[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Wow, this thread has suddenly died down a lot. I guess Beale has left us for the time being. Sooner than I expected.
It was a good mod while it lasted. Looks like it will fall into obscurity like the rest of so many great mods. The KSP Modding world will certainly miss Beale. Also if he is reading this, Good luck with the bread baby. :D (Kind of wonder is someone is going to try to keep this mod alive, though I kind of doubt it)

It was a good mod while it lasted. Looks like it will fall into obscurity like the rest of so many great mods. The KSP Modding world will certainly miss Beale. Also if he is reading this, Good luck with the bread baby. :D (Kind of wonder is someone is going to try to keep this mod alive, though I kind of doubt it)

Oh I doubt he is going to stop modding. He is just leaving for a while to take care of IRL things or something.

Maybe while Beale is busy we should help him with balance the launchers, as they're quite OP at the moment? I messed around with the Proton... ended up cutting the fuel capacity to 80%, lowering the ISP and increasing the fuel consumption like 50 times and it's still a bit too powerful...

I'm not sure if he's taken his leave quite yet. Those of us who are in school just kinda got a bit busy all at the same time. Midterms. I'll get in touch with him.

Wow. Ok.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Maybe while Beale is busy we should help him with balance the launchers, as they're quite OP at the moment? I messed around with the Proton... ended up cutting the fuel capacity to 80%, lowering the ISP and increasing the fuel consumption like 50 times and it's still a bit too powerful...

Try putting this in your gamedata directory and tell me what you think...I havn't finished it yet but its up to testing stage

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3bbwbxcuvgk2ji/TLVMods.cfg?dl=0

InE4EiT.jpg

It was a good mod while it lasted - yada yada yada

This is by far the most ridiculous thing I've seen all week that didn't involve my switching on the television. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm not sure what Beale did with the TKS parts in the last update, but it's flying much nicer than before. Either that, or I'm finally getting the hang of building them.

vRfmJ3L.png?1

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Does that mean I have to return the Space coffin? :(

You can always hang on to it for personal use.

Anyway! Anyone else find the PPTS heat shield ablation rate a bit on the thrilling side? Love the way it's tuned. The Soyuz pod could use similar treatment. It would make me a good deal more careful on my Mun return re-entries. :cool:

Anyway! Anyone else find the PPTS heat shield ablation rate a bit on the thrilling side? Love the way it's tuned. The Soyuz pod could use similar treatment. It would make me a good deal more careful on my Mun return re-entries. :cool:

Yeah, those parameters are waaaaay faster burning than stock. I copied the stock values to slow it down, so I could pack a lighter heat shield for a low orbit.

Hello!

Sorry for absence.

The little one is here, both him and his mother are well, thank you the concern :)

Sadly I cannot continue Tantares for some time, in the time between though Curtquarquesso has kindly agreed to maintain the mod (Many thanks!)

Signing out, but not forever!

144be6edbc.jpg

Kind regards.

Hey guys,

Like @Beale said, I'll be looking after the thread while he's gone. He's given me a list of do's and don'ts for the mod while he's on leave.

Goals:

• Finish up and release ATV.
  • General part balancing
  • Fill in config blanks, like descriptions, and placeholder information.
  • I'll take a stab at some IVA stuff, but no promieses. I'll probably reach out to you guys on this.
  • PPTS? Maaaayyyybeee...

This is a fairly conservative list, because I'd prefer to under-promise, and over-deliver. I'll definitely be reaching out to a few of you for help from time to time.

Let me know what you guys would like to see done, and I'll let you know what I can do. This add-on is still Beale's baby, (well, not his only baby now...) and even though I can match his style pretty darn well, I'm not going to add a bunch of parts that he'll have to maintain later, that he knows little-to-nothing about. That'd be rather cruel. That being said, try to keep part suggestions to a minimum.

Cheers. :)

First things first though. You guys wanted a bigger, stronger LAS motor, right?

c07JmHZl.png

Congratulations Beale!

All the work you've done for this mod and the forum is astonishing.

I hope you have a good time taking care of your new little loaf.

And once again as always, this mod is puppy approved.

JToMBhW.jpg

Also congrats curtquarquesso!

It's nice to see that your maintaining this mod.

Edited by gooddog15

gooddog15, lovely labrador, remains mine :)

curtquarquesso -> Congratulations to you our new supreme leader :cool: . Here's my suggestion, Beale told us that doing alternate texture has become far easier than before, do you feel like trying some retextures ? :) I'm glad he let you keep up the mod, you are doing a great job !

Congrats Beale.

Curtquarquesso: I would honestly love a major focus on balancing whats currently in the pack versus adding or revamping anything else. The launchers are especially messed up balance wise.

Also noticed that with the new slightly larger docking ports there's a few gaps in the parts catalog for adapters for them to sit nicely on some craft, maybe something to think of for adding to flesh out the parts :)