[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 hours ago, finkmac said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

Difference 8 years makes. Nice to have a flexible soviet-style stations kit, but I sure do miss the IVAs and little nifty features from the old mods.

Not sure if I should wait for SOCK Buran before I launch Kristall.... Need to make sure those docking ports are compatible :)

Aaaah many good memories with the Bobcat parts, great inspiration.

The new parts in the works will definitely capture a lot of the little details (considering the same folding windows) so hopefully closer to that old setup.

753Vntq.jpg

17 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

For the 1.5m Soyuz parts? It's possible I may have forgotten to send you the fixed files, but it's nothing complicated. I found the original files in one of the 1.8 versions of TantaresLV and the only thing that needed updating was the parts folder because it had been renamed with different capitalization between versions for some reason.

EDIT: Just double-checked our private messages. It's not an actual file because I couldn't figure out how to attach one on the forums, but I pasted the complete config file for you a while back under a readmore, and all that's needed is to copypaste it and put it into the folder that I mentioned in the message.

Many thanks, I think those are primed for next release already.

Edited by Beale

Hi
I installed this a few days ago. I've noticed that most of the smaller parts like antennae, solar panels, etc. don't give me the tweakable window when placing them on my craft in the VAB, nor do they highlight when I mouse-over.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this (and can explain what I've inevitably done wrong)

7 hours ago, ScifiGeek1991 said:

Hi
I installed this a few days ago. I've noticed that most of the smaller parts like antennae, solar panels, etc. don't give me the tweakable window when placing them on my craft in the VAB, nor do they highlight when I mouse-over.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this (and can explain what I've inevitably done wrong)

What version of KSP do you have because that is a known issue in pre-1.11 versions.

21 hours ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Hey @Beale, is there a dev release of Tantares (like how BDB does it)? I’d love to fool around with whatever WIP parts you have kicking around

Yeah you can grab wip releases at:

https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares

Contains latest Polyus, Rassvet

(just download the repo as zip)
Usual caveats of wip releases apply.

22 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Very cool @Beale

I've been away for a few months, last I remember there were plans to put up-to-date tantares on CKAN. Is that a thing? 

yep, this should now be fixed :)

Kristall Node

bGlUw9v.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, ScifiGeek1991 said:

ah. that makes sense since I'm using 1.10.1

There's a fix below, though I do recommend getting rid of it if you do decide to update, it can cause problems on 1.11+

Works like a charm on 1.10.X

On 5/12/2021 at 2:48 PM, Beale said:

<Beautiful pictures>

Wow wow wow! Can't wait to rebuild MIR.

If I may make a suggestion... Consider some recoloured parts to make a proper Kvant-1 FSM tug? I couldn't find a white or cream coloured Cone, just a black and green one.
And possibly a decoupler that wraps over the docking port side of Kvant-1? 

For reference

Spoiler

Kvant_module_and_FSM_drawing.png

16 hours ago, finkmac said:

Wow wow wow! Can't wait to rebuild MIR.

If I may make a suggestion... Consider some recoloured parts to make a proper Kvant-1 FSM tug? I couldn't find a white or cream coloured Cone, just a black and green one.
And possibly a decoupler that wraps over the docking port side of Kvant-1? 

For reference

Hide contents

Kvant_module_and_FSM_drawing.png

Yeah for definite, actually the current WIP release has a white nosecone.

kwistaww

VJfLKWB.jpg
Z8DiWkI.jpeg
piwdlRp.jpeg

Edited by Beale

5 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

imagine not having enough RAM

jpOfaLU.gif

is there red and yellow variations for all parts or is this a modification? i think having all colors for all parts would be nice.

8 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

mod by me, yes, red and yellow and all the other colors except tan exist.

is there some place i can get this modification?

16 hours ago, Sawtooth_ said:

I've installed the latest version of Tantares but almost all of the stock craft files have parts missing and cannot load as a result. How to fix this?

What error message you get?