[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Probably not, sorry. It would be a little too bloaty IMO

They're being removed, yup.

As is the V-2, that is now gone.

Why are you getting rid of the V-2? Its useful in so many contexts, especially early game, where most of my rockets are derived from it. I humbly ask that you reconsider it's removal.

Why are you getting rid of the V-2? Its useful in so many contexts, especially early game, where most of my rockets are derived from it. I humbly ask that you reconsider it's removal.

It's part of his new spinoff early-rocketry style mod now!

Those verniers look amazing with RD-107 by the way Beale <3

Edited by Beale

Oh man ... I see this update post JUST as I sit down to start the day at work ... now I'll be watching the clock all day waiting to get out :)

I feel ya, man.

Seriously, Beale? The day after Labor Day? What other sadistic thoughts circle around your head each day?

Oh man ... I see this update post JUST as I sit down to start the day at work ... now I'll be watching the clock all day waiting to get out :)
Looks awesome as Always!!!! cant wait to try it out :3

Many thanks!

I feel ya, man.

Seriously, Beale? The day after Labor Day? What other sadistic thoughts circle around your head each day?

It is just Tuesday here. You have different holiday dates in the United States.

I may release the next update the day after a more universal holiday. :wink:

To those who get the chance to try it out - any luck with a stable launch profile?

The beta was very "flippy" even with fins and verniers.

Seems okay!

I began gravity turn very gently, no great issues. :)

Edited by Beale

New R-7 is amazing.

I certainly understand that the naz* planes is bad,

but the missile V-2 is an important milestone in the history of rocketry.

I would like to use it.

In Taerobee is only X-1

and it can not be installed through a scan.

New R-7 is amazing.

I certainly understand that the .... planes is bad,

but the missile V-2 is an important milestone in the history of rocketry.

I would like to use it.

In Taerobee is only X-1

and it can not be installed through a scan.

Mainly I want to do away with the V-2 as I am sick of the constant weird requests for nðzi planes, tanks, etc.

Probably should not have made it in the first place.

I don't recall seeing a lot of these requests in public most must have come through pm as if it was some shady back alley deal as if n4z1 rocket science was contraband goods around here am I right? Which of course makes the requests all the weirder. >.>

It is just Tuesday here. You have different holiday dates in the United States.

I may release the next update the day after a more universal holiday. :wink:

I half expected a picture of the Loaf with an unsettling caption about the sadistic thoughts in your head, but this will do.

Hopefully my Mun space station isn't broken by this update, it isn't anywhere near finished.

Mainly I want to do away with the V-2 as I am sick of the constant weird requests for nðzi planes, tanks, etc.

Probably should not have made it in the first place.

Ah. So basically the same craft, but without the obvious .... connotations. The Bumper/R1 seem like a better choice anyways - more interesting in terms of rocket development.

I had a chance to try it out over my lunch break, and sure enough - having flipping issues with the new R-7. I'll post a craft, and maybe a youtube, when I get home.

Very basic "sputnik" style R-7 without upper stage, 12 vernier config, one small fin (the small stock static one) on each booster.

Climb to 8000 meters, start to very slowly and gently edge the nose east

Within seconds, the entire rocket flips and won't recover, flying bottom-first unable to flip back around.

I tried a second time and covered the whole rocket with standard canards and RCS, and still had trouble but was able to at least get into orbit without flipping over.

Also found that the stock radial decouplers are having trouble ejecting the booster tanks with enough force to eject clear of the center stage/tank to avoid collisions.

That's really strange. I tried two different launcher configurations (Vostok-K and Soyuz-FG), and they both performed beautifully. Are you throttling back at all to account for the dynamic pressure on the vehicle? Going full-throttle through the entire ascent leaves you almost no latitude with the angle of attack and will most assuredly send your booster flipping.

Ah, nice! I tried out the new R-7 for a good 5 or 10 minutes this morning, but I noticed it doesn't do the Korolev Cross like it used to. :P

I don't like having to use stock decouplers for the boosters.

Ven's Stock Revamp has a sep motor called a "Snub-O-Tron", which you can place facing the main tank near the tip of each outboard tank. The Korolev Cross is restored!

Edited by Jack Wolfe