[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

this looks amazing! telescopes are extremely cool!

also, will we get a nother color/other colors for the new parts?

thanks, yah for sure, at least two extra colours.

Edited by Beale

20 minutes ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately yeah there are too many changes to the FGB stuff from more things discovered over the years, more stuff for Mir etc. Some parts will just upgrade, but others will be soft deprecated.

You can best options:

• Hold off install until you're ready to start some things new (Probably best option if you have a lot of existing stuff).
  • Roll with the deprecation, de-orbit stuff with textureless parts (I don't usually have huge attachment to saves so this is what I do).
  • Little GameData surgery to allow you to use old and new parts in parallel. I can't unfortunately support this 1st hand, since it's kind of a bit of work, and bloats the download, but if you know what you're doing it's very easy to be honest.

Kristall telescope thingy

f6woevx.jpg
ZKKA6Mi.jpeg
DrmRHmd.gif

That looks fantastic! Would it be possible to have a variant without the telescope, to use it as some sort of bay?

16 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

hmmm....

these would look nice in yellow.

:D

to be honest, a color like black or dark gray would be better, because it would better fit it with for example VA and it's support stuff

30 minutes ago, Beccab said:

That looks fantastic! Would it be possible to have a variant without the telescope, to use it as some sort of bay?

I'm hoping this is going to be possible, there is a little space left over, but basically all of the internal would need to be rebaked (ambient occlusion).

20 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

to be honest, a color like black or dark gray would be better, because it would better fit it with for example VA and it's support stuff

So I am thinking of unifying the Almaz / FGB / Mir / Salyut 7 colour palettes so you have the same selection options for all parts, it gives you some really nice combos honestly (e.g. Grey and Cream for Almaz):

screenshot972.png?width=1084&height=610

photo

screenshot976.png?width=1084&height=610
DrmRHmd.gif
unknown.png?width=610&height=610

Edited by Beale

What Beale is working on:

21 hours ago, Beale said:

I'm hoping this is going to be possible, there is a little space left over, but basically all of the internal would need to be rebaked (ambient occlusion).

So I am thinking of unifying the Almaz / FGB / Mir / Salyut 7 colour palettes so you have the same selection options for all parts, it gives you some really nice combos honestly (e.g. Grey and Cream for Almaz):

screenshot972.png?width=1084&height=610

photo

screenshot976.png?width=1084&height=610
DrmRHmd.gif
unknown.png?width=610&height=610

What some people want:

Roscosmos' new spaceship looks like something straight out of 'Avatar' -  Russia Beyond

What others want:

(The brown thingy)

Soyuz (spacecraft) - Wikipedia

What I want: For Beale to be happy:D.

What I want REAAAAL deep down:

Spoiler

Mars 3 - WikipediaMars 3 - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:
  Hide contents

quick-round:

1. ksp2
  2. never
  3. always
  4. soon?

little work on the priroda SAR.

jefTnQF.jpeg

solid bg so you can see a horrible brain rotting optical illusion the grid pattern better

oQ33VLd.jpeg

potential tweaks / variant to kvant-2 lab:

Ipy5xVt.jpguO6IrIg.jpg

naked telescope:

WnIc1rc.jpg

(expect this to be reworked heavily)

12 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

but what is it

An umbilical line that connects the orbital module to the service module (at least I'm pretty sure it is) that Beale says will never be done and I suspect it has become an in-joke.

On 6/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, Beale said:

If you are looking for feedback on this Idea, I like it... a lot.  

So I finally settled on a configuration using Tantares Parts for the SPP section of the Russian Segment of the ISS...

QbMnXKu.png

Has become:

ete2aEL.jpg

Yes that is a standard ISS Solar Wing on-top of a REALLY stretched TKS and it is inline instead of on-top of the Russian Segment.   The Key to why I did this was there are no solar arrays small enough that are dual axis tracking that would fit on what would be a 1.5m hull form.

And yes the Part at 90 degrees to the rest is the UDM (Universal Docking Module)   I have 2 of the missing ISS parts already in orbit....   Just need to finish the truss, launch the already completed DSM and then figure out RM1 and RM2.  Because of ETS Spacelab + the SPP my layout is changing from the full proposed ISS layout a bit to make more room for docking.  

Full walk-through of this Station is on the Habtech2 forum:

Am I missing something with the RCS, when using them in 4x symmetry its like the game is confused which ones to actually fire for translation ?

Example - try to translate port and it fires both sides therefore cancelling out the translation.

Placing them in 2x symmetry seems fine.

Mainly tested with the Octans 4A ones.

6 hours ago, Kaput said:

Am I missing something with the RCS, when using them in 4x symmetry its like the game is confused which ones to actually fire for translation ?

Example - try to translate port and it fires both sides therefore cancelling out the translation.

Placing them in 2x symmetry seems fine.

Mainly tested with the Octans 4A ones.

That's unfortunately not a tantares problem, but a squad one. RCS is just like that sometimes.

oooh chimpanzee that monkeyir news

yH4vyiD.jpg?width=902&height=603 Some reworks to existing modules, two-eye Kristall - Chunky option for Kvant lab
emQrwAa.jpg New computer console prop
vXd1UIf.jpg?width=1220&height=603 IVAs
I4alUoi.jpg?width=1073&height=603 Spektr lab IVA
ivpBfyN.jpg?width=1440&height=5279afcnwS.jpg?width=350&height=603 Progress Fairing
ZKd7bUf.jpg?width=933&height=603 Priroda SAR

56 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

lol does progress always have a green fairing? never noticed that

Inside the processing facility for the Soyuz rockets, 1978.

"Hey Sergei, where these fairings are supposed go? They look same."

"Uh. Perhaps Vladimir knows."

"Good idea. Whoops!"

Green paint has fallen unto one of the fairings, and has left a stain.

"That one is Progress! The other is Soyuz! You are genius, Nathan!"

"Uh, yes. I am genius."

On 6/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, Starhelperdude said:

lol does progress always have a green fairing? never noticed that

Green Appears to be the most common color for Aviation grade GRP in Russia.   GRP=Fiberglass for those not in the know :D   

Colors other than Green did not exist in large production quantities, that I can verify, prior to the MiG-23 fighter (1971ish.)   While the MiG-23 is a 50 year old fighter design,  Manufacturing supply Inertia has kept Green as a common color in Russia through the early 1980s at least.    Mind you have have no first tier sources to this... mostly second hand western works.   So please take this with a grain of salt... and I know a lot of people who live in Russia or one or more of the former Soviet republics are in the forum and can possibly provide more concrete data.