[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Oh lard, these look gorgeous.

Some issues I picked up on playing around with the TKS, however: no ability to close the cargo module as a VAB tweakable and no secondary nodes for attaching cargo inside the cargo module. Now, this second one is not that big of a deal as it's fairly painless to attach a clamp-o-tron jr. or simply to attach things radially using EE, but I feel some secondary internal attachment nodes would make it easier to use for some folks.

And please allow me to compliment your excellent stock-like texture work on these; everything fits beautifully.

Works great here on 64 bit windows. I have an issue report, although I suspect it's not easily fixable... when you use the new docking port and try to use the RPM docking cam, there's a big silver hexagon in the display which is probably the back of the prong that sticks out of the docking port.

Edited by OrbitalDebris

The Alnair is missing the heatshield.

@PART[Alnair_Crew_A]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]
{
@maxTemp = 1700
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0
reflective = 0.05
ablative = AblativeShielding
loss
{
key = 650 0 0 0
key = 1000 64 0 0
key = 3000 80 0 0
}
dissipation
{
key = 300 0 0 0
key = 500 180 0 0
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = AblativeShielding
amount = 900
maxAmount = 900
}
}

Hello, I created config for ModuleManager which implemented TAC life support in Tantares crafts (also includes the Salyut, LK lander, Fuji Orbiter and Apollo D2)

Quick overview:

• All descend capsules have supplies for 7 days autonomous flight
  • All orbital modules have extra supplies for 21 days
  • J-PL habitat module have 360days supplies. Enough for one-way Duna travel
  • Vega station have three recycling systems onboard and 1year(426d) supplies for 3 crews if all systems works
  • HAMAL and Alnair can fully resupply Vega station at one time
  • Not very well balanced

Download

If you have any ideas about balance or something else - you are welcome.

Edited by l0ser140

Hello, I created config for ModuleManager which implemented TAC life support in Tantares crafts (also includes the Salyut, LK lander, Fuji Orbiter and Apollo D2)

Quick overview:

• Vega station have three recycling systems onboard and 1year(426d) supplies for 3 crews if all systems works
  • Not very well balanced

Download

Really cool man, I have been wanting to do something like this and have felt like it was really needed. Thanks for this!

The backs of the solar arrays look a little bare to me, to be honest. Perhaps some added detail there? See the back of the Gigantor XL stock solar array for what I mean. Also the smaller 2x3/1x6 dudes.

And a TKS departing my test station after a KAS resupply mission.

E6710D835AC9E68E7C28C3065BE23B1A69C841EC

Edited by Bomoo

May I ask why you have standardized on the 0.625M docking ports? the 2-kerbal module looks a bit odd with its radically tapered ends, and parts from this pack don't dock well with my stations designed around 1.25M ports. (which are supposed to be the smallest ones Kerbals can get through, right?)

In general, I love what you are doing with this pack, I just feel like I am missing something with port sizes.

The Alnair is based off of the real world Soviet TKS spacecraft.

I was referring to a piece that seems to have been removed from the current version. The Alnair looks great, and will be worked into my current station.

I think what would be ridiculously awesome is if you made a few station modules for the trunk of your TKS. Like maybe a lab, a habitat, a FGB trunk-1.25m structural adapter of the same format as the VA pod, but with no crew capacity and reduced mass, etc. Build all the space stations!

I'm back. :)

Great to see all the feedback and pictures, many thanks!

The Alnair is missing the heatshield.

@PART[Alnair_Crew_A]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]
{
@maxTemp = 1700
MODULE
{
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0
reflective = 0.05
ablative = AblativeShielding
loss
{
key = 650 0 0 0
key = 1000 64 0 0
key = 3000 80 0 0
}
dissipation
{
key = 300 0 0 0
key = 500 180 0 0
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = AblativeShielding
amount = 900
maxAmount = 900
}
}

Many thanks! I'll add it ASAP.

Quick overview:

• Not very well balanced

Download

Amazing work! I'll add a link to the front.

The backs of the solar arrays look a little bare to me, to be honest. Perhaps some added detail there? See the back of the Gigantor XL stock solar array for what I mean. Also the smaller 2x3/1x6 dudes.

And a TKS departing my test station after a KAS resupply mission.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/68996769426487725/E6710D835AC9E68E7C28C3065BE23B1A69C841EC/

Yeah, I agree. I'll probably do a new mesh with diamonds:

af48089fdb.jpg

May I ask why you have standardized on the 0.625M docking ports? the 2-kerbal module looks a bit odd with its radically tapered ends, and parts from this pack don't dock well with my stations designed around 1.25M ports. (which are supposed to be the smallest ones Kerbals can get through, right?)

In general, I love what you are doing with this pack, I just feel like I am missing something with port sizes.

I think you're referring to the Polaris command module? It's that way as the real life concept is extremely flat and tapered. In general the 0.625m docking ports are a compromise around having mainly 1.25m parts.

A Kerbal should be able to squeeze through a 0.625m port from the looks of things, without a space suit.

So what's your next idea. After the Hiatus obviously.

Salyut, LK then maybe some MIR stuff.

Edited by Beale

Or are you just gonna refurbish the stuff for now?

Pretty much this :) .

Of course any MIR stuff would be new.

When to refurbish the LK I would probably make an effort to make it look more like the real one

Here's a bit of juicy WIP Salyut action.

a0eb5100e3.jpg

9de3d09edf.jpg

40a2ca5a91.jpg

84ef124e2d.jpg

It's the front bit!

1e65f5a092.png

Pretty much this :) .

Of course any MIR stuff would be new.

When to refurbish the LK I would probably make an effort to make it look more like the real one

Here's a bit of juicy WIP Salyut action.

http://puu.sh/aJWBW/a0eb5100e3.jpg

http://puu.sh/aJWCT/9de3d09edf.jpg

http://puu.sh/aJWDR/40a2ca5a91.jpg

http://puu.sh/aJWEF/84ef124e2d.jpg

It's the front bit!

http://puu.sh/aJWIe/1e65f5a092.png

So with the Libra, it's gonna be more of a tubular pod than a spherical pod? And are those salyut parts of the Almaz?

the progress looks amazing!

a quick note- on the TKS imaged in the main post, I recommend moving the side tanks backwards so that they are touching the CAT container.

Thanks for the tip, I've yet to put up an "official" craft file, so I'll see about that. :)

Some Salyut Stuff

Progress has been slow due to IRL obligations, but here's the middle bit.

Nothing special, but it's all coming along.

78dc53290a.jpg3abcc0c14b.jpg

Super excellent! Would that middle section happen to be compatible with the TKS, by any chance?

And no, unfortunately not as the size adapters are built in. :(

I am considering releasing an alternate TKS mid-section, which would take up the full length rather than two parts and seat maybe 3-4 Kerbals.

Also there will be some basic adapters between the 1.875m parts and the stock part sizes.