[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Congratulations Beale!

And good luck curtquarquesso. :P

EDIT: Oh, and a word of warning about balance. It is very easy to reach orbit around Kerbin in the current aero, if you balance various launch vehicles to act like they would in real life, they would be very underpowered for mixing and matching parts and making up your own vehicles. The AB Launchers parts are all varying degrees of "too much" for getting Zenit/Energia/Vulkan payloads to orbit, but the fuel tanks are all the same dry mass as stock and the engines all have far lower ISP than you might initially expect. If I lowered them further to make the rockets function as their real life counterparts, they just would be so bad outside of those designs as to be not worth using. You've gotta be careful!

Edited by hoojiwana

Hello!

Sorry for absence.

The little one is here, both him and his mother are well, thank you the concern :)

Sadly I cannot continue Tantares for some time, in the time between though Curtquarquesso has kindly agreed to maintain the mod (Many thanks!)

Signing out, but not forever!

http://puu.sh/iWoSp/144be6edbc.jpg

Kind regards.

Congratulations, man. I wish you well in your upcoming adventures with your little mini breadchild.

giphy.gif

Godspeed, Sir Loaf, godspeed.

You guys wanted a bigger, stronger LAS motor, right?

http://i.imgur.com/c07JmHZl.png

Waay ahead of you.

pM9itTp.png

I did this a while back. :cool:

Best of luck to you Beale :) We'll do our best not to crash Minmus into the Mün till you get back :D

Whoa, speak for yourself! I plan to use the powers of Hyperedit to become a Dark Lord of the Kerbol system more powerful than Sauron himslef!

EDIT: I'm actually wondering... How many people know what I'm talking about? Space nerds and fantasy nerds are two completely different groups.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

Whoa, speak for yourself! I plan to use the powers of Hyperedit to become a Dark Lord of the Kerbol system more powerful than Sauron himslef!

EDIT: I'm actually wondering... How many people know what I'm talking about? Space nerds and fantasy nerds are two completely different groups.

Well, the very idea of Jeb acquiring the One Ring terrifies me. How's that?

I too would like to wish Beale a hearty congratulations! Curtquarquesso, I am glad to know that the mod will be in good hands while the newly paternal loaf lord gets his bearings with the little loaf. I have been super busy IRL but things are calming down and I can get back to work on the RemoteTech and TACLS configs. They are mostly complete but still have some balance issues. I will try and get them ready by next weekend so they can make it into the next release.

Dear Proud Parent Beale,

We, your most pablum consuming customers at Voidryder's Aerospace, offer most sincere congratulations on your acquisition of new staff person, small though they may currently be. We also wish to acknowledge your excellent choice of promotion of Dominant Craft Engineer Curtquarquesso to oversee your superlative spacecrafts and launch vehicles.

We wish you clear skies and multiple launch windows until your return.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

Post Script: Strongly discourage placing new staff in G-Force Centrifuge immediately after their consumption of snacks.

Also congrats curtquarquesso!

It's nice to see that your maintaining this mod.

Good to see curtquarquesso at the (temporary) helm as well, we're in fine hands people!

Dear Proud Parent Beale,

We, your most pablum consuming customers at Voidryder's Aerospace, offer most sincere congratulations on your acquisition of new staff person, small though they may currently be. We also wish to acknowledge your excellent choice of promotion of Dominant Craft Engineer Curtquarquesso to oversee your superlative spacecrafts and launch vehicles.

:D

curtquarquesso -> Congratulations to you our new supreme leader :cool: . Here's my suggestion, Beale told us that doing alternate texture has become far easier than before, do you feel like trying some retextures ? :) I'm glad he let you keep up the mod, you are doing a great job !

Well, so far, we have alternates for Gemini, an Soyuz. What else do you guys want to see? @planeguy868 already has a great retexture out for Soyuz TMA and Progress M.

Congrats Beale.

Curtquarquesso: I would honestly love a major focus on balancing whats currently in the pack versus adding or revamping anything else. The launchers are especially messed up balance wise.

Also noticed that with the new slightly larger docking ports there's a few gaps in the parts catalog for adapters for them to sit nicely on some craft, maybe something to think of for adding to flesh out the parts :)

Congratulations Beale!

And good luck curtquarquesso. :P

EDIT: Oh, and a word of warning about balance. It is very easy to reach orbit around Kerbin in the current aero, if you balance various launch vehicles to act like they would in real life, they would be very underpowered for mixing and matching parts and making up your own vehicles. The AB Launchers parts are all varying degrees of "too much" for getting Zenit/Energia/Vulkan payloads to orbit, but the fuel tanks are all the same dry mass as stock and the engines all have far lower ISP than you might initially expect. If I lowered them further to make the rockets function as their real life counterparts, they just would be so bad outside of those designs as to be not worth using. You've gotta be careful!

Balance. Very important. Good advice hooj. Stock KSP is the problem, not so much Beale's balance.

My thoughts are these:

Proton S1 is definitely OP.

Ariane LFO tank could use a touch less fuel.

Antares LFO is about right, but the Castor kick stage is frustrating to use. The gradual thrust makes it tough to control.

British parts and N1 parts, I haven't played with enough to know either way.

Soyuz LV is OP, but I'm afraid if I tweak it too much, I'll make the individual parts useless compared to stock.

Balance will be done VERY carefully.

Congrats Beale :)

Curtquarquesso, do you think incorparating the tweakscale configs you've created would be appropriate? They are very useful when using tantares.

Not sure. Depends on what you guys think. Doesn't make a difference to people who don't use TweakScale I suppose. I'm still working on making it feel less cheaty. Perhaps, but only when it doesn't negatively impact career.

Waay ahead of you.

http://i.imgur.com/pM9itTp.png

I did this a while back. :cool:

A a truly quality abort motor will abort the ENTIRE rocket... ;)

I too would like to wish Beale a hearty congratulations! Curtquarquesso, I am glad to know that the mod will be in good hands while the newly paternal loaf lord gets his bearings with the little loaf. I have been super busy IRL but things are calming down and I can get back to work on the RemoteTech and TACLS configs. They are mostly complete but still have some balance issues. I will try and get them ready by next weekend so they can make it into the next release.

I've only messed around with RT and TAC for brief times. If everyone agrees that they work as expected, those will get bundled. Sure.

Yeah. That'd be neat. It'd be really stupid easy too.

Also, unrelated, I'm sorry about the delay on getting the updated craft files out there. I became unhappy with my fairing setups, so I'm redoing all of that, and then I started redoing other stuff, and so on, so forth, etc. They'll be out sometime next week hopefully.

Real work on Tantares will begin likely after next weekend. I've got some IRL stuff that will be keeping me busy. I might be able to at least release a balance pass this coming week. Probably the most realistic goal I can give.

Looking at the files Beale sent me, the Capella/ATV isn't missing too much. The crew module needs windows and some greeble, the MP tank is pretty much done. Only thing missing is a revamp of the MP engines, and solar panels. Most of us have been using the Fuji 1x3 panels, but they don't really cut it for ATV. ATV will need it's own solar panels.

Good, good. Now tell me, how many of you people have dared to read the Silmarillion? The number will certainly be considerably lower...

After the third start, I got through it. Dune was an easier read.

I've only messed around with RT and TAC for brief times. If everyone agrees that they work as expected, those will get bundled. Sure.

My RT config is already the bundled version. Something broke it in the last update (its first release) though. I already have a fixed version Here. The TACLS is in a 'still needs work' phase atm but is perfectly usable. I'll put some work into it tonight.

Give us retextures of Salyut and Mir! Make them white and brown, like they looked in real life! An N1 retexture to black and white would be nice also.

Take it easy on our poor C.O.!

Now, you need to do green and black retextures for Soyuz, a Green retexture for TKS, and make an apollo capsule, LM, Saturn 1b, Saturn V, Parachutes/Docking port for the Apollo CM, an apollo CSME, CSM Tank, Titan II, Titan III, Atlas, Centuar, Mercury, Gemini Moon Lander, Inflateable habitat, Space Station Freedom parts, Space Shuttle parts, Buran parts, ISS Parts, Delta V/Delta V Heavy, Orion, SLS....

- - - Updated - - -

Totally not a hypocrite. :sticktongue:

Take it easy on our poor C.O.!

Now, you need to do green and black retextures for Soyuz, a Green retexture for TKS, and make an apollo capsule, LM, Saturn 1b, Saturn V, Parachutes/Docking port for the Apollo CM, an apollo CSME, CSM Tank, Titan II, Titan III, Atlas, Centuar, Mercury, Gemini Moon Lander, Inflateable habitat, Space Station Freedom parts, Space Shuttle parts, Buran parts, ISS Parts, Delta V/Delta V Heavy, Orion, SLS....

- - - Updated - - -

Totally not a hypocrite. :sticktongue:

FusTek has ISS parts, but they haven't been stable in awhile. Plus, I'd love to see Beale's take on them! But before any of that, we were promised a PMA!

(In serious, Beale, no rush.)

FusTek has ISS parts, but they haven't been stable in awhile. Plus, I'd love to see Beale's take on them! But before any of that, we were promised a PMA! (In serious, Beale, no rush.)
I think you means "Curt's" take on them. Beale, has some Irl Stuff to take care of, So he's going to be gone for a while. Honestly, though I want to see ISS parts as well. But, we already have stock, and not to mention The Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Mod to hold us over... :)

FusTek has ISS parts, but they haven't been stable in awhile. Plus, I'd love to see Beale's take on them! But before any of that, we were promised a PMA!

I was kidding about those. Well, except for the Saturn 1b and Titan II/III.

And FusTek is now stable, and 1.0.x compatible. He recently updated it, to include KIS compatibility, and updated the IVAs.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/35043-1-0-X-Experimental-FusTek-Station-Parts-(WIPs-on-GitHub)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the Buran. Although all we need in an engine/Back section.

I got a Unity Node and PMA in my mod pack to hold you over til Beale or curt get to it.

SuLcOlF.png

eSUPRRK.png

Dev Thread Link

/ShamelessPlug