Jump to content

[1.11.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [4.0][17.3.2021][Lunokhod]


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, tjsnh said:


The off-white-plus-black is amazing!
Please include these in a future release, I'm still using the "old" black skin'ed parts which sometimes dont really look right with the new stuff.

Im planning to make it the default really :) There can be some textures switching also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Beale said:

The following is a broadcast contrast test, please adjust your television...


6UdT5K0.png

 

It is nice :) Though I prefer this one kJWsSZM.png

 

Will you let us the option to switch between them in game ? ( If that ain't the case, may we have a standalone link for this soyuz ? c: ) ( Pretty please ? C: )

 

Edited by spacecookie
Link to post
Share on other sites

after a long hiatus from my K.I.S.S.,  more pics!

Fzq3oLm.png1cHuKX1.png

Sort of inspired by the SPP, but I also wanted more pressurized area as well as a docking node for more docking modules.  Besides, real power comes from the GOOtm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2017 at 10:56 PM, spacecookie said:

It is nice :) Though I prefer this one kJWsSZM.png

 

Will yo

u let us the option to switch between them in game ? ( If that ain't the case, may we have a standalone link for this soyuz ? c: ) ( Pretty please ? C: )

 

On 26/07/2017 at 4:49 PM, tjsnh said:


The off-white-plus-black is amazing!
Please include these in a future release, I'm still using the "old" black skin'ed parts which sometimes dont really look right with the new stuff.

On 26/07/2017 at 1:10 AM, Drakenex said:

Pls pls pls!

Are you going to implement some kind of texture switching?

See below :D

18 hours ago, Deltac said:
Thanks to Beale for providing the Russian parts necessary for rushing things!

Oh man! I have loved to watch this station grow, a great combination of mods and I am very grateful to see it! :)
Very nice.

 

GitHub Pre-Release

Alternate textures for the Black Soyuz are in the root GameData folder. I will implement texture switching when it is soon stock, right now none of the plugins to do it really work for me.

- Everything (I think) that needs to be normal-mapped is normal-mapped.

MxIXHTk.png The black is optional, but yes, the big part is red now!
EczN6nf.png
sLk9CdJ.png
AP8fKmZ.png

 

Edited by Beale
Link to post
Share on other sites

To get this result I play with Scatterer and EVE (the default clouds config), however I disable any configuration for jool as I like her with a clean shape. As for the brown jool I use GregroxMun's JupiteryJoolRecolor working with kopernicus and simply replace the mod's original texture by another one you may find on this thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/144038-gregroxmuns-miscellaneous-development-thread/

Once more credits belong to GregroxMun and his textures for gas planets are brilliant, you should definitely give them a try :)

 

Edited by spacecookie
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:23 AM, Third_OfFive said:

Hey @Beale , if you feel like making some IVA textures I can make you IVAs for those space station parts :wink:

Do you not yet realise? @Beale sustains himself on the tears of players who request IVA things! Sure everyone knows he can make an IVA with those delectable parts he's already done but that's exactly what they are appetisers! And now you too have fallen victim to him...

 

But seriously, if you knew the amount of work he's put in of his own time for making the fantastic parts he has already and what's in the pipeline you might appreciate why IVA's play second fiddle here. Just look at all the pretty things you can build already!

@spacecookie that station looks super busy with two shuttles, I love it!

Edited by steedcrugeon
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

But seriously, if you knew the amount of work he's put in of his own time for making the fantastic parts he has already and what's in the pipeline you might appreciate why IVA's play second fiddle here. Just look at all the pretty things you can build already!

I know, that's why I'm willing to do all of the modelling and UV mapping for him I just want him to make some textures that I can use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

I know, that's why I'm willing to do all of the modelling and UV mapping for him I just want him to make some textures that I can use.

Take a look here, you could use the VA's IVA stuff (Texture_Alnair_General_1_Interior.psd) and the Tantares props as a start point, they are already available and you could build your IVA model based on that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

Take a look here, you could use the VA's IVA stuff (Texture_Alnair_General_1_Interior.psd) and the Tantares props as a start point, they are already available and you could build your IVA model based on that?

Yeah I kinda tried that but it's not really enough. The IVAs would look so much better if Beale made just some generic space station interior textures that I could tinker around with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Third_OfFive said:

Yeah I kinda tried that but it's not really enough. The IVAs would look so much better if Beale made just some generic space station interior textures that I could tinker around with.

I see what your saying but generic station textures take time, I've already mocked one up for my own play purposes back in 1.2 and, knowing what I know now about texturing, I consider it hideous. Beale is somewhat of a perfectionist and so the creation of a Generic Station Texture would not be quick. your actually asking him to do the hardest part of the task, modelling the parts is easy, unwrapping is tedious but texturing (especially interiors because AO doesn't play nice inside) to a decent level on finish is hard.

Have you noticed how we have lovely Pod IVA's but there is not one station part IVA?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Third_OfFive said:

I know, that's why I'm willing to do all of the modelling and UV mapping for him I just want him to make some textures that I can use.

7 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

I see what your saying but generic station textures take time, I've already mocked one up for my own play purposes back in 1.2 and, knowing what I know now about texturing, I consider it hideous. Beale is somewhat of a perfectionist and so the creation of a Generic Station Texture would not be quick. your actually asking him to do the hardest part of the task, modelling the parts is easy, unwrapping is tedious but texturing (especially interiors because AO doesn't play nice inside) to a decent level on finish is hard.

Have you noticed how we have lovely Pod IVA's but there is not one station part IVA?

@Third_OfFive It is much appreciated, but yeah the truth is texturing and Unity are maybe 80% - 90% of the IVA time (The Unity part is really intensive for anything with detail). If you can get exported MU and Config I would be happy to include them.
Regarding IVA texture, have you seen this?

6e302xw.png

 

18 hours ago, spacecookie said:
I wanted to share this to you fellow tantares players :)

Jesus! Wow that is something! :D The KSO craft look very nice alongside.

 

 

Brush up on some other parts... Well these are not Tantares, but what are they?

08K8ed8.png

6WC1vY1.png

Edited by Beale
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see this british rocket back ( am I right ? ) :D

Indeed the KSO goes very well with your parts, these shuttles are now underrated unfortunately, most people prefer to play with the stock one, which I respect, but the mk3 doesn't have the charm of the KSO shuttles that are more... kerbalish in my mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...