[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:41 AM, NotAgain said:

I've tried loading Tantares in a clean install, and (bar all the missing craft due to the other mods not being present) it works fine. I shall now embark upon my quest to discover which of my mods is conflicting with Tantares.

I've re-installed tantares now, and with everything up to date, it works beautifully in 1.2. I think that this mod can be declared usable in 1.2. I'll leave it to @Beale to decide, though.

yeah, it works fine- admittedly, I ended up writing MM patches so that the Tantares parts use the new categories and fiddling with the antennas so they aren't identical in range (and changed some of 'em into relays, too, like that quad-dish setup) but in terms of function they're pretty much all working.

2 minutes ago, Mechtech said:

yeah, it works fine- admittedly, I ended up writing MM patches so that the Tantares parts use the new categories and fiddling with the antennas so they aren't identical in range (and changed some of 'em into relays, too, like that quad-dish setup) but in terms of function they're pretty much all working.

If you're willing to share that, I will release it as an interim release :) 

sure. gimme an hour or three to finish clean 'em up and making sure everything's working right and I'll throw a .zip up somewhere. I end up writing a lot of MM patches to fiddle with mods I like (adding survey functions to certain command pods, or adding fuel-switching to things, or cloning off some of US's parts to make a Monoprop refinery... fun stuff.)

I have entirely too much fun sticking things on top of N-1 clones and being MUCH SOVIET, VERY SOYUZ, WOW in general.

I mean, really:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

20EE6BDC25EB1072F76E2925B7D9E73DCB81BF56B01800B1D1450446C846D441BF197A9FF1EA0599AA03D4CB2ADF581BC0AA4BA4DFC6FDABC711EFDB43F8F0E72B352D07E89DBD5740851AA3059B91F2

I get a TON of mileage out of this mod :D

2 hours ago, Mechtech said:

right, everything's pretty much working AFAIK. nnnnot super sure how balanced the statline I gave the antennas is, but whatever.

Zip at Dropbox

Thanks a lot! I will release this soon :) 

Some little Blok-G

It will be a little less boring than this! But, some nice small set of 1.875m tanks to play with.

870a3O3.png
qkoIVQ6.png
BlWKERm.png
OXzFfwU.png

Edited by Beale

11 hours ago, Legcutter said:

I think I'm gonna need some hivemind help with this.

Look at the photo - is it really a Soyuz\Progress ship docked to the Kristall module via APAS-89 port? 0_o

regnum_picture_1455914014207881_normal.j

It is in fact a soyuz spacecraft equipped with an APAS docking port instead of the normal probe port; it was launched to test the APAS port on Kristall in anticipation of future Buran flights.

4 hours ago, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

It is in fact a soyuz spacecraft equipped with an APAS docking port instead of the normal probe port; it was launched to test the APAS port on Kristall in anticipation of future Buran flights.

Wow... didn't know about that one, thanks.
Time to build one more replica)

actually that reminds me: the various docking ports can be a little... unclear on which ports they actually work with. while their current descriptions do make me laugh, including more technical information on port compatibility would be appreciated for those of us who have a bunch of mods that add docking ports, for ease-of-use reasons. it's really quite annoying to get into orbit, rendezvous, try to dock, and bounce off because you put the wrong kind of port on one or the other thing.

and that's just at Kerbin, doing that with a Duna constellation (or, Kerm forbid, a Jool constellation) is firmly into 'ragequit' territory.

4 hours ago, Mechtech said:

actually that reminds me: the various docking ports can be a little... unclear on which ports they actually work with. while their current descriptions do make me laugh, including more technical information on port compatibility would be appreciated for those of us who have a bunch of mods that add docking ports

Speaking about port compatability - inside Tantares mod it's easy: three different sizes of APAS, two sizes of "thin-side" ports and one "thick-side" port. And one slim docking shute wich i've never used so far, but that one can't be confused with any other, I hope. And 'bout  port compatability between different mods - I don't think it's even possible.

A-a-and... since we're talking about ports - need to say I really miss that one ;.;
(or just unable to build it with mod parts, unlike LK port)
184-1_thumb.jpg

Edited by Legcutter

8 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Any chance of getting Landertron configs? I think an older Tantares version had compatibility with Landertron, but I'm not sure. I'd love to have that as an added element in Soyuz flights.

HGR had it, and I asked @Beale about it before, but he said no at the time. I think it'd be interesting, though KSP's velocities are a bit too slow for it to matter.

To ask my own question, I can't seem to find the latest version of Tantares? I know the update included some revamping to Soyuz parts that I just don't have. I downloaded version 37 off of Curse.

For another question, shouldn't the Antares be 2.5m, to be able to hold the Cygnus properly?

Additionally, have you ever considered making a an H-2 and/or the HTV? I would love to see one for my ISS save.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Contares has a H-2 + HTV.

Сontares has tons of stuff, but all these low-poly models and "9 out of 10 damned jackals" textures are sometimes looking worse than stock, especially when mixed up with smth like Tantares parts.

The only reason to have it is its antennas and periscopes, wich should probably be added to Tantares sometime later cuz all these fancy "decoration" parts add +100500 awesomness to any craft.

Edited by Legcutter

9 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

To ask my own question, I can't seem to find the latest version of Tantares? I know the update included some revamping to Soyuz parts that I just don't have. I downloaded version 37 off of Curse.

For another question, shouldn't the Antares be 2.5m, to be able to hold the Cygnus properly?

Additionally, have you ever considered making a an H-2 and/or the HTV? I would love to see one for my ISS save.

Soyuz is not yet finished, currently I am finishing the N1 alongside it (To release at once the full Lunar stack).

Antares will be resized to 2.5m, but it is in a long list of things to do :D 

No more japanese things! Sorry!

@Joeybafoey

The fairing base is for the N1, it is not stock :) 

t2djRHq.png
eFQzyiY.png

Tantares 37.1 on Curse

- 1.2 Compatibility

Requires Module Manager

Interim fix.Many many thanks to @Mechtech for creating these patches.

HzsLVQc.png
oX5TNZq.png

Edited by Beale

25 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

looks great but will it have the stock texture or the grey texture like the soyuz fairings?

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale you gotta make a custom fairing texture :wink:

Oh lordie, have no worrying there :) 
The stock fairing texture is known to cause eye bleeding.

23 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Speaking about port compatability - inside Tantares mod it's easy: three different sizes of APAS, two sizes of "thin-side" ports and one "thick-side" port. And one slim docking shute wich i've never used so far, but that one can't be confused with any other, I hope. And 'bout  port compatability between different mods - I don't think it's even possible.

well yeah, the basic heterogeneous ports are pretty straightforward, but the supposedly universal ports are apparently actually only compatible with each-other (and not stock ports or other Tantares ports) despite that they're supposedly homogeneous, and the docking chute doesn't appear to be compatible with anything. and there are plenty of mods with compatible ports- I use several of them. 

honestly I'll admit that I don't really use any of the Tantares docking ports given that for me they offer no real advantages over the stock ones (at least, the functional ones, anyway, still miffed about the docking chute)  or the Konstruction weldable ports, but hells I might switch over at some point for aesthetic reasons. port incompatibility is one of the big killers... especially since unlike Real Life, we can't use jury-rigged docking tubes or 'soft docks' to get around that.

Edited by Mechtech