[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 7/30/2021 at 7:34 AM, NiL said:

Hey, love the mod and wanted to ask - is PrOP-M planned? It's a soviet mars rover thing-y, which could, I believe, be done rather easily with wheel module with external animation or through stock robotics, and would look nice and cute as a secondary payload on probe landers. And even if it's style of movement can't be implemented it could still be aded as a detacheable experiment with "It's not functioning blah blah :(" as a result - just like a real thing.. I mean, you've tried to add a Phobos hopper, after all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_3#Prop-M_Rover

Mars_propm_rover.jpg

Genius! Maybe make a version for eve? One that's a boat

Playing Kerbalism and always had issues with the Progress to properly supply my ISS. So I sat down and wrote a MM patch for Kerbalism, trying to mimic the payload as much as possible. It is working for me in Stock Kerbalism, as well as JNSQ Kerbalism. Just the dry mass payload above food you need to add. (and yes, did the same for the Knes ATV... ;-))

Gas tanks are duplicated, to allow Nitrogen or Oxygen. There might be better options, happy on feedback to learn.

Leaving it here, for anyone interested.

Spoiler

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:BEFORE[KerbalismDefault]
{
    !CrewCapacity = 1
}

@PART[hamal_orbital_module_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
    !MODULE[Configure] {}

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxygen
        amount = 35461
        maxAmount = 35461
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Nitrogen
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 39968
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Food
        amount = 1943
        maxAmount = 1943
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Waste
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 2133
    }
}

@PART[hamal_avionics_s1_1]:NEEDS[Tantares,ProfileDefault]:AFTER[KerbalismDefault]
{
    !MODULE[Configure] {}
    !RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
    !RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Water
        amount = 420
        maxAmount = 420
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = WasteWater
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 398
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 99
        maxAmount = 99
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 121
        maxAmount = 121
    }
}

On the note of the Prop-M rover, I have a theory on how it might be doable without excessive parts: a main rover body which has the animation for the moving parts but no actual collision on them, and four invisible rover wheels attached to nodes on the body so they can be in the right position.

This of course wouldn't actually move in the way the real rover would, but the idea is simply to make it appear as though it does.

Edited by septemberWaves

5 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Some pre-moonshot station projects with a flight-tested Vostok 1K solar design.

God, that looks like Human Centipede. In space. Cosmonaut Centipede.

Solar panels are pretty cool, though. I wonder how they would deploy - looks like a real pain in the back to animate.

Edited by biohazard15

On 25.07.2021 at 23:29, Beale said:

Классно! Я люблю Apollo D2!

отпуск

KGHJVVn.jpeg

Сейчас я не работаю ни над чем, связанным с Тантаресом, - я предпочитаю, чтобы люди не говорили от моего имени, потому что это может привести к дезинформации.
Я тоже не единственный разработчик Tantares, у каждого своя жизнь и свой график, и это надо уважать.

Обновление поступит после KSP 1.12.2 или позже.

Больше баланса H-II (цвета не являются окончательными).

fQo41Ol.jpeg
bvWWvkS.jpeg
ZYQaDMR.jpeg

Sorry that I asked such a stupid question when the mod will be released, I became interested in the mod with ksp 1.10.1, sorry for the trouble.

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm trying to attach the Salyut stations to Proton rockets and I can't for the life of me find what would work as a proper interstage. I had to use the DCSS interstage from Bluedog Bureau. Which parts do that uniquely Soviet job of having part of the craft expose dwhile the other parts are covered by fairings and such?

2 hours ago, jediKatana said:

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm trying to attach the Salyut stations to Proton rockets and I can't for the life of me find what would work as a proper interstage. I had to use the DCSS interstage from Bluedog Bureau. Which parts do that uniquely Soviet job of having part of the craft expose dwhile the other parts are covered by fairings and such?

Use any 2.5m stock-style low profile fairing for it (disable staging in VAB if you don't want it). Sometimes it can be tricky due to small opening and stock fairings being finicky.

7 hours ago, jediKatana said:

Which  Salyut stations are you talking about? Because iirc all of them should have built in fairings in the 2.5 to 1.5 crew compartment. Unless you're talking about the way to attach the bottom of the station module to the top of the proton rocket, then yeah, you have to use a 2.5m fairing and just create an interstage to the bottom of the 2.5 module part. 

Edited by GoldForest

11 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Which  Salyut stations are you talking about? Because iirc all of them should have built in fairings in the 2.5 to 1.5 crew compartment. Unless you're talking about the way to attach the bottom of the station module to the top of the proton rocket, then yeah, you have to use a 2.5m fairing and just create an interstage to the bottom of the 2.5 module part. 

Found out how to work it - turns out my dumb self didn't know that you could make interstages with stock fairings. Whoops. Thanks for the help, though, I got it now.

18 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

I recall seeing some posts similar to this recently, but is there a possibility of adding interstages and recessed nodes into structural adapters to allow easier mounting of spacecrafts like Salyut and TKS, for example? Similar to BDB.

Yeah I am planning something like this.

DK2XrGh.jpeg
2295zcU.jpeg
HcEfW3c.jpeg

https://github.com/Tantares/GemstoneLV

Needs a lot of love and polish, and some things like endcaps are missing. But the main balancing of Hydrolox fuel amount and solid rocket boosters is done. Thanks for @Jso for their calculations for this.

There are still several key parts missing, but enough to build a full rocket.

Requires (linked below):

• B9 Part Switch
  • Community Resources
  • Simple Adjustable Fairings

screenshot254.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot253.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot261.png?width=1072&height=603
screenshot273.png?width=1072&height=603

Some of the parts are 1.5m in diameter, this form factor is fleshed out quite a lot with BDB

- Quite underpowered due to LE-7's low thrust. This is probably one of these cases where you need more than 25% of IRL thrust.

- Interstage has fuel crossfeed enabled and no means to disable it.

- No RCS on 2nd stage engine mount.

- I suggest adding a probe core and some reaction wheels to the 2nd stage top tank (like in BDB, where most upper stages come with either a built-in probe core (DCSS, Ablestar, Transtage) or a special part (Delta-K, Centaur))

6 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

- Quite underpowered due to LE-7's low thrust. This is probably one of these cases where you need more than 25% of IRL thrust.

- Interstage has fuel crossfeed enabled and no means to disable it.

- No RCS on 2nd stage engine mount.

- I suggest adding a probe core and some reaction wheels to the 2nd stage top tank (like in BDB, where most upper stages come with either a built-in probe core (DCSS, Ablestar, Transtage) or a special part (Delta-K, Centaur))

Thanks for the feedback, 1 and 2 addressed below. 3 and 4 will be ersolved, but need some new parts / new mesh details.

https://github.com/Tantares/GemstoneLV

- added endcaps and localisation

- added engine mount

still need

• verniers
  • rcs
  • backjets
  • decouplers

screenshot286.png?width=1072&height=603

Edited by Beale

TIL Tanegashima has H-II on display - resting on its side(!) outside, so you can see it on Google Maps. I wish more rocket displays were horizontal.

Anyway:

H-II, launching 9.3 tons (0.1t probe + 9.2t full medium ore tank) to 130km, 35deg circular orbit from Tanegashima (2.5x KSRSS)

5BK7PmL.png

Unfortunately, there is no H-II-style launch tower in MLP (fully covered with openings for swing arms and umbilicals):

h2_2big.jpg

so I've used Titan III one.

47kTaa9.png

Bug: misaligned plumes on SRBs.

vkdCV5m.png

AC73h4z.png

I've placed a couple of BDB Star 5 separatrons on SRBs. And yeah, that's Tanegashima in KSRSS.

j82rj4y.png

Due to its overall low TWR, it works quite well with MJ's PVG.

V6yFHu4.png

ppCWDBT.png

RqTGJjo.png

PBYAYRY.png

Not sure if bug, limitation or something - where's the nosecap on one of the fairing halves? This is literally the first time I've managed to capture SLF fairing so close to jettisoning moment.

rRJd1jJ.png

aCMtWiD.png

2zC9UF4.png

Due to absence of RCS, this mass is pretty much unmovable with probe's reaction wheels.

Some more feedback:

- Bottom endcap of 1st stage tank - frankly, this looks bad when you place engine mount. The original:

h2_3big.jpg

[/img]

White (as above and below it), no bolts, no visible deepening.

- Balance is pretty much perfect now, IMO. It placed 9.3t to LEO with 600 m/s dV to spare - which likely means it could make it with full 10 tonnes (and if not, you can always put a pair of BDB Castor-2s to create a H-II+ analog). Haven't tried a GEO flight yet, though (this may be quite challenging in KSRSS, depending on your launch site)

- Mod (and rocket) name - not sure about this. "Gemstones" are usually associated with French space program, not Japanese one.

Edited by biohazard15

Just did a quick Vostok mission. I like how the revamped pod looks; it's a lot nicer to use with the Universal Storage Vostok parts now.

ak84XCw.jpg

jLM4Xcl.jpg

BheCvt1.jpg

28aNLam.jpg

nnhDpHB.jpg

s0OdpZy.jpg

0oqIbzD.jpg

JBiDI35.jpg

r7IvITU.jpg

FXqyZVU.jpg

Before anyone asks:

I'm using JNSQ for the upscaled Kerbin, Zorg's TUFX visual setup for all of the visuals, Tantares Intercolor and Ordinary Things for the recoloured Soyuz rocket, Universal Storage II for the upper stage and Vostok service module, and Modular Launch Pads for the Soyuz launch pad. Additionally, the 1.5 meter upper connection of the Soyuz rocket is from an optional TantaresLV patch; it's still not in the current version of TantaresLV but earlier in this thread I outlined how you can manually update it in the meantime before it gets added to the next TantaresLV release.

Edited by septemberWaves