[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I'll push an update out tonight. Sorry for delays.

It is difficult sometimes to do minor patches (Like 29.1), if I have a mountain of half-finished parts and half-updated part configs lying around. But, the Antares has been revamped now, so I can get this RT config out there.

Thank you. I don't mean to take time away form the newly baked loaf-let. I was just getting tired of checking the thread just to see if I needed to repost the config for the n'th time. on the one hand, I really need some sleep but on the other, if the patch is going out tonight then I'll give the config an extra going over to make sure its all set. BTW just a reminder, if you plan on adding any new antenna just pm me the part call name ahead of time so I can whip up an RT patch before release.

EDIT: Assuming no other changes this config is good to go! Link

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

I believe (according to astronautix), Big Soyuz would be used for a baseline mission to the ISS, and could swap between six or two crew members, to carry a heavier internal payload.

But the Big Soyuz that i'm working on will also be used as a good ferry ship to the Mun, Minmus and beyond!

Also, have the somewhat finished model IVA.

7JmjILp.png

How about four crew on the deck below?

UPDATE:

If anyone is interested, how would you guys like a IVA with full RPM integration and ALCOR props?

But yeah, the first version of my Tantares expansion will only have Big Soyuz and CEV Raytheon.

Speaking of CEV Raytheon..

53jJtSC.png

Edited by Sylandro

I believe (according to astronautix), Big Soyuz would be used for a baseline mission to the ISS, and could swap between six or two crew members, to carry a heavier internal payload.

But the Big Soyuz that i'm working on will also be used as a good ferry ship to the Mun, Minmus and beyond!

Also, have the somewhat finished model IVA.

http://i.imgur.com/7JmjILp.png

How about four crew on the deck below?

UPDATE:

If anyone is interested, how would you guys like a IVA with full RPM integration and ALCOR props?

But yeah, the first version of my Tantares expansion will only have Big Soyuz and CEV Raytheon.

Speaking of CEV Raytheon..

http://i.imgur.com/53jJtSC.png

Looking really quite tasty!

Just remember to check those smoothing settings on the edges, everything is orange currently :wink:

Tantares 29.1 & TantaresLV 13

Lots of little bug fixes from the little free time I've managed to stockpile (not to complain!), as well as a few previews of the ATV (complete sans solar panels) and PPTS (Still missing most of its components).

The revamped Antares is also now available, this time with a flag decal.

Let me know of bugs :)

Huge thanks to curtquarquesso for his ongoing help keeping things afloat!

c3d075c60e.jpg

Not his best album, but I am bored of the classics.

1701f407d5.jpg

Edited by Beale

Looking really quite tasty!

Just remember to check those smoothing settings on the edges, everything is orange currently :wink:

Tantares 29.1 & TantaresLV 13

Lots of little bug fixes from the little free time I've managed to stockpile (not to complain!), as well as a few previews of the ATV (complete sans solar panels) and PPTS (Still missing most of its components).

The revamped Antares is also now available, this time with a flag decal.

Let me know of bugs :)

Huge thanks to curtquarquesso for his ongoing help keeping things afloat!

http://puu.sh/jAnhw/c3d075c60e.jpg

Not his best album, but I am bored of the classics.

http://puu.sh/jAnxn/1701f407d5.jpg

Yep. I can send you the solar panels in an hour or so when I get home. Really thought I'd have more time during my short school break to work on Tantares, but such is family life.

Wohooo, great to see another update :D

In honour of it I'll show some screenshots from my career save while I was doing the Gemini missions

Mün and Minmus' rise

screenshot8_zpsjeawsgol.png

I should have gotten planetshine too :(

screenshot19_zpscvutrmf4.png

Agena looks better with solar panels ;)

screenshot39_zpsgkfa1sw7.png

Yep. I can send you the solar panels in an hour or so when I get home. Really thought I'd have more time during my short school break to work on Tantares, but such is family life.

No rush!

But, many thanks!

Wohooo, great to see another update :D

In honour of it I'll show some screenshots from my career save while I was doing the Gemini missions

Mün and Minmus' rise

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/screenshot8_zpsjeawsgol.png

I should have gotten planetshine too :(

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/screenshot19_zpscvutrmf4.png

Agena looks better with solar panels ;)

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k633/taniel0401/screenshot39_zpsgkfa1sw7.png

Nice Agena!

Green windows? :)

Was the part shrinking bug fixed in this version?

Good question!

No, unfortunately.

Well, one or two parts have been fixed (I think Progress parts), but not much else.

Because it has been so long since the last update (and so much has happened), I'm not sure what exactly has been fixed.

7f1f95f820.png

Edited by Beale

Darn, the parts I need fixed most urgently are the TKS parts, (used big crew can for Salyut M Munar station, shrank when I went back to space center to launch next module) but I'll wait for their turn. I've got lots to do in Space Engineers while I wait. Verdun too, if I can get it working properly.

Can't wait for the new ATV, that stuff looks glorious!

The Soyuz parts have the wrong crew capacity. The T637A Orbital module has 1 crew when it should be empty ( or just use the HAMAL orbital module isn't green when using the alternate textures), while the T491A "Khleb" descent module only has only 2 and should have 3. As it currently is, it means I either have to reenter with both modules or only have 2 crew.

Although completely unnecessary, it would be awesome to see a periscope added to the descent module.

I also found that the majority of parts are not visible in science or career modes.

Might I suggest linking to Greenskull's custom spacesuits, e.g. the Koviets

KovietSuitsmainpic_zps969eb00a.png

Edited by marrioman13
misinformation

The little v1 rocket type thingy (yes that's my technical lingo there! Impressive!) appears to do some floaty weird kraken type magic. I have a huge mod list, if you want it let me know, using remote tech, i lose control with it when an antenna snaps off (obviously) then its thrust cuts off (obviously) but it still carries on up for a bit, twirls around in the air, tries to fall, floats back up again, then finally falls to its doom. It's possessed i tell ye!

The Soyuz parts have the wrong crew capacity. The T637A Orbital module has 1 crew when it should be empty ( or just use the HAMAL orbital module isn't green when using the alternate textures), while the T491A "Khleb" descent module only has only 2 and should have 3. As it currently is, it means I either have to reenter with both modules or only have 2 crew.

The Tantares modules are kerbal versions of the Soyuz modules, and the Kerbals have different proportions to humans. There was a large debate a while back as to whether they should be 2 man or 3 man, and it was concluded that Beale couldn't make an IVA where 3 Kerbals would fit comfortably. It's all scaled down slightly :)

The Tantares modules are kerbal versions of the Soyuz modules, and the Kerbals have different proportions to humans. There was a large debate a while back as to whether they should be 2 man or 3 man, and it was concluded that Beale couldn't make an IVA where 3 Kerbals would fit comfortably. It's all scaled down slightly :)
Yeah, I just use TKS or Buran for 3-Kerbal missions.

The little v1 rocket type thingy (yes that's my technical lingo there! Impressive!) appears to do some floaty weird kraken type magic. I have a huge mod list, if you want it let me know, using remote tech, i lose control with it when an antenna snaps off (obviously) then its thrust cuts off (obviously) but it still carries on up for a bit, twirls around in the air, tries to fall, floats back up again, then finally falls to its doom. It's possessed i tell ye!

Need to separate the fins from the engine, this story is an example why :wink:

What is the regent engine used for?

The Black Prince rocket :)

Well that's a shame. I'd be open to a non-IVA view too, but no worries, like you said, these are stick-alikes, not replicas.

There's HGR if you are seeking a 3-crew stockalike Soyuz, the "Soyjuice" is in a slightly bigger form factor to accommodate three Kerbals.

Edited by Beale

It's those blasted heads that make that arrangement impossible. Also kerbal's don't collide with each other they wouldn't squish together they would just clip into each other like mad and look terrible.

2 man versions of the real Soyuz have existed and flown so I don't see the problem.

Unrelated but I never got an answer to my question about the vostok service module (is it supposed to be purely structural or did one of my mods glitch it out?) Also is sas in all the tantares pods intentional or a typo?

Unrelated but I never got an answer to my question about the vostok service module (is it supposed to be purely structural or did one of my mods glitch it out?) Also is sas in all the tantares pods intentional or a typo?

Missed that, apologies.

It should be functional - but, it's one of the things that keep slipping away (then I forget).

I have never had much more intention for it greater than a battery or reaction wheel, however. (Probe core? Nah).

Ultimately it is structural, that's why it exists as a part, to put the monopropellant tanks and RCS thrusters onto it; but it needs a purpose for the sake of having a purpose! (at least in my opinion).

A part like the service module would be ideal for something like life-support, maybe. But we don't have that in the stock game yet.

Edited by Beale

2 man versions of the real Soyuz have existed and flown so I don't see the problem.

Of course, I've been facetious. I'd love a 3-kerbal Soyuz, but I also know it's not going to happen, and have made my peace with that.

VA works pretty well by itself as a three Kerbal capsule. Using the Tweakscale config, you can attach a Cygnus propulsion module and scale it up to 1.875m, it looks great! VA also has a 0.9 meter top, which is bigger than the Soyuz DM, so it's more versatile.

EDIT: Here, look at this: http://i.imgur.com/HyHCYco.png

Edited by pTrevTrevs

Missed that, apologies.

It should be functional - but, it's one of the things that keep slipping away (then I forget).

I have never had much more intention for it greater than a battery or reaction wheel, however. (Probe core? Nah).

Ultimately it is structural, that's why it exists as a part, to put the monopropellant tanks and RCS thrusters onto it; but it needs a purpose for the sake of having a purpose! (at least in my opinion).

A part like the service module would be ideal for something like life-support, maybe. But we don't have that in the stock game yet.

I suppose it would be alright for me to resume pushing for the old lfo tank and lfo engine arrangement then right? (blowfish isn't around is he? >.>) Also some feed back on the vostok from when I played with it recently. With the old vostok I could use offset to bury it up to its equator to make it go along with 1.25m parts I discovered on accident recently when I trapped a poor kerbal inside that I can't do that anymore because the hatch is now on the equator. With the hatch in this inconvenient spot the craft feels more like a kit as it needs its decoupler and service module to fit with anything in the early game.