[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

20 minutes ago, InsaneDruid said:

Advantage? Realism, applicability, beauty.

Ladder? should be two parts. A fixed one on the fuel tank, a folding one on the landing leg part, able to fold out.

It is beautiful sure, but Tantares is never about realism to a large degree - especially when Raidernick's and Bobcat's parts exist. The "Lego" approach is very serious.

Basic Legs (Without suspension elements)

55d50284da.jpg
19f83f3a48.jpg

Improved AO

9854af5c05.jpg

Edited by Beale

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not having to carry your launchpad to orbit with you is a plus IMO.

American Landers best! Dirty commies go home!

Not so much a big plus when Mun surface to orbit is only 640m/s.:wink: 

But, for a serious note. Two stage will not happen. I have to be stubborn and say no. I do not want to do it.
Anybody is very welcome to all source model, texture, configs and do as they wish, even make whatever kind of "fork" of the mod they wish :) 

Edited by Beale

20 hours ago, nomadluap said:

Has anyone made some ConnectedLivingSpace definitions for these craft? I'd love to use these parts but they don't work with CLS.

There is, it's in one of the spoilers in OP.

7 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Beale: So will you make it like the ladder in the picture?? Its hard to get it positioned right (for my two stage variant). 

2tjmwxF.jpg

Try to make it like the ladder in the picture.

Ladder is already made.

3818a9d0d5.jpg
3ac0e0d928.jpg

Hi all. Under the titel "Mir is calling" a series of pictures. Most of the parts was from Tantares and Contares. Other mods used are BDB, DMagic, Procedural Parts, Coatl and less parts from Squad :wink:

14 hours ago, hraban said:

Hi all. Under the titel "Mir is calling" a series of pictures. Most of the parts was from Tantares and Contares. Other mods used are BDB, DMagic, Procedural Parts, Coatl and less parts from Squad :wink:

Another Mir joins the party. Great work! :) 

20 hours ago, hraban said:

Probably the best I have seen, beautiful!

8 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I really dig the scale on the new LK.

When/if you do the IVA, would it be possible to get one with only one seat?

I think it will be entirely one seat after some in game playtime. Two is technically possible, but feels not-so-good in gameplay.

8 hours ago, woo_reentry_is_cool_dude said:

could i get help ? what part to use for lk lander with n-1 block-d fairing ? thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking really.

You build the LK like this: (New parts, but practically identical to old).

545e506630.jpg

2 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Is this part "Auva.RCS.B" in this mod or is it in another mod?

It was accidentally removed, sorry, I will update soon enough.

9 hours ago, kopapaka said:

screenshot41.jpg?ver=0

I have rarely seen the nuclear engine used for anything, let alone a lunar landing! Nice job! :) 

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Today met an UR-700A description, the main opponent for N-1.
Just look at its lower stage assemblies (1x3 + 3x2)

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/ur700a.html

ur700a_1.jpg

It's beautiful, the only problem is this part here:

1f4f22f846.jpg

LK Antenna

081cf83624.jpg

Am I the only one to have weird issues with docking/chutes (supposedly)?

I have a ship with two of these docked together before the launch. The staging is correct, and the ship works correctly when I go from the VAB to the launchpad. However, if I revert the launch to the launchpad, then the chutes deploy automatically (hands off the keyboard) when the game ends loading the ship. If I go back to the VAB and launch, it works again. If I revert again after launch, same issue is back. Also, sometimes, the staging of chutes is messed up after these reverts (but not all the time), although I don't know if this issue comes from the game or the mod.

The issue also appeared once after I loaded a ship orbiting the Mun, still with these two docking ports docked together (same ship, actually, just without lower stages). I had to EVA to disarm them, quicksaved, and the issue was fixed. Later, on this very ship, but after I undocked the two parts, I incurred rapid unplanned disassembly on both sub-ships. Weirdly, this was not instantaneous, I could actually pilot both quite a bit before things went south and all bananas (for both ships, on two distinct game sessions). Another time, one of these subships turned out being just the docking chute after a quickload. Nothing else. It was working correctly when I quicksaved. And one last time, the ship just disappeared after I loaded a Kerbal standing next to a lander, which I assume was the result of another RUD.

I did not actually do a lot of testing because the only ship I have been flying lately a lot of mod parts (I started a new save and don't have other ships yet). However, considering the unexpected deploys, the fact that the docking chute was the only remaining part in some cases, and that I did not incur any of these issues of preliminary versions of my ship with regular docking ports, the docking/chute makes a good suspect!

The first post still has a link to the Soyuz-TMA parts with black textures. Is it much work to update them, like only the configs? Kinda like those black parts. IIRC there were some issues with docking ports but that was only switching male and female in the configs.