[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I just want to make more work for Beale.

1 hour ago, hraban said:

Have you forgotten? Beale works with the speed of light!

It seems 1.2 has arrived, so time for more distractions :)

The full lunar assembly is some time away, the N1 is a huge task (I think the only part in Tantares LV to never receive any revamp.).

3 hours ago, minepagan said:

Hey guys, I found a good thread for 1.2!

BTW this was an old April fools joke NOT actually info on the real 1.2

Um, you realize that is from April 1, 2015, right? April 1st....  I mean coding in Java... DRM... Or maybe you did realize it and were having a laugh yourself?  Either way I hope we return to our regularly scheduled thread of Tantares or "How I got to the Mun in 4 Easy Steps."

Step 1: Build rocket

Step 2: Launch rocket

Step 3: Burn for Mun when Mun about 10° above horizon.

Step 4: Build rescue rocket.

Repeat as necessary.

Edited by Voidryder

2 hours ago, Voidryder said:

Um, you realize that is from April 1, 2015, right? April 1st....  I mean coding in Java... DRM... Or maybe you did realize it and were having a laugh yourself?  Either way I hope we return to our regularly scheduled thread of Tantares or "How I got to the Mun in 4 Easy Steps."

Step 1: Build rocket

Step 2: Launch rocket

Step 3: Burn for Mun when Mun about 10° above horizon.

Step 4: Build rescue rocket.

Repeat as necessary.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, minepagan said:

giphy.gif

The gif, the only good part to come of that tedious episode.

I have yet to play with 1.2 new Antenna system, but  from reading, how do people feel about removing remote tech support entirely? 
If that sounds drastic, think this way, deadly re-entry support was removed on introduction of stock heating, many months later I don't think I have seen more than one or two posts missing its absence. :) 

1 hour ago, Beale said:

The gif, the only good part to come of that tedious episode.

I have yet to play with 1.2 new Antenna system, but  from reading, how do people feel about removing remote tech support entirely? 
If that sounds drastic, think this way, deadly re-entry support was removed on introduction of stock heating, many months later I don't think I have seen more than one or two posts missing its absence. :) 

I'm sure "unofficial" remotetech support will still be available from other modders *coughlikemecough*

Sorry if it was discussed before, but is the N1 unstable for anyone else or just me? (Running 1.1.3) First stage tumbles and drifts a little but after staging to block B it just goes nose down and tips over. Block B is so unstable that even launching it alone produces the same results. Using mechjeb gives me just little more stability but it ends tumbling anyway. It used to be perfectly stable on 1.1. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Sorry if it was discussed before, but is the N1 unstable for anyone else or just me? (Running 1.1.3) First stage tumbles and drifts a little but after staging to block B it just goes nose down and tips over. Block B is so unstable that even launching it alone produces the same results. Using mechjeb gives me just little more stability but it ends tumbling anyway. It used to be perfectly stable on 1.1. I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

Been discussed.

Clip some fins into the tanks.

17 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Thanks!!

Strange... I have no problems with N1.

Can you try delete partDatabase.cfg?

SC964hH.png
ohDiha9.png

ZcKoq2p.png
lnjuNJb.png

Edited by Beale