of Tantares, but it's ultimately a Proton fairing-wide MPL with a conic adapter to docking port on one side and a truss with two wide Tantares solars on another. I think it's possible to kitbash it with existing Tantares, Station Parts Expansion Redux and (maybe) Planetside parts.

proton_nem_2.jpgnauchno-energeticheskij-modul-novoj-orbitalnoj-stancii-1.jpg

Meteor 1-10 (Plesetsk)

nGtgTGT.png

Meteor 1-10 was launched from Plesetsk at 29 December, 1971.

X84i1BL.png

RzTrG8K.png

Meteor satellites were launched on Vostok-2 rocket - which was basically the same rocket that launched Vostok spacecraft.

NzRIWzC.png

D8iqLY7.png

uAY9lxX.png

mrcHFVb.png

The conglomeration to the left is Arkhangelsk, a major city and port in Russian Arctic, and Severodvinsk - a major Russian naval base.

CPterQl.png

SrPtGK1.png

Doing Corolev's Cross.

W4T4PBK.png

The funniest-looking peninsula on Earth - Kanin!

PnNviPB.png

Novaya Zemlya.

XEFn9GX.png

At the intermediate orbit, deploying stuff.

oFOITMi.png

And now, something totally unexpected. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce 11D82M - a Soviet SOLID APOGEE KICK MOTOR.

This thing originated as Voskhod deorbit motor, and later was adapted as AKM for Vostok-launched satellites. Unfortunately, Tantares does not have it, so I've used BDB to build it.

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* *hey Beale make the goddamn thing already*

Here it is:

11D82M_big.jpg

RPKUoXA.png

Anyway, back to the satellite.

The reason I chose this particulatr satellite is: it carried prototype Stationary Plasma Thrusters. These were tucked under solar panels, as you can see there:

lepFA1a.png

On 4/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, kerbiloid said:

They are updating the wiki about the planned orbital station these days.
They added a video (in Russian) with something looking like a module under construction and the posters with phases of with the station development (on video behind the spokespersons).

The left and the middle posters are about first and seconds phases of its development, respectively.

Hide contents

Nice, thanks!

18 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Meteor 1-10 (Plesetsk)

Reveal hidden contents

nGtgTGT.png

Meteor 1-10 was launched from Plesetsk at 29 December, 1971.

X84i1BL.png

RzTrG8K.png

Meteor satellites were launched on Vostok-2 rocket - which was basically the same rocket that launched Vostok spacecraft.

NzRIWzC.png

D8iqLY7.png

uAY9lxX.png

mrcHFVb.png

The conglomeration to the left is Arkhangelsk, a major city and port in Russian Arctic, and Severodvinsk - a major Russian naval base.

CPterQl.png

SrPtGK1.png

Doing Corolev's Cross.

W4T4PBK.png

The funniest-looking peninsula on Earth - Kanin!

PnNviPB.png

Novaya Zemlya.

XEFn9GX.png

At the intermediate orbit, deploying stuff.

oFOITMi.png

And now, something totally unexpected. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce 11D82M - a Soviet SOLID APOGEE KICK MOTOR.

This thing originated as Voskhod deorbit motor, and later was adapted as AKM for Vostok-launched satellites. Unfortunately, Tantares does not have it, so I've used BDB to build it.

*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* *hey Beale make the goddamn thing already*

Here it is:

11D82M_big.jpg

RPKUoXA.png

Anyway, back to the satellite.

The reason I chose this particulatr satellite is: it carried prototype Stationary Plasma Thrusters. These were tucked under solar panels, as you can see there:

lepFA1a.png

v. nice rebuild!

Refining these to include sunken in windows and a few other visual tweaks.

SVv7NH5.jpeg
JETNIe5.jpeg

2WETqq7.jpeg

32 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

Just figured, why the Tantares RCS thruster are not working with my crafts. They use liquid fuel and oxidizer?! O_o

Is that intended or do I have some mess on my install?

Yeah this is a very intentional decision, irl they are using bipropellant for rcs thrusters, as a bonus it makes things easier to balance, and actually gives you a lot of flexibility (and hopefully, fun) designing craft.

Reworking those FGB adapters to be a little more bulky when blanketed

1sQ4P0c.png