[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

6 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I preferred the tan coloration on the cargo module, as well as replacing the angled part with the block/rib thing from the older ATV model.

Maybe, but it does not compliment the monopropellant tank.

a880f316be.jpg
327c7c1167.jpg

For the lower part, I am not sure. The new style is meant to replicate the style of the TKS radiator.

Just now, Beale said:

Maybe, but it does not compliment the monopropellant tank.

a880f316be.jpg
327c7c1167.jpg

For the lower part, I am not sure. The new style is meant to replicate the style of the TKS radiator.

I think the mono tank shouldn't have the tan. Possibly the top/sloped part of cargo module could also not have it. 

I personally did not care for the squiggly lines on the TKS radiators either. I think it would benefit from having a beefy looking ring around the midsection, which was fairly good in the old version. This poster had a drawing to show what I mean. Obviously as always it's your call but I'm going to fight for what I think looks best :wink: 

26 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Is the ATV Mono tank built in? if not then why not leave it the off-white color it was before? Just the "pressurized" part of ATV would be Tan maybe?

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think the mono tank shouldn't have the tan. Possibly the top/sloped part of cargo module could also not have it. 

I personally did not care for the squiggly lines on the TKS radiators either. I think it would benefit from having a beefy looking ring around the midsection, which was fairly good in the old version. This poster had a drawing to show what I mean. Obviously as always it's your call but I'm going to fight for what I think looks best :wink: 

Well, that is not so bad:

28867e6d03.jpg

I wonder how much the part is used if it clashes with monochrome stock parts though.

I will take a further look at the geometry when I have more free time :) 

13 minutes ago, Beale said:

I wonder how much the part is used if it clashes with monochrome stock parts though.

I will take a further look at the geometry when I have more free time :) 

It would clash no more than Tantares gray, I think. It's a muted color. 

Also is it just me or is the ATV in that picture longer? Is it the forum doing that.

Two shots to wrap up the first successful N1-based Mun landing of 1.1.2 for me. 

First, the beauty shot of the ships docked after the LK returned from the surface:
T7grh6G.png?1

And now the cinematic:
5CrmbdB.png?1

I've been having an issue and I hope someone here can shed some light on it. My Vostok's parachute keeps ripping itself off the capsule when it deploys (meaning, the part itself breaks off, not the chute). It's always worked properly in the past. Any ideas? I've been getting around it by engaging hyperedit's landing, but it's getting annoying.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Jso what did we wind up doing to fix the Trails chute ripping off? It might affect all of @Beale's chutes.

Yes, it's fixed. I ended up starting from scratch with an mk-16 and adjusting it for the capsule. I think the problem was the chute was opening way too quickly. The capsule was also coming in a bit fast for my taste so I took a small amount of weight off to lower the terminal velocity.

Hello

Beale, You doing great job with your mods.

But I have problem with old Spica.Crew A. I had it running in Kerbal pre 1.1 version and now it is absent. After updating game and all mods, I can not run my career. I know this part has been moved to other mods, and I have seen discuss about that, but I can’t repair it. Could You help me please?

thx

8 hours ago, hendrack said:

Just in case you were wondering why I like the black textures so much, I present to you my reusable Mun lander, Kerbals In Black edition: 

:D

Whoa, where did you get those high res ground textures? BTW, I really love your lander!

22 hours ago, Jastrzab said:

But I have problem with old Spica.Crew A. I had it running in Kerbal pre 1.1 version and now it is absent. After updating game and all mods, I can not run my career. I know this part has been moved to other mods, and I have seen discuss about that, but I can’t repair it. Could You help me please?

If you go on to spacedock, and download one of the older versions of the mod, you can grab the Spica / Gemini (don't know which it's called) from the older version and drop it into the same place in the new install.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

If you go on to spacedock, and download one of the older versions of the mod, you can grab the Spica / Gemini (don't know which it's called) from the older version and drop it into the same place in the new install.

I tried different files form old mod versions and still nothing – the game doesn’t see it. Maybe You can suggest correct version.

37 minutes ago, Jastrzab said:

I tried different files form old mod versions and still nothing – the game doesn’t see it. Maybe You can suggest correct version.

If you go to the changelog on Spacedock, go to the bottom version (33.0) and download it, that version still has the Spica. Make sure you recreate the folder structure in your current/updated Tantares folder, so that the file paths are preserved.

I see in the roadmap that following the Ariane 5 revamp, you're planning on updating the N1. I don't know what your plans are for when you get there, but I do have a few suggestions. For the orbital module on the Soyuz 7K-LOK, I think the active side of the "Kontakt" docking mechanism would make an amazing addition. As well as a the passive end for the LK. The main body of the N1, in the real world, featured grid fins on the side of the engine mount on Blok A. I would suggest removing the engine cluster for Blok B and replace it with an engine mount on which you place 8 engines (similar in shape to the K2-25) covered by an interstage fairing (if interested, see video below for better description).One final suggestion I have is to possibly include a few custom procedural fairings for the N1. Namely, the one covering the whole Moon Complex and the one under that the stretches between the bottom of Blok D and the top of LK. 

If you're interested in any of the ideas, I got all of them from this video here. Also, I didn't do a very good job describing my Blok B engine cluster idea.

22 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

I see in the roadmap that following the Ariane 5 revamp, you're planning on updating the N1. I don't know what your plans are for when you get there, but I do have a few suggestions. For the orbital module on the Soyuz 7K-LOK, I think the active side of the "Kontakt" docking mechanism would make an amazing addition. As well as a the passive end for the LK. The main body of the N1, in the real world, featured grid fins on the side of the engine mount on Blok A. I would suggest removing the engine cluster for Blok B and replace it with an engine mount on which you place 8 engines (similar in shape to the K2-25) covered by an interstage fairing (if interested, see video below for better description).One final suggestion I have is to possibly include a few custom procedural fairings for the N1. Namely, the one covering the whole Moon Complex and the one under that the stretches between the bottom of Blok D and the top of LK. 

If you're interested in any of the ideas, I got all of them from this video here. Also, I didn't do a very good job describing my Blok B engine cluster idea.

"Only decadent Western pig space programs have elevators! We'll keep our kosmonauts strong by making them run to the top of the N1 using STAIRS!"

1 hour ago, captainradish said:

"Only decadent Western pig space programs have elevators! We'll keep our kosmonauts strong by making them run to the top of the N1 using STAIRS!"

That was my exact thought when I watched that :sticktongue:

On 6/7/2016 at 8:57 PM, CobaltWolf said:

It would clash no more than Tantares gray, I think. It's a muted color. 

Also is it just me or is the ATV in that picture longer? Is it the forum doing that.

ATV is the same size :)

For the colours, with the Mono and Engine, the plain white ATV does not look so bad, IMO.

777f3c9998.jpg
2ab4767c46.jpg
c7fb47cde6.jpg

On 6/8/2016 at 4:00 AM, Jack Wolfe said:

Two shots to wrap up the first successful N1-based Mun landing of 1.1.2 for me. 

First, the beauty shot of the ships docked after the LK returned from the surface:
T7grh6G.png?1

And now the cinematic:
5CrmbdB.png?1

Amazing :) 

Any problems?

On 6/9/2016 at 0:08 PM, hendrack said:

Just in case you were wondering why I like the black textures so much, I present to you my reusable Mun lander, Kerbals In Black edition: 

:D

Very neat design! Where is the fuel tank of?

On 6/11/2016 at 4:57 AM, Jack Wolfe said:

Taking an experimental Soyuz design out for a spin.

4dgzxFe.png
3biZxOX.png
35Dlh5F.png

Very clean, very nice :) 

It is good to see a Soyuz mission go on without a flipping problem.

On 9.06.2016 at 11:46 PM, CobaltWolf said:

If you go to the changelog on Spacedock, go to the bottom version (33.0) and download it, that version still has the Spica. Make sure you recreate the folder structure in your current/updated Tantares folder, so that the file paths are preserved.

I done everything like that and still nothing.

Vessel was not loaded because it had the following part missing Spica.Crew.A

:(

BTW, this is steam Kerbal v1.1.2.1260 (X64)