[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I, er, have a zip dump of your previous repository, if it would help, Eagleshift. Didn't see the 'releases' tab, so I just grabbed the master zip :D

In fact, here. Licensing... Well, Eagleshift is right here, ask him? (looks like Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Edited by komodo

Wow, this one SSTO is basically classic mid-twentieth century rocket ship!

Speaking about textures. Yes, maybe .mbm is good and stuff, but... You know, there is a great mod, Kerbal Paint, that allows you to paint your parts - as long as there is special file, basically an image with red, green and blue channels being monochrome maps for three possible paint layers.

And I very like doing such files for mods I've installed, but all my attempts at editing mbms with help of wiki failed miserably.

This might be an interesting design for you to tackle: the Zarya aka Super Soyuz.

http://www.astronautix.com/craft/zarya.htm

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/z/zaryacut.gif

It'd basically be a larger, 2.5m Soyuz-like descent capsule with a larger crew capacity.

I've actually made this (And never realeased it :blush: ). It is an interesting idea, there has been some call for a large capacity crew module.

Thanks for the update Beale! I really like the Spektr. It's a neat station part, and I have some other ideas for it as well!

http://i.imgur.com/UeJ9Jsm.jpg

As I said I might, I took the liberty of turning it into a command pod. For my own space agencies, I like designing ships that have a logical progression in style, like in RL how Gemini was the Mercury mkII. To that end, I added control and a heatshield to the Spektr. Anyone can grab the .cfg here: Download me! It doesn't have any windows (which are a luxury ;)) and once there's a station IVA it might be a little weird, but easy to overlook.

http://i.imgur.com/N9EwpvY.jpg

An interesting thing you might do, Beale, would be to make a command pod variant of the Spektr that seated four or five Kerbals with an appropriate IVA. Your mod has just about everything except a high-capacity command pod, and Spektr might be a unique choice for this! To help you visualize this, I've put the original IVA from Niemand303's Aeria in:

http://i.imgur.com/9v1iDk4.png

http://i.imgur.com/vF3a9Ud.png

http://i.imgur.com/sjXvuGv.png

(Also, that beautiful 1.875 tank is from this mod: 1.875 me!)

Interesting ideas all round here.

I may very well take up your idea of making this into a command pod... Add a window and such.

Or at the very least make the station IVA perfectly serviceable as a command pod (With ModuleCommand also).

Always nice to see activity on this mod. I check this thread pretty much every day. Last mod I did that with was the KSO shuttle, which got too memory-expensive to run after a while.

Also, Beale, if you ever decide to tackle an ISS part, Zvezda's bigger solar panels would be nice to see. But the stock 'XL' panels work just as good for now, so no pressure.

Very nice to hear! Thanks!

Some misc ISS parts are on the cards, maybe!

Hopefully on memory-hungry matters, I'm refurbishing the Salyut which should save a fair amount of memory (and mean more detailed models :D ).

4 days ago i watched Progress 57 carrying 3+ tonnes of cargo to ISS. Where can i get Eagleshift's cfg files? His link doesnt work anymore.
Ãœþûþôõц on the release Beale ! :D

Already tested it, and working on updated configs with CLS integration, and possibly texture swapping using Firespitter, if the update version works and it doesn't take too long...

I accidentaly blew up the whole repo of config, I'm working on making said configs (again).

I won't post them tonight, but they might be ready by tomorrow afternoon (let's say 12-14 hours from now, I hope), sorry for the delay ! ;.;

Thanks for the hard work buddy! No need to be sorry for any delays, this is your own time :wink:

Once the changes are back up on the repo I'll get to implementing most (if not all) of them into the vanilla Tantares distribution (And link on the front page your changes that I don't implement).

That's really great!

Like others have said, it's like the classic RocketShip design! The fact that it can make orbit is the icing on the cake.

529699a6bf.jpg

Wow, this one SSTO is basically classic mid-twentieth century rocket ship!

Speaking about textures. Yes, maybe .mbm is good and stuff, but... You know, there is a great mod, Kerbal Paint, that allows you to paint your parts - as long as there is special file, basically an image with red, green and blue channels being monochrome maps for three possible paint layers.

And I very like doing such files for mods I've installed, but all my attempts at editing mbms with help of wiki failed miserably.

Would you like the source files? (Photoshop / PNG) :)

I'm more than happy to hand them out to anyone who asks.

Hey, if you did make some KerbPaint configs, I could always host them here... :)

Edited by Beale

I have suggested this before (perhaps not here though) so please forgive me if you've seen the request, but I am still hoping someone will make bonafide Space Hotel modules, preferably 1.25 and 2.5m versions. A little something to berth the tourists in. :)

That's really great!

Like others have said, it's like the classic RocketShip design!

Thanks...

hASUK.png

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/12928-WIP-Destination-Mun

Last post 2012...

The fact that it can make orbit is the icing on the cake.

Orbit 300/300 and 700m/s DELTA v...

Edited by kopapaka

A quick update on the config overhaul progress...

I, er, have a zip dump of your previous repository, if it would help, Eagleshift. Didn't see the 'releases' tab, so I just grabbed the master zip :D

In fact, here. Licensing... Well, Eagleshift is right here, ask him? (looks like Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Thanks for the zip, helped me check some little adjustements and decisions I've made when I balanced the whole thing !

Eagleshift's balance overhaul sadly didn't make it into this release, but I'm still working on it.

However, work got in the way today, so I resumed progress on this only a few minutes ago. I truly hope I'll be able to release a version and update the repo tonight, and then I'll start working on dynamic texture switch with Firespitter.

So, for the first release, expect it soonâ„¢ :sticktongue:

I have suggested this before (perhaps not here though) so please forgive me if you've seen the request, but I am still hoping someone will make bonafide Space Hotel modules, preferably 1.25 and 2.5m versions. A little something to berth the tourists in. :)

Like this?

467193-space-hotel.jpg

Hmmm.

It would be interesting if combined with FinePrint-esque Base building contracts.

Beale how about a Buran Shuttle?

Btw, I Found that little Satellite Van thing in an old KSP Folder of mine. :)

About the van, sorry I saw the last message but forgot to reply.

It is fine, I would prefer to remake the Van than re-release the same old one ( I have since found the old working files) But thank you anyway!

About Buran,

It's interesting (And I have attempted Space Shuttle in the past).

But I see two major roadblocks.

• - Space shuttle type vehicle is hard to do without introducing external .DLLs for functionality (Think high-gimballing engines).
  • - For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to orient wing models correctly (And there is near zero tutorials on this).

a1251c5c49.jpg

Haha! That's fantastic.

I will see if I can get this thing working in 2014 KSP.

A quick update on the config overhaul progress...

Thanks for the zip, helped me check some little adjustements and decisions I've made when I balanced the whole thing !

However, work got in the way today, so I resumed progress on this only a few minutes ago. I truly hope I'll be able to release a version and update the repo tonight, and then I'll start working on dynamic texture switch with Firespitter.

So, for the first release, expect it soonâ„¢ :sticktongue:

Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for the work on this!

Salyut Refurb - Just like new*

77fbbc0ad6.jpg

*Though it is still 40 years old, have no illusions.

Features more polygons and more general ladder greeble.

The ends of the module will now allow more elegant attachment to 1.25m parts.

Oh, and dimensions are exactly the same, so no saves will be affected (Though I can't guarantee hatch placement will remain the same).

Edited by Beale

I Like the New Salyut Refurb, But I have an idea How about various diverse Salyut modules and habitats to make them feel more...customized? And with more different modules it could help people make even Larger Space Stations. :D

Edited by HuntsmanThe7

Hey! That's awesome!

What are you using to cover up the Kvant there? :)

I Like the New Salyut Refurb, But I have an idea How about various diverse Salyut modules and habitats to make them feel more...customized? And with more different modules it could help people make even Larger Space Stations. :D

That might be a bad idea, would you really want several very similar modules cluttering up space?

Although I agree variety is good, I don't think throwing parts at the problem will fix it :sealed:

What doth thou thinketh? WIP

7595a0c8d0.jpg

Edited by Beale

Interesting ideas all round here. I may very well take up your idea of making this into a command pod... Add a window and such. Or at the very least make the station IVA perfectly serviceable as a command pod (With ModuleCommand also).

Hope it happens! But of course do what you want; it's your mod!

Those are some very pretty station parts as well!

Edited by DGatsby

Beale How about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Exploration_Vehicle ?

Also Dude, Remember what I said about the whole "Station Diversity and Expansion" Thingy. How about you make different Optional Expansion "Packs" of Parts, such as a Station Pack filled with various Salyut modules, Skylab Modules and MIR Modules and maybe even a pack filled with parts for making stockalike American Spacecraft, Heck maybe even a Chinese Spacecraft Pack such as Tiangong and the Shenzhou! :cool:

Edited by HuntsmanThe7

Well, it would be nice to have PNGs, but it wouldn't be neither fast (I'm experiencing trouble with stable Internet access, and busy... and lazy) nor consistent - so do not look forward for alternative for, erm, alternative textures.

And yet - I would be glad to participate at least in this way. My first thought was to make overall coloration, color stripe (like one that is under thermal blanket on Soyuz) and thermal blanket effect itself for Tantares Orbital and Crew modules.

And sorry for no-quote response - mobile browser, yeah.

Edited by nothingSpecial
correction and addition