[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hey Beale, would you consider remaking the Apollo D2 now that we have the new stock fairing system? It's possible to make one with a few mods installed, but it might be neat to have some dedicated parts for it!

8Qv4f4T.png

Dc6CriS.png

For those of you who don't know about the Apollo D2, it use to be part of Tantares a few versions ago, but bugs involving the old fairing system caused Beale to discontinue it, and replace it with his Gemini analogue. The Gemini analogue is great, by the way!

Edited by DGatsby

You all just go to GameData/Tantares/Parts/TKS/Alnair_Cargo_A and open the part file and make the adjustments so it would look like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.499, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.499, 0.0, 0.0,-1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Yup, that did the trick! Attaches swell now. :)

While on the subject of that cargo bay. I have to add that cargo bay's sliding door is still walk-through as if it didn't exist there. What's up with that?

Edited by T'Flok

It might have something to do with the node orientation?

EDIT:

Yup, that's it. I messed around in the config file and got the cargo bay working correctly

You all just go to GameData/Tantares/Parts/TKS/Alnair_Cargo_A and open the part file and make the adjustments so it would look like this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.499, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.499, 0.0, 0.0,-1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

and picture proof and visual guide :)

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/CargoFix_zpsomtefu0m.png

Not sure if this could be implemented into Tantares as a real fix or not, that's for Beale to decide :)

Aaah, yep this is a nice fix. Many thanks taniel!

Sorry, you can blame my lack of decent testing for this problem in the first place, I'll push out a patch when I can.

Interestingly, two nodes sharing the same place isn't the reason it was bugged (Check the stock cargo bays!), but I'm not sure what else was causing it, oh well.

Nothing revolutionary, just getting a little space program set up.

http://imgur.com/a/vn8OR

Hey Beale, would you consider remaking the Apollo D2 now that we have the new stock fairing system? It's possible to make one with a few mods installed, but it might be neat to have some dedicated parts for it!

http://i.imgur.com/8Qv4f4T.png

http://i.imgur.com/Dc6CriS.png

For those of you who don't know about the Apollo D2, it use to be part of Tantares a few versions ago, but bugs involving the old fairing system caused Beale to discontinue it, and replace it with his Gemini analogue. The Gemini analogue is great, by the way!

Cute little crafts! Especially that Vostok thing :D

I'd love to know how you break a solar panel off too!

On the D2, oh you are tempting me, it is true.

I'll for sure consider it, though a revamped D2 I would say wouldn't resemble the old one (Which was a very loose adaptation) so much, but probably a little more realistic.

Hey I'm chomping away at my thesis, complete soon, so then some free time! (Though first order of business is getting the Kliper and PPTS flight worthy) (Before I go on paternal leave and leave you all in the dark again).

I did something neat!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm actually quite proud of myself. That upper stage just barely had enough deltaV to make it orbit around Eve, but it worked.

Long story short, keep up the good work on the parts, Beale!

Cool launch vehicle! (Cryogenic engines?) Ariane boosters too.

The eventual probe is hella cute.

Many thanks!

Well, of course I would find out about an update right after launching my Salyut 1. :sticktongue:

http://i.imgur.com/HliQ6i1.png

That's OK, I can always launch an updated one later. Thanks for re-balancing the Proton, Beale. She works like a champ!

EDIT: I give you Salyut "Other" 1. :wink:

http://i.imgur.com/8LmwOhq.png

More fun with Salyut 1 - Valentina and Helnne successfully docked with the station this evening.

http://i.imgur.com/kfEBF1e.png

Salyut Other 1! Oh that gives me a chuckle. Nice commitment just to get the IGLA antenna eh :D

Always love to see docked assemblies, the RCS ports you are use there?

While on the subject of that cargo bay. I have to add that cargo bay's sliding door is still walk-through as if it didn't exist there. What's up with that?

Intentional, no collider for it.

Personally I've always considered it not worth the extra overhead for colliders on those sliding bays, but, if there is enough demand, or a very good reason to add them, I probably could. :)

Edited by Beale

Yeah, I was quite proud of the LV too. The first stage is just a Mainsail but the upper stage is cryogenic. I ended up naming the booster Vvys and enlisted it into some serious service. If it's first test flight can send a small payload all the way to Eve, it's defiantly a keeper.

Honestly I just really wanted to make something to resemble the Delta-K upper stage. :P

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Aaah, yep this is a nice fix. Many thanks taniel!

Sorry, you can blame my lack of decent testing for this problem in the first place, I'll push out a patch when I can.

Interestingly, two nodes sharing the same place isn't the reason it was bugged (Check the stock cargo bays!), but I'm not sure what else was causing it, oh well.

I checked the cargo bays, noticed that the node sizes were different...

edited the part.cfg to this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0,-1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

And it works fine...

So it must be that two nodes of same size can't occupy the same space, right?

Salyut Other 1! Oh that gives me a chuckle. Nice commitment just to get the IGLA antenna eh :D

Always love to see docked assemblies, the RCS ports you are use there?

I nicked the RCS from CardBoardBoxProcessor's Kosmos pack. I probably should adjust the size and ISP to make them more proportional to the station. Right now the Salyut dances like a lass after a bit too much rum vodka. :D

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Intentional, no collider for it.

Personally I've always considered it not worth the extra overhead for colliders on those sliding bays, but, if there is enough demand, or a very good reason to add them, I probably could. :)

It would make more sense ingame to have them have colliders. Have built a few sci-fi draft design ships with the cargo bay and it kinda sucks when the ship is designed to takeoff/land horizontally like a VTOL or a plane and you wanna walk on it's hull and your poor kerbal is like: "OWGH! Huh!? What are these doors made out of? I seem to have fallen through! HELP! (tries to jump up)" :D

Because I saw a soviet bomber a few pages back, I've taken apon myself to create a american response to this new bomber gap.

I also found another use for the IGLA:

Edited by gooddog15
Realized that the 2nd bomber was a canberra. Yay reconnaissance!

Please post a link to the updated craft packs for the Tantares.

Topic is huge.

Sorry :) .

I'll finally be updating the craft files later tonight. IRL has been busy, and I just got back to University. I'll repost the link for the update, but the link can always be found on the 1st page under Craft Files.

Or ya know, in my fancy-shmancy new signature...

Edit: Yeeeeah, not tonight. IRL madness. Just can't get them all how I want them yet. Salyut stations, Mir parts, and the cargo craft are all done, but the pack is still missing a bunch of vehicles. Sometime this week... :/

Edited by curtquarquesso

Cute little crafts! Especially that Vostok thing :D

I'd love to know how you break a solar panel off too!

On the D2, oh you are tempting me, it is true.

I'll for sure consider it, though a revamped D2 I would say wouldn't resemble the old one (Which was a very loose adaptation) so much, but probably a little more realistic.

Hey I'm chomping away at my thesis, complete soon, so then some free time! (Though first order of business is getting the Kliper and PPTS flight worthy) (Before I go on paternal leave and leave you all in the dark again).

Sounds like you are a busy person! I know the stress of a thesis; best of luck on it! As always I will be excited for whatever you decide to make.

Actually the solar panel rip wasn't that exciting; a fairing took it off when they jettisoned. Back to the drawing board on that one!

So, Mrs. Beale has a bun in the oven?

I'm sorry. I had to. Many congratulations, seriously. :)

I'll finally be updating the craft files later tonight. IRL has been busy, and I just got back to University. I'll repost the link for the update, but the link can always be found on the 1st page under Craft Files.

Or ya know, in my fancy-shmancy new signature...

Edit: Yeeeeah, not tonight. IRL madness. Just can't get them all how I want them yet. Salyut stations, Mir parts, and the cargo craft are all done, but the pack is still missing a bunch of vehicles. Sometime this week... :/

OK,I'll wait.

I checked the cargo bays, noticed that the node sizes were different...

edited the part.cfg to this:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0,-1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

And it works fine...

So it must be that two nodes of same size can't occupy the same space, right?

Mmm, nice discovery.

I'm not sure what the rules are, I should dig further. :)

I nicked the RCS from CardBoardBoxProcessor's Kosmos pack. I probably should adjust the size and ISP to make them more proportional to the station. Right now the Salyut dances like a lass after a bit too much rum vodka. :D

Thanks for the info! :)

It would make more sense ingame to have them have colliders. Have built a few sci-fi draft design ships with the cargo bay and it kinda sucks when the ship is designed to takeoff/land horizontally like a VTOL or a plane and you wanna walk on it's hull and your poor kerbal is like: "OWGH! Huh!? What are these doors made out of? I seem to have fallen through! HELP! (tries to jump up)" :D

Hmm' date=' okay, that is a fair point.

I could add colliders I think not a big problem, now I have a bit more experience using box colliders.

So, Mrs. Beale has a bun in the oven?

I'm sorry. I had to. Many congratulations, seriously. :)

2b2543f9ed.jpg

No worries on the craft files!

And nice signature, the tweakscale configs will be enjoyed :)

Because I saw a soviet bomber a few pages back, I've taken apon myself to create a american response to this new bomber gap.

http://imgur.com/a/72uDj

I also found another use for the IGLA:

http://imgur.com/a/eiSp7

That's a very nice plane, nice mission also :)

Got a craft file?

Some rough meshes.

The old wire-frame decoupler will remain as is currently, but I'll be opting to include a more modern decoupler also.

No parts will be replaced (at most re-textured, but no node re-positions), if it looks different, it's a new part.

71bfa2f81a.jpg

2160f3272b.jpg

Edited by Beale

Yes!

If you can answer the question: What purpose would it serve in a vanilla KSP installation?

You could animate it as a retracting part of the pod (not realistic I know but this is kerbal) and then add a extra camera view to the iva that is outside the pod for forward visibility

Yes!

If you can answer the question: What purpose would it serve in a vanilla KSP installation?

Make it a science instrument maybe? Could have it's own experiment, 'Crew Report through periscope' or something. The periscope is something which really makes it distinctly Soyuz. Gives them that almost sub-nautical look.

You could animate it as a retracting part of the pod (not realistic I know but this is kerbal) and then add a extra camera view to the iva that is outside the pod for forward visibility
Make it a science instrument maybe? Could have it's own experiment, 'Crew Report through periscope' or something. The periscope is something which really makes it distinctly Soyuz. Gives them that almost sub-nautical look.

That was fast! :)

Yep, both of these are good ideas! Okay, periscope is in.