[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hi,

Amazing mod, my KSP is a really interesting collaboration between Krussians and Kamericans now lol!  

Question:  Do any of your station parts count as copulas?  I thought it wise to ask vs trying all of you parts manually.

Thanks!

David

2 hours ago, debaker02 said:

Question:  Do any of your station parts count as copulas?  I thought it wise to ask vs trying all of you parts manually.

Is this question driven by Life Support Mods at all? There are no Cupolas in Tantares at present but that isn't to say you couldn't right yourself a little MM patch that implements the Cupola's Habitation Modifier (I'm guessing its that sort of thing your after?).

3 hours ago, debaker02 said:

Hi,

Amazing mod, my KSP is a really interesting collaboration between Krussians and Kamericans now lol!  

Thanks!

David

1 hour ago, steedcrugeon said:

Is this question driven by Life Support Mods at all? There are no Cupolas in Tantares at present but that isn't to say you couldn't right yourself a little MM patch that implements the Cupola's Habitation Modifier (I'm guessing its that sort of thing your after?).

@debaker02 Sadly not right now, but I have plans for some soon (Just a fun 'end-piece' to the MIR-2 truss parts).
Glad you enjoy the mod.

@steedcrugeon Might also be the stock contracts system 'Add a cupola to the station'. In that case, I am not sure what triggers a part being recognized as a Cupola - Maybe the name, maybe I will have to check the stock part :) 

48 minutes ago, Beale said:

@debaker02 Sadly not right now, but I have plans for some soon (Just a fun 'end-piece' to the MIR-2 truss parts).
Glad you enjoy the mod.

@steedcrugeon Might also be the stock contracts system 'Add a cupola to the station'. In that case, I am not sure what triggers a part being recognized as a Cupola - Maybe the name, maybe I will have to check the stock part :) 

Hi, it was the stock contract thing.  I will probably just cheat complete the contract, I just do not like the look of the stock one with the door.  No worries, thanks for the info.

Thanks!

-D

22 hours ago, Beale said:

Nauka is very interesting IRL. If it does fly, I will give it some love in Tantares. 

Since you seem to like Nauka, I thought I might as well put this out there:

Also includes the planned Nodal Module and some power modules based on one of the preliminary designs.

I think I would also enjoy dedicated Nauka parts :D

On 2017-6-26 at 8:23 PM, Dark_Dragon26 said:

Since you seem to like Nauka, I thought I might as well put this out there:

Also includes the planned Nodal Module and some power modules based on one of the preliminary designs.

I think I would also enjoy dedicated Nauka parts :D

Man, so cool!

Surprising to see the little Cygnus sneaking in, so cute.
What would you like to see in future?

Hot single space stations in your area, looking to meet you!

2d9IGff.png
hTYKbUA.png

Yes, these are the NEP truss parts (Correct name?).
They are intended for Mir-2, but also some other uses planned:

• Cupola Truss
  • Crew Truss (Like Before)
  • Half-length and Hollow Truss

18 hours ago, Beale said:

Man, so cool!

Surprising to see the little Cygnus sneaking in, so cute.
What would you like to see in future?

Thanks!

Thought you might like the Cygnus comeback.... told you I still found some use for them (especially the Phoenix for my Cygnus 5 replica..... I should probably post a picture of that one too somewhen) :wink:

What would I like to see? Hmm.... probably a dedicated Nauka airlock... I found the small Cygnus to have the most fitting proportions for that task but a real part would be cool, as would the radiator. TKS style thrusters would be sweet too (although they would deviate from the previous Tantares thruster style). Maybe also some more radiator / monoprop tanks for radial attachement? Something along those lines I guess... as for bigger modules I'm not too sure right now.

Nice truss parts by the way. Reminds me I still have yet to redo my Mir station since updating to Tantares 5.0. Once I'm not concentrating on that whole airline assessment thing I might acutally come around to do that.

3 hours ago, Dark_Dragon26 said:

What would I like to see? Hmm.... probably a dedicated Nauka airlock... I found the small Cygnus to have the most fitting proportions for that task but a real part would be cool, as would the radiator. TKS style thrusters would be sweet too (although they would deviate from the previous Tantares thruster style). Maybe also some more radiator / monoprop tanks for radial attachement? Something along those lines I guess... as for bigger modules I'm not too sure right now.

Nice truss parts by the way. Reminds me I still have yet to redo my Mir station since updating to Tantares 5.0. Once I'm not concentrating on that whole airline assessment thing I might acutally come around to do that.

Many thanks :) 

3 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

@Fly Angry dare I ask...

It's been over a month now, and I'm sure all of us are drooling over your alternate textures...

You know what I'm hinting at. :wink:

Life happens and he may be busy :) 
Just hope you don't end the day with my recolours... 

0tM9aZt.png

Doctors hate him!

xX8uB0y.png
8tl4rVD.png

7 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Perfect way to fold the arm up.
Really - great work. Stops it from protruding too far out sideways, requiring crazy-wide fairings.

Many thanks :) 
It is kind of a tricky compromise, but works generally, even on flat surfaces. 

Even more ideas, If I can layer animations on the same part:

mZVpwrn.png

13 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

Early Soyuz with active and passive docking devices - I guess now we can make something like that.
A cargo train of thanks to you, mr. Beale) 

000013.jpg

67-2.jpg

53869753_stuykovka.jpg

Ah, but save the thanks until we are 100% complete on the parts needed :D 

rp1o3Er.png

Edited by Beale

8 hours ago, Beale said:

Even more ideas, If I can layer animations on the same part:

mZVpwrn.png

Have you considered exploiting the 'allowDeployLimit' in ModuleGenericAnimate, like that used in the Mk3 cargo bay ramp animation? And have it so the full animation for horizontal but restrict it by default, something like this perhaps:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = Eridani_Antenna_1_Deploy
		startEventGUIName = Extend
		endEventGUIName = Retract
		actionGUIName = Toggle Antenna
		allowDeployLimit = true
		deployPercent = 80		
	}

Or something like that? and then just have a little greebly animation for the 'ModuleDeployableAntenna' (like maybe a loop animations that spins the Rx part [yellow] inside the antenna dish (still have the original pivot as the pivot point for breakage purposes)?

12 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

Have you considered exploiting the 'allowDeployLimit' in ModuleGenericAnimate, like that used in the Mk3 cargo bay ramp animation? And have it so the full animation for horizontal but restrict it by default, something like this perhaps:

Or something like that? and then just have a little greebly animation for the 'ModuleDeployableAntenna' (like maybe a loop animations that spins the Rx part [yellow] inside the antenna dish (still have the original pivot as the pivot point for breakage purposes)?

6 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Oh. My. Is it really what I'm thinking? The IGLA antenna for the TKS? Backwards-folding?

Yes, this is a little of both I guess?

It allows the antenna to be deployed either on the Soyuz or TKS (Where in each case it would need to unfold with the antenna facing the different direction).

PC1a4hU.png BLT1Hbl.png lkyh8Rg.png
ZXMZDNj.png

Works great!

It is animated with moduleAnimateGeneric on top of the usual antenna module, the moduleAntennaGeneric uses the second animation layer to avoid interfering with the antenna animation.

There's a problem!

PRSpEpH.png

After performing the "rotate dish" four or five times, the screen goes black!
If anybody can help me fix this... I would be incredibly grateful and will do something nice for you.
It would be an awesome feature to have and avoids yet more "slight variation" parts.

@Shadowmage Sorry to drag you here, did you have some experience with layered animations or am I losing my memory?

You can grab this experimental part here.

@Beale  I do use layered animations with my parts (multiple animations, each on their own layers) -- however, I use custom animation modules rather than the stock ones, so I'm not sure how/if those function with layered setups.

From my experiences though, as long as the module supports them, multiple animations on a part should work just fine.  It sounds like you have it all setup properly, and I'm not really seeing anything troublesome in the part config.

Have you tried different layers for the secondary animation?  I'm not sure what ModuleDeployableAntenna uses for its default layer -- it may conflict with what you are manually assigning to the secondary animation.  Try something like 10 or 12 (I think 0-15 are valid values).

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

@Beale  I do use layered animations with my parts (multiple animations, each on their own layers) -- however, I use custom animation modules rather than the stock ones, so I'm not sure how/if those function with layered setups.

From my experiences though, as long as the module supports them, multiple animations on a part should work just fine.  It sounds like you have it all setup properly, and I'm not really seeing anything troublesome in the part config.

Have you tried different layers for the secondary animation?  I'm not sure what ModuleDeployableAntenna uses for its default layer -- it may conflict with what you are manually assigning to the secondary animation.  Try something like 10 or 12 (I think 0-15 are valid values).

Many thanks for your input, much appreciated :) 

Nice idea on the default layers, ah unfortunately it breaks the same as I tried a few values.
I did narrow down the issue though, it happens when you play the moduleGenericAnimation at the same time as the antenna animation, I wonder if you can disable one while the other plays...

I might have to look at your custom modules!
It could also be that both animations use the generic animation module, but the the antenna would be always on and would not be subject to aero forces.

To be honest, this can probably wait for mesh switching.

KGRhsCM.png It's working?
MMW18yx.png It's working!
mhPJXiM.png It's working!
7oRLK2Q.png Oh...

Edited by Beale

Just a little Suggestion: You should add Retractable Союз (Soyuz) Launch Clamps ( with the same light gray color to match). I've been looking All Around And i can't find a mod that has Decent clamps.

On 2017-06-30 at 0:10 AM, Legcutter said:

Early Soyuz with active and passive docking devices - I guess now we can make something like that.
A cargo train of thanks to you, mr. Beale) 

000013.jpg

TdElq5m.png

With a little help from Contares...

Spoiler

yQ8MqO9.png

BsV08jT.png

Edited by SBKerman

7 hours ago, Ryan1854 said:

Just a little Suggestion: You should add Retractable Союз (Soyuz) Launch Clamps ( with the same light gray color to match). I've been looking All Around And i can't find a mod that has Decent clamps.

You should try FASA launch clamps. They are a separate download with their own thread. If you check the last page you'll see that @Galileo has posted an updated version for 1.2.2. They work fine in 1.3 too.

14 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Terrible footage of the Soyuz 666 flight, Baikonour is telling us lies....

Moscow, Moscow! Unidentified anomoly approaching fast.

AepClF9.png

13 hours ago, Ryan1854 said:

5 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

You should try FASA launch clamps. They are a separate download with their own thread. If you check the last page you'll see that @Galileo has posted an updated version for 1.2.2. They work fine in 1.3 too.

I agree the FASA clamps are probably the best way to try. 
I would like to do the clamps... But, I am not so sure how, to be honest.

6 hours ago, SBKerman said:

TdElq5m.png

With a little help from Contares...

Hide contents

yQ8MqO9.png

Very nice! @hraban Would enjoy to see too!