[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

2 hours ago, Beale said:

If I understand correctly,nope, instead like this:
XQ0TNwu.png
f9jA8ge.png

I dunno if you want to be 100% historically accurate, but there would be a circular disk that almost completely covered the engine bell. like this:

Image result for n1 rocket but the engine bells would become visible as a fairing between the hull covering the tanks and that disk separated (like what you have now, but with the disk over the engines on Bloks B and V)

19 minutes ago, Joeybafoey said:

I dunno if you want to be 100% historically accurate, but there would be a circular disk that almost completely covered the engine bell. like this:

but the engine bells would become visible as a fairing between the hull covering the tanks and that disk separated (like what you have now, but with the disk over the engines on Bloks B and V)

I don't think you would ever see it during normal gameplay.

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, Joeybafoey said:

Wouldn't you see that when you stage it though? Look here (it's at a specific time)

Nice video! 

And it looks like I am wrong, indeed the disc stays behind. 

I still don't think I'll include it for the sake of simplicity, but we will see :) 

17 minutes ago, Beale said:

Laziness == Efficiency!

MtuHE1q.png
d4Iqtlr.png
G3XyFhl.png

So I guess we're getting the grey/white one?

Edit: will the tank would be a sphere shaped ontop with a node on top and when you attach decoupler there would be a half transparent shroud that would represent the grid decoupler or we would get a decoupler with the sphere underneath and the grids , it sounds complicated but I just want to know how it would work:P

Edited by NeoFatalis

9 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

So I guess we're getting the grey/white one?

Edit: will the tank would be a sphere shaped ontop with a node on top and when you attach decoupler there would be a half transparent shroud that would represent the grid decoupler or we would get a decoupler with the sphere underneath and the grids , it sounds complicated but I just want to know how it would work:P

It is the most interesting design, I tink.

For the second part, I am not sure what you mean.

43 minutes ago, Beale said:

As you can see here, the top of the fuel tanks is sphere shaped (also the 3rd stage although it's not visible here) and I wondered how are you gonna make it work (just like the last time where all the grid structure was part of the fuel tank and the decoupler is flat or maybe this time make the fuel tank with/without the sphere and everything else would be a toggable shroud) ,it still sounds complicated:(wpa337020a_1a.png

49 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think the second part mean:

Block V has a spheric upper part and on Block A and Block B you can see the upper half sphere thrue the grid-decoupler.

For Block A/B you can make the upper half sphere in the special decoupler.

10 hours ago, Beale said:

Nice video! 

And it looks like I am wrong, indeed the disc stays behind. 

I still don't think I'll include it for the sake of simplicity, but we will see :) 

Okie dokie!

Edited by Joeybafoey

21 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

As you can see here, the top of the fuel tanks is sphere shaped (also the 3rd stage although it's not visible here) and I wondered how are you gonna make it work (just like the last time where all the grid structure was part of the fuel tank and the decoupler is flat or maybe this time make the fuel tank with/without the sphere and everything else would be a toggable shroud) ,it still sounds complicated:(wpa337020a_1a.png

21 hours ago, hraban said:

I think the second part mean:

Block V has a spheric upper part and on Block A and Block B you can see the upper half sphere thrue the grid-decoupler.

For Block A/B you can make the upper half sphere in the special decoupler.

Okay I understand now, yes, it will be part of the Block A & B fuel tanks (But, for simplicity, not Block V).

Two Questions about upcoming releases of the new "fresh" mod ;

1 - Is the first release going to just be Soyuz/LK or were you going to wait until there is more to toss in (N1, etc) before pushing a release out?
2 - Is it safe to assume that the download link to the "old" regular tantares is going to stay live in Curse?

Not pestering or anything, just trying to plan the release cycle of my dependent mods.

20 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Two Questions about upcoming releases of the new "fresh" mod ;

1 - Is the first release going to just be Soyuz/LK or were you going to wait until there is more to toss in (N1, etc) before pushing a release out?
2 - Is it safe to assume that the download link to the "old" regular tantares is going to stay live in Curse?

Not pestering or anything, just trying to plan the release cycle of my dependent mods.

Hello!

1. I think I will wait until Salyut is finished, it may be a while.
2. For quite a long time, yes.

So sad. Surely will donate something. BTW IIRC some time ago it happened to another modder, and the community was very kind and helpful. Hope that will happen to Triston (I remember him for his work on the CSS and some other bits)

Edited by trooperMNG

On 13/10/2016 at 1:53 AM, tjsnh said:

2zsr3vt.jpg

Sputnik 1 , Tantares.
Su-15 Flagon , Stock
Luna-24 sample return mission , Tantares + MBI

Wow! I love the Sputnik especially! :) 

On 13/10/2016 at 2:02 PM, trooperMNG said:

So sad. Surely will donate something. BTW IIRC some time ago it happened to another modder, and the community was very kind and helpful. Hope that will happen to Triston (I remember him for his work on the CSS and some other bits)

I'm a little confused! :confused:

Progress is so slow!

Bl1gJqq.png
Sic4UuI.png
UnOTHqe.png
xIMV2nK.png
fwDkRJQ.png
0gjfHYT.png