[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

This, most likely. Also nice lander included.

Incorrect.

16 hours ago, GoldForest said:

How did you make that other craft?

It's the Apollo D-2 proposed by General Electric, from the Bluedog Design Bureau mod. You'll need to download the dev version from GitHub.

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Incorrect.

It's the Apollo D-2 proposed by General Electric, from the Bluedog Design Bureau mod. You'll need to download the dev version from GitHub.

I have the latest BDB and I don't remember seeing that at all. 

1 hour ago, 2445 said:

Will the Tantares mod be updated to version 1.12.0 ?

Yes, give Beale time. He's in the middle of a big update.

18 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

A little alternative ASTP goodness to share.
Yu8ywJB.png?1

Awesome! I love Apollo D2!

2 hours ago, 2445 said:

Will the Tantares mod be updated to version 1.12.0 ?

vacation

KGHJVVn.jpeg

23 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Yes, give Beale time. He's in the middle of a big update.

I'm not working on anything Tantares related right now - I prefer people don't speak on my behalf, because it can lead to misinformation.
I am also not the only Tantares developer, everyone has their own life and schedule, and this must be respected.

Update will arrive after KSP 1.12.2 or later.

More H-II balance (colours are not final).

fQo41Ol.jpeg
bvWWvkS.jpeg
ZYQaDMR.jpeg

Edited by Beale

21 minutes ago, Beale said:

I'm not working on anything Tantares related right now - I prefer people don't speak on my behalf, because it can lead to misinformation.
I am also not the only Tantares developer, everyone has their own life and schedule, and this must be respected.

Update will arrive after KSP 1.12.2 or later.

Oh, sorry.  I didn't know you were not working on tantares ATM. I apologize.

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I have the latest BDB and I don't remember seeing that at all.

10 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Incorrect.

mcdouble is the creator of the GE Apollo D2 mod.   Not the BDB team.  It is correctly sized to fly on a Titan which IS in the BDB mod so.....   If GE would have had it's way (and if Hydrolox AJ-10s were a good design choice) we would have ignored MSFC and launched to the moon on the Titan rocket.   But in the end.    Early Centaur launches exploded because no one realized what they were doing with Hydrolxo fuel.  Glad we didn't choose it but it is an amusing and fun What IF.  

Personally I consider it the "not-father" of Soyuz.    The Soyuz design was not solidified until after the GE proposal made its way into public record.  But to be clear I don't think Soyuz is a copy of the D2... rather, the Soviet engineers were working to a similar set of goals as what the GE team was working towards.   And using a Fairing instead of an extra layer of skin like the D2 does probably saved several hundred KG of mass.

So, after my Epic explosion when my ISS met KSP 1.12.1.....

A new, more complete ISS with a better, read that as more accurate, placement of the un-launched modules.

Spoiler

y1FmKT8.jpgFrom the Front and above, International Segment

pNBvj2A.jpg

From Below showing the Universal Docking Module and the Docking and Stowage modules on the Russian Segment (they are both slightly stretched TKS derived as intended one of those is what probably became Nauka, although in plan form the 6 way node on the "top" is 45 degrees from Nauka or Zarya.  

o9jDkcG.jpg

Basically the same image above but with "Space, the final frontier" in the background :D

6g7rjaz.png

Unfortunately my angle of orbit did not give me any good sun side shots of the SPP module.   I made this with the Tantares Octagonal "Space Tourism" parts (IDR the part names as I built this several days ago and these are Images from then.)    IRL I do not know what the SPP module would have been based on (Something new?)  But it would have had a single 2 axis twin winged solar array. 

QbMnXKu.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Power_Platform

https://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/spp.htm

Yes I built this station with Quantum Struts.   Needed to after the explosion in my old station because my then TKS derived SPP literally struck the Skylab I had docked to the OTHER END of the station....    Talk about bad physics shift!   Now only the Solar wings wobble a little when they move too fast (after a timewarp on the station for example.   The Solar Wings are the only part not quantum strutted.  

As Before I built this with a ton of flights of Various BDB Transtage tugs on CH4 powered Titan LDCs.    For some reason, I am guessing due to the fuel being the wrong type (Hypergolic improves performance over LFO), I can't get Proton to lift a large station component to the 500km orbit I am using for my ISS.   The best I can do with proton is 130-150km depending on payload mass.   One of my next projects will be to convert the Proton to either AZ50/NTO or UDMH/IRFNA-3(If I can figure out that fuel ratio... AZ50 is EASIER if not correct for anything but Titan.)

51 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@Pappystein Are you building just a random mix match of the three ISS designs? Or is this just something you put together?

ZwDKd25.jpg

This is the drawing I am basing my Designs on.... I think that is from Gunter's page but I have not found it there (just parts of it like I posted above for the SPP.)   I found this in a KSP forum months ago....

The only real changes I have made is I didn't launch a  Centrifuge module... since, in my opinion it could cause weird issues with the rest of the station.   and I used the HABtech2 extended node instead of the Node 3... giving a little space to allow for better docking.   Beyond that and not having launched the DC, RM1 or RM2... Not using a Space shuttle to make any of this....    It is pretty much that design.  Oh no robotic arms since I tend to break things with them.

I should add, I posted more detail on the International Segment over on the Habtech2 forum chain:

Edited by Pappystein

Japan engine good.

Is it an LE-5? Is it an LE-5A? It's both!
Yes! We're pleasing nobody!

Now a more accurate LE-5 with the reccolator is possible, but weighing up texture constraints.
Plus this looks cool-ish without it anyway.

c8IUxOV.jpeg
0yIq9yo.jpeg
LvtYDif.jpeg

13 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

On some screenshots of Soyuz, I see a texture copying the fabric look of the original. Is that Tantares as well and I only need to activate it somewhere?

Right now there is a little mixture of a few style, search the first words in the VAB:

Soyuz - painted metal

LOK - fabric blankets

Progress - painted metal and fabric blankets

13 hours ago, Beale said:

Right now there is a little mixture of a few style, search the first words in the VAB:

Soyuz - painted metal

LOK - fabric blankets

Progress - painted metal and fabric blankets

And probably in the new version? I just looked in the "classic" one and that is all different coloured metal.

Hey, love the mod and wanted to ask - is PrOP-M planned? It's a soviet mars rover thing-y, which could, I believe, be done rather easily with wheel module with external animation or through stock robotics, and would look nice and cute as a secondary payload on probe landers. And even if it's style of movement can't be implemented it could still be aded as a detacheable experiment with "It's not functioning blah blah :(" as a result - just like a real thing.. I mean, you've tried to add a Phobos hopper, after all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_3#Prop-M_Rover

Mars_propm_rover.jpg

4 hours ago, NiL said:

animation

That's an interesting question. Is it possible to play cyclic animation with on/off button in KSP, because this "rover" was supposed to walk like that? 

Another way of doing it is adding an animation to wheel module, where actual wheel doesn't touch the ground and exists only for driving the animation -  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DrKermnassusParts/blob/master/GameData/DrKermnassusParts/keRover/keRoverLeg.cfg

5 hours ago, NiL said:

Hey, love the mod and wanted to ask - is PrOP-M planned? It's a soviet mars rover thing-y, which could, I believe, be done rather easily with wheel module with external animation or through stock robotics, and would look nice and cute as a secondary payload on probe landers. And even if it's style of movement can't be implemented it could still be aded as a detacheable experiment with "It's not functioning blah blah :(" as a result - just like a real thing.. I mean, you've tried to add a Phobos hopper, after all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_3#Prop-M_Rover

Mars_propm_rover.jpg

1 hour ago, Hohmannson said:

That's an interesting question. Is it possible to play cyclic animation with on/off button in KSP, because this "rover" was supposed to walk like that? 

Another way of doing it is adding an animation to wheel module, where actual wheel doesn't touch the ground and exists only for driving the animation -  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DrKermnassusParts/blob/master/GameData/DrKermnassusParts/keRover/keRoverLeg.cfg

I do remember Beale tried to make a prop M.  And it failed.

11 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

I do remember Beale tried to make a prop M.  And it failed.

It's all about how KSP physics work, i've also tryed myself to do it. The only eventual way to have it moving at a stupid low speed, is too have many parts for it, and probably robotic part. wich is a problem for people without DLC. Anyway Beale is pretty busy, Tantares already need a final release with many stuff to finish before, trying to add more stuff on the list is maybe not a good idea.

Beale always wanted to have Prop-M, so that not the problem here. He just need too many part, too many work, too many test fighting KSP physics to be insteresting in my point of view.