Jump to content

[1.11.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [4.0][17.3.2021][Lunokhod]


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Beale said:

XvOvyqH.jpg
J7sBJen.jpg
WTn0kmU.jpg

(David Attenborough voice)
Here we see a space stationin its natural habitat. From this angle you can how it’s massive wings are being used to take flight. What a miracle of nature. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

What's with the lenticular endcap?

5 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Always thought it was just a very narrow ended cone, not a squashed cone end.

Pinning down the exact shape was quite difficult but thanks to @PickledTripod we have some decent idea now.
It was probably made by intersecting two cylinders skewed at 30degrees, this matches up with the photos, and makes sense from a manufacturing way (This was post Soviet, and budgets were not large).

pf7kCnv.jpeg
GUJpoRC.jpg

Naked version:

xmrtMZs.jpg

Quick start on priroda:

SyGUKPA.jpg

Gween:

q7yp8JJ.jpg

Whoite:

zozF5gn.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

Something about that design makes me think it would be a cool looking re-entry vehicle... Probably not a terribly sound design engineering-wise though.

KITBASH MONSTER LIFTING BODY KLIPPER INCOMING

Link to post
Share on other sites

thWlAgLYXxnohfdJ73HVKlXotmuE=&risl=&pid=station_hull_2.jpg&ehk=W2CS1KqXPPByelbGM

75611450-8ceb6f00-5b12-11ea-8144-93369e0

Can we have these sphere stack back? It think this just can't be a better definition for Soviet/Russian style engineering.

Multiple spheres stack in absurd geometric position.

We can just restore the old vega space station fuel sphere or make this looking a B9 part switch variant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, Anachro said:

Explore further possibilities of this mod.

vjOxACv.png

Very nice build! Really cool to see !

11 hours ago, Anachro said:

thWlAgLYXxnohfdJ73HVKlXotmuE=&risl=&pid=station_hull_2.jpg&ehk=W2CS1KqXPPByelbGM

75611450-8ceb6f00-5b12-11ea-8144-93369e0

Can we have these sphere stack back? It think this just can't be a better definition for Soviet/Russian style engineering.

Multiple spheres stack in absurd geometric position.

We can just restore the old vega space station fuel sphere or make this looking a B9 part switch variant.

For definite, I am planning in adding some new "station" end caps in this update to give these parts a little more life. They can all be switched in to existing parts.

 

 

 

Priroda-da-da-da
naked and blanket version, and a few potential recolours.

fFLL4iK.jpg
9DCx0f3.jpg
WMLxvGl.jpeg

Some new kind of flags for labelling things

screenshot824.png?width=1084&height=610

 

Edited by Beale
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Beale!

The TANTARES mod family has become a must in my standard game. It's perfect!:heart_eyes:
But today the story is different. I have a new career project that includes only specific parts of some mods. So I would like to know:

1- Is it possible to reduce the mod and keep only the parts present on the ISS? (I have an idea of what to do but I don't want to take any chances before I hear it)

2- Does this affect other family mods in some kind of incompatibility?

I am currently running the game in version 1.11.2

Link to post
Share on other sites

according to my knowledge you can delete sections in gamedata->parts, though I can't help you further. The OP has something like it in the FAQ

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

de acordo com meu conhecimento, você pode excluir seções em gamedata-> partes, embora eu não possa ajudá-lo mais. O OP tem algo parecido no FAQ

It was in this folder that I had an eye ... I just lacked the courage:grin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KallangoVerde said:

Hello Beale!

The TANTARES mod family has become a must in my standard game. It's perfect!:heart_eyes:
But today the story is different. I have a new career project that includes only specific parts of some mods. So I would like to know:

1- Is it possible to reduce the mod and keep only the parts present on the ISS? (I have an idea of what to do but I don't want to take any chances before I hear it)

2- Does this affect other family mods in some kind of incompatibility?

I am currently running the game in version 1.11.2

Yeah you can freely just open Tantares/Parts/

and delete whichever folders you don't need, if for example you wanted to delete both LK landers:

XhwU8mf.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KallangoVerde said:

reduce the mod

You can delete any parts folder except two "misc" folders(shared assets there). And you also can delete certain IVA folders from Tantares/spaces if you don't use some of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a place where I can get a  Completed Soyuz Craft file? i remember there was one in the dropbox back in 2019, but it's gone now.

thanks, and great mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CollectingSP said:

Is there a place where I can get a  Completed Soyuz Craft file? i remember there was one in the dropbox back in 2019, but it's gone now.

thanks, and great mod.

There's a good Wiki I've used before that has these craft files and guides on Tantaras and Bluedog, Etc https://github.com/friznit

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

core 1.875m parts mostly done:

Going clockwise:

  • Spektr Lab
  • Basic Can (short)
  • Spektr tail / nose
  • Basic Can (long)
  • Priroda Lab

Spektr tail/nose might get a naked version in the end, but I still don't know how much space I have to work with.

Those little brown circle mounts for the solar panels will be able to be toggled. So you can have just a simple plain can.

D2dhzpP.jpg

VZijvHU.jpeg

Edited by Beale
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...