[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

11 hours ago, KallangoVerde said:

Hi Beale ... is there an official guide or not of the Tantares SP pieces? I looked in the other guide but it seems that it only mentions parts of the other two mods ... correct?

There should be craft files included with the download, so you can see how they go together:

L9mNHR7.jpeg

7 hours ago, Kuiper_Belt said:

Mir has an American visitor!g63WkQO.jpg 

Incredible! Just incredible! Really love to see it.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, Beale said:

Yeah this is a very intentional decision, irl they are using bipropellant for rcs thrusters, as a bonus it makes things easier to balance, and actually gives you a lot of flexibility (and hopefully, fun) designing craft.

Reworking those FGB adapters to be a little more bulky when blanketed

I see. However why then all the parts have huge mono propellant tanks included? Like the Soyus. All that would not be needed anymore?

11 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

I see. However why then all the parts have huge mono propellant tanks included? Like the Soyus. All that would not be needed anymore?

Oh, none of the parts should have any monopropellant at all anymore besides a small number of them. You maybe have out if date craft files (fuel modules are annoyingly saved with the craft files by KSP, rather than being loaded live). If you remove and re addone of these parts you probably will see it become liquid fuel.

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Oh, none of the parts should have any monopropellant at all anymore besides a small number of them. You maybe have out if date craft files (fuel modules are annoyingly saved with the craft files by KSP, rather than being loaded live). If you remove and re addone of these parts you probably will see it become liquid fuel.

Ah, ok... that makes sense... and would explain why my crafts still have that weird mix. So either it is old version for me... or revamping my crafts... Thanks for explaining!
EDIT: Maybe a "LF thruster" in the title of each would make sense. At least other mods mark it like that.

@Friznit That is probably relevant for you as well. I just used a Zarya craft file from you and it still has the Monoprop, e.g. in the RFT-D2 Tanks

Edited by chris-kerbal

10 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

And another thing: Do the Andromeda Monopropellant tanks then still make sense, or should they be small LF/Ox tanks?

Those are one of the few parts I think should still be mono.

11 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

EDIT: Maybe a "LF thruster" in the title of each would make sense. At least other mods mark it like that.

Ah interesting, I don't think I've seen that before, do you have any example I can take a look at how they're set up?

Working on the ring core

4YEeBI6.jpg
q2G789t.jpg
NYWvi2R.jpeg

Edited by Beale

6 minutes ago, Beale said:

Ah interesting, I don't think I've seen that before, do you have any example I can take a look at how they're set up?

I know it for example from Internal RCS. They are named e.g. "EVR-WR LF1 - Liquid Fuel RCS" and the counterpart "EVR-WR MP1 - Monopropellant RCS"

13 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Is thegrey Salyut 6-7 parts become same green as Almaz and FGB ? No other parts are using this grey colour ,and the real stations were green

lol

yeah I hope they get green

6 minutes ago, Beale said:

v. nice!

Good build to do.

Here is the WIP updated parts for this very craft :)

double_tanks.gif?width=712&height=610
single_tanks.gif?width=678&height=610
D7PgZSX.jpg
qgEzF4v.jpeg

Are the new parts/updated parts going to keep the same part names do you think? I have created a lot of RO configuration files for the MIR and FGB and would be a pain in the backside to have to redo them.

2 minutes ago, si2504 said:

Are the new parts/updated parts going to keep the same part names do you think? I have created a lot of RO configuration files for the MIR and FGB and would be a pain in the backside to have to redo them.

some of the new parts will remain the same names (about 25% so far), but unfortunately it is unavoidable that a few will have new names due to restructuring.

However, once it is closer to a release-ready state - it is fairly trivial for me to provide a was-is mapping which should hopefully make updating this RO config trivial (are you using VS code / Notepad++ / sublime, or a similar editor? Mass find-replace is possible).

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

some of the new parts will remain the same names (about 25% so far), but unfortunately it is unavoidable that a few will have new names due to restructuring.

However, once it is closer to a release-ready state - it is fairly trivial for me to provide a was-is mapping which should hopefully make updating this RO config trivial (are you using VS code / Notepad++ / sublime, or a similar editor? Mass find-replace is possible).

Yeah I use notepad++. I've just literally put the FGB and MIR in orbit too as start of my ISS build. Lol. Ah well, you can't knock progress, and it will give me something to do.

Just now, si2504 said:

Yeah I use notepad++. I've just literally put the FGB and MIR in orbit too as start of my ISS build. Lol. Ah well, you can't knock progress, and it will give me something to do.

For some consolation, these parts are a long way away, you have months :P

There is so much left to do, including all of this:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares/projects/11