[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Tantares 22.2

Quick hotfix to resolve issues with ladders and airlocks on Salyut / Almaz parts, thanks @CaptKordite
LOK textures have also received a quick pass on the normal maps.

You can get Tantares on both GitHub, Spacedock, and CKAN.

MvIrgL3.png cVnNfkx.png

! WARNING !

• Previous craft built using Mir parts should still load, but parts have been deprecated and will have a black texture. I recommend retiring these craft, as deprecated parts will be removed in the version after (23.0).
  • Folder structure has changed, please do a clean install of the mod.

HwuBByW.jpg

27 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

Does Energia have the LH2 fuel that was suggested in the newest update?

LH2 isn't in stock and Beale doesn't like relying on other mods.  I don't know if anyone made a patch to change Energia to LH2 thought.  Maybe Nertea did in Cryo Engines?

42 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

LH2 isn't in stock and Beale doesn't like relying on other mods.  I don't know if anyone made a patch to change Energia to LH2 thought.  Maybe Nertea did in Cryo Engines?

I know @Beale said was planning on making a Tantares LH2 without any dependencies. I was hoping this would be in the latest update, that it all.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:38 PM, Beale said:

I'm pretty comfortable doing that in a dependency free way - after doing that in CRE (bundle tantares_lh2 and switch actual lh2 if you have CRP installed) - so yeah I will make Energia LH2,

1 hour ago, MashAndBangers said:

47 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

I know @Beale said was planning on making a Tantares LH2 without any dependencies. I was hoping this would be in the latest update, that it all.

2 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

Does Energia have the LH2 fuel that was suggested in the newest update?

Yep, it's planned for the next update :) TantaresLV hasn't received any changes in a while, I don't think there is anything in Tantares that should be LH2?
Perhaps either as an optional patch, or a fake-compatible resource like CRE.

Energia just doesn't really work too well using Kerolox, so it's overdue.

1 hour ago, baldamundo said:

Does anyone know which tech tree mods have configs for Tantares? Particularly would like to try an unmanned-first mod that has Tantares parts in the right places

Unfortunately I know of nothing like this.

Unfortunately / or fortunate for those who voted in the poll, we actually need the Blok-D no matter what going forward. It only took a couple of hours really anyway.
Feel free to change your vote if you chose that, otherwise I will just split the results between the other options.

jbOI2ct.jpg
i7Ge6YY.jpg
D0QD9qc.jpg

Edited by Beale

35 minutes ago, Beale said:

Yep, it's planned for the next update :) TantaresLV hasn't received any changes in a while, I don't think there is anything in Tantares that should be LH2?
Perhaps either as an optional patch, or a fake-compatible resource like CRE.

Energia just doesn't really work too well using Kerolox, so it's overdue.

Unfortunately I know of nothing like this.

Unfortunately / or fortunate for those who voted in the poll, we actually need the Blok-D no matter what going forward. It only took a couple of hours really anyway.
Feel free to change your vote if you chose that, otherwise I will just split the results between the other options.

jbOI2ct.jpg
i7Ge6YY.jpg
D0QD9qc.jpg

Nice! 

37 minutes ago, Beale said:

jbOI2ct.jpg
i7Ge6YY.jpg
D0QD9qc.jpg

Looks sick!

22 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Hmmm....

That could be quite a few things 667861032487616562.png?v=1
Not to mention, you might be able to do something very cool with a VA capsule and a Blok-D.

Variant First flight Last flight Launches Rockets Remarks
Blok D 1967 1976 44 Proton-K
N1

Blok D-1 1978 1989 10 Proton-K Mostly used for launches to Venus
Blok D-2 1988 1996 3 Proton-K Launched Fobos 1, Fobos 2 and Mars 96
Blok DM 1974 1990 66 Proton-K
Energia (unflown)
Blok D modification for Earth-based orbits
Blok DM-2 1982 2012 115 Proton-K
Proton-M
Used with Proton-M for GLONASS launches [1]
Blok DM-2M 1994 2005 15 Proton-K Enhanced payload thanks to the use of higher performance Syntin fuel instead of RG-1. Powered by the RD-58S engine.
Blok DM-03 2010 active 4 Proton-M Intended as a replacement for Blok DM-2 and DM-SL/SLB, first flew in 2010, only used on Proton
Blok DM-5 1997 2002 2 Proton-K Used for low Earth orbit launches with Arkas satellites
Blok DM1 1996 1996 1 Proton-K Commercial Blok DM-2, only used for one launch, with Inmarsat-3 F2
Blok DM2 1997 2002 4 Proton-K Commercial Blok DM-5, used for Iridium and INTEGRAL launches
Blok DM3 1996 2006 25 Proton-K Commercial Blok DM-2M
Blok DM4 1997 1997 1 Proton-K Commercial Blok DM-2M, only used to launch Telstar 5
Blok DM-SL 1999 active 36 Zenit-3SL Used in Sea Launch missions, some flights use a version with stretched fuel tanks
Blok DM-SLB 2008 active 5 Zenit-3SLB

Used in Land Launch missions and other commercial Zenit-3SLB flights from Baikonur

9 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Random screenshot saturday

p05dcbe.png

These give me life :D Nice job.

12 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

My Kerbals can now exit their LZhM moonbase, no longer trapped inside. Thanks.
50051618553_37ecc4ce86_c_d.jpg

Awesome outpost, glad it works again

Edited by Beale

So if anyone is wondering the Procedural Fairings Patch for BDB also works for Tantares parts. (You wont be able to build a 1.5m VK3 until you unlock the relevant PF max fairing size  in career but the same issue also applies to BDB)

Only thing left now is a fairing with a hole

p72nRRz.png

Edited by Bellabong

17 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Quick question, in the modern Soyuz launches, what’s the staging order? Do the boosters separate before the fairing or vice versa?

Search soyuz launch sequence in google

Spoiler

Soyuz-U_launch_sequence_pillars.jpg

z2-Eve6TlhtAB9odc8qdJTOFjut82VeMarxt8VX0

22 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Quick question, in the modern Soyuz launches, what’s the staging order? Do the boosters separate before the fairing or vice versa?

Yep, boosters early on, fairings higher up :)

There are a (few) good videos of launches that can be found, sadly not as many for US rockets though (Seeing the launch of a Start-1 is a treat if you never did :D).