[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

13 minutes ago, KerbalFanatic1 said:

when do you think it will be till we get it

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

When it's done. 

first: Wrong Post

second: when it is finished. It's not done by a Soyuz capsule with 1.875m diameter!

Well, I must say I'm surprised and a little dissapointed to discover that there isn't a Connected Living Space config... Am I missing something, or is it not available?

--EDIT--

So THAT'S what the poilers in the OP are for... sorry I should have checked there first. :confused:

Edited by Andem

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

IIRC it was too hard to get such a craft working in the stock aerodynamics system. Considering that right now @Beale is having trouble even with normal rockets... :wink: 

Yeah, I expected Aerodynamics to be its main problem. And yes, the updates must be troubling him.

Keep going Beale, keep going! We all love what you make!

Woah, I just had a wicked idea!

Is there any way to add the functionality that allows you to limit how far the cargo bays can be deployed to solar panels, such as the Zarya solar panels? That way we can have the ISS with Zarya's solar panels about 50% deployed as they are right now IRL.

Has anyone else had the Vostok capsule eat kerbals? I put them in for launch, and they aren't there in flight. They also get labled dead in the persist file.

On 5/6/2016 at 4:06 AM, VenomousRequiem said:

Woah, I just had a wicked idea!

Is there any way to add the functionality that allows you to limit how far the cargo bays can be deployed to solar panels, such as the Zarya solar panels? That way we can have the ISS with Zarya's solar panels about 50% deployed as they are right now IRL.

I'm not sure it would be possible, as the solar panel is a separate module.

It would be neat though.

On 5/4/2016 at 5:49 PM, hraban said:

Not to share but more details :)

That's amazing!

LK W.I.P.

Progress has been slow. For a few days I have been too busy.

4c2fd7e26c.jpg346f6feb4a.jpg

e29c8524f6.jpg
9ca951632b.jpg
b2b656e028.jpg

The most important part, the difference in texture usage and efficiency!

5199f33044.pngc77d75e3a8.jpg

It still can seat two, I think.

e76846027d.jpg

Edited by Beale

6 hours ago, Jabbman said:

Looks great Bread man, keep up the god work!

Thanks!

More or less finished.

48fb45a4c4.jpg
9e03cae313.jpg
7e8112347c.jpg
5c1f11c94c.jpg
8b84c26fa6.jpg
ec87979255.jpg
535b146d0c.jpg

With a few other parts, for scale.
4f50bc8a4d.jpg
76e1e3c179.jpg

Edited by Beale

Nice LK update. Although I thought it was only going to have 1 Kerbal? I don't mind being able to have 2 in there, don't get me wrong, I guess I just assumed you would only have 1 with it being downsized. In any case it looks great, although I feel it needs some sort of hand hold on the door or something visual we would "[F]Grab" onto during EVA.

1 hour ago, Third_OfFive said:

iSOSvkj.png

Hey Beale, why did you remove these RCS ports? They were really cool...

Whoops, they are parts of the MAPC package, which I removed from the last release. I will make sure they are fixed.

1 hour ago, OTmikhail said:

Nice LK update. Although I thought it was only going to have 1 Kerbal? I don't mind being able to have 2 in there, don't get me wrong, I guess I just assumed you would only have 1 with it being downsized. In any case it looks great, although I feel it needs some sort of hand hold on the door or something visual we would "[F]Grab" onto during EVA.

I figure if it is large enough to sit two, why not?

Yes, fixed the hand-hold. I am playing with colouring, feedback appreciated.

a36c9e5f40.jpg

Plenty of space for other parts.

7d4ca93516.jpg

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

Yes, fixed the hand-hold. I am playing with colouring, feedback appreciated.

Grey looks fine, door stands out better.  I liked the yellow stripe, but yellow didn't really fit with any other parts. What color is the redone LK fuel tank going to be? You could use that instead of yellow if you still want some color. 

I know you're done with the modeling stage, but I think even more handholds would be great.  Maybe a couple rails from the door to the pod base? LK is bound to have some weird colliders, and it's good to avoid obstructing the hatch with separate ladder parts, so the fewer we have to add in the VAB the better. Even a magic ladder collider on it's own would do the trick.

Scale looks great, I'm impressed you still fit two in there! The window is more centered in it's dish this time, was that because you've had to move the IVA around? 

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

28 minutes ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Grey looks fine, door stands out better.  I liked the yellow stripe, but yellow didn't really fit with any other parts. What color is the redone LK fuel tank going to be? You could use that instead of yellow if you still want some color. 

I know you're done with the modeling stage, but I think even more handholds would be great.  Maybe a couple rails from the door to the pod base? LK is bound to have some weird colliders, and it's good to avoid obstructing the hatch with separate ladder parts, so the fewer we have to add in the VAB the better. Even a magic ladder collider on it's own would do the trick.

Scale looks great, I'm impressed you still fit two in there! The window is more centered in it's dish this time, was that because you've had to move the IVA around? 

Thanks for the feedback.

The LK fuel tank I think will continue the colour scheme used for the Soyuz / TKS heatshields, it's a neutral colour.

For the handrails, possibly. I will see how gameplay is.

Finally, good eye to notice the new window position! It's like that now for the sake of Kerbals, who sit down rather than stand up.

On 26. 4. 2016 at 0:27 AM, Beale said:

Yes! The kopapaka SSTOs return :D 

Can it do re-entry?

I have reduced the Proton ISP a little for next release, I hope that will not spoil your fun.

screenshot27.jpg?ver=0

Edited by kopapaka

On 5/8/2016 at 7:01 PM, Beale said:

Cart before the horse.

Space horses are really annoying.  All they ever talk about is partying.  I'd go with Space Bears.  Very few words, but they always know how to fix a space ship.

Edited by Deltac