[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Third_OfFive said:

So @Beale, did you finish that IVA? Or have you accepted that mine is superior? :P 

19 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

All these cool refreshing looking parts... and no love for the LK? A 2 stage LK sure would be nice :wink:

LK ascent

EKHviP8.png "Take a seat, friend".

Yeah I will probably do that one day.

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We need Proton Light. You promised.

I am altering the deal.

Well, I am kidding, it's still planned, but the texture will have to increase. I am wondering if anybody else uses 4k textures (not including planets) and if thery will annoy people. Total size of Proton rocket will be 26MB including models, config and textures.

@DiscoSlelge Argh I missed that post entirely, wow wow! I love those details, the LOK umbillical especially is  10/10. :) 

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

Well, I am kidding, it's still planned, but the texture will have to increase. I am wondering if anybody else uses 4k textures (not including planets) and if thery will annoy people. Total size of Proton rocket will be 26MB including models, config and textures.

I would move to using a pair of 2048s before I use a single 4096. Indeed, that is what I am doing for my similarly sized LDC Titan.

@PART[Alniyat_Crew_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 48
	nArcs = 2
	nCollidersPerXSection = 9
	TextureURL = TantaresLV/Parts/LLV/fairings_diff

panelGrouping = 3
	pivot = 0,-0.0625,0
	axis = 0,-1,0

baseRadius = 1.25
	maxRadius = 3
	capRadius = 0.15
	snapThreshold = 0.1

xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
	xSectionHeightMax = 3

edgeSlide = 0.15
	edgeWarp = 0.02
	noseTip = 0.5

UnitAreaMass = 0.012
	UnitAreaCost = 12

stagingToggleEnabledEditor = True
	stagingToggleEnabledFlight = False
	stagingEnableText = Fairing Not Staged
	stagingDisableText = Fairing Staged

useClamshell = True
}
}

@PART[Eridani_Crew_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 48
	nArcs = 2
	nCollidersPerXSection = 9
	TextureURL = TantaresLV/Parts/LLV/fairings_diff

panelGrouping = 3
	pivot = 0,-1.25,0
	axis = 0,1,0

baseRadius = 1.25
	maxRadius = 3
	capRadius = 0.15
	snapThreshold = 0.1

xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
	xSectionHeightMax = 3

edgeSlide = 0.15
	edgeWarp = 0.02
	noseTip = 0.5

UnitAreaMass = 0.012
	UnitAreaCost = 12

stagingToggleEnabledEditor = True
	stagingToggleEnabledFlight = False
	stagingEnableText = Fairing Not Staged
	stagingDisableText = Fairing Staged

useClamshell = True
}
}

How do i incorporate this into my KSP? I am also having an issue with my proton rocket flipping over, Ive added the craft files for salyut 1 and proton i am using an interstage fairing between the last stage of proton and the salyut payload along with the salyut fairings ( i was succesful in adding them) but the rocket is very unstable. How do i correct this? It seems to be an issue with the interstage fairing adding too much drag despite it being inline with the rocket. 

Edited by grayal

5 hours ago, grayal said:

@PART[Alniyat_Crew_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
}

How do i incorporate this into my KSP? I am also having an issue with my proton rocket flipping over, Ive added the craft files for salyut 1 and proton i am using an interstage fairing between the last stage of proton and the salyut payload along with the salyut fairings ( i was succesful in adding them) but the rocket is very unstable. How do i correct this? It seems to be an issue with the interstage fairing adding too much drag despite it being inline with the rocket. 

You should be able to paste these into a .CFG file and past in GameData/Tantares/Patches - It will then be loaded as long as you have module manager installed.

Regarding Proton: Very strange! Are you flying it okay on other craft files? Maybe It's just the Salyut with some problems.

3 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Tired of rendez-vous way ? Try direct, UR700 way !

1519848991-220200-20180228192817-1.png

1519849022-220200-20180228204922-1.png

Lovely ride with the LK 700 mockup :D

(sorry for pics spam)

Awesome pictures and lander, it gives me ideas...

26 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Hey have you heard of Tantares next update ?
ur_700_patch_by_discoslelge-dc4kmf7.png

CONFIRMED.

6 hours ago, hraban said:

why not? Any number of textures can be created for an object, if necessary for each surface its own.

What's next? Three textures on a part, four?! I think the government should do something about this.

l4DedXF.png

Edited by Beale

Beale,

I am having the issue on 1 craft file with the TKS spacecraft downloaded from this thread. I took the proton rocket off this as a subassembly and added it to the salyut-1 craft file. I am having the flip with both. I intend on testing different launch profiles when i get home such as lowering the acceleration of the rocket to keep it under terminal velocity ( i am using mechjeb) if this doesnt work i intend on possibly editing the proton 1st stage to have a higher gimbal limit ( im out of ideas and this will be a last resort) i would prefer not to install FAR but maybe ill have too. Anyone else have any ideas? I searced the thread for anyone else having flipping issues and it seems to have been an issue in the past. I also tried deleting the partsdatabase file as well. So far, nothing has fixed the issue. I have successfully flown tantares rockets before but i've been away from the game for a year now.

On another note. what are the best mods for creating a stockalike ISS now including tantares for the Russian Orbital Segment? The sun tracking solar arrays and preferably the heat radiators are a must have.

9 hours ago, Beale said:

Regarding Proton: Very strange! Are you flying it okay on other craft files? Maybe It's just the Salyut with some problems.

I have to confirm the Proton is VERY unstable now (tested with a TKS as paypoad), I had to slap some Soyuz fins on the bottom before the thing stopped flipping over at the very start of a gravity turn.

19 hours ago, grayal said:

Beale,

I am having the issue on 1 craft file with the TKS spacecraft downloaded from this thread. I took the proton rocket off this as a subassembly and added it to the salyut-1 craft file. I am having the flip with both. I intend on testing different launch profiles when i get home such as lowering the acceleration of the rocket to keep it under terminal velocity ( i am using mechjeb) if this doesnt work i intend on possibly editing the proton 1st stage to have a higher gimbal limit ( im out of ideas and this will be a last resort) i would prefer not to install FAR but maybe ill have too. Anyone else have any ideas? I searced the thread for anyone else having flipping issues and it seems to have been an issue in the past. I also tried deleting the partsdatabase file as well. So far, nothing has fixed the issue. I have successfully flown tantares rockets before but i've been away from the game for a year now.

10 hours ago, TK-313 said:

I have to confirm the Proton is VERY unstable now (tested with a TKS as paypoad), I had to slap some Soyuz fins on the bottom before the thing stopped flipping over at the very start of a gravity turn.

Both of you, very strange issue - could you record how you are launching? Do you use KJR? or similar mods?
I have had a quick test with the Proton and absolutely 0 issues on the craft files noted.

H0zMSQe.png
K99oy77.png Do you like trash?
jrXh4qg.png

Edited by Beale

Again some sexy pics, this LK 700 is damn neat
1519942786-220200-20180301144806-1.png

And the LK-1 fly bying the Mün, launched by a proton and patiently waiting of the new proton !
1519942798-220200-20180301154711-1.png

Interkosmos on the right way

hermes_mir___interkosmos_patch_by_discos

Edited by DiscoSlelge

Beale,

I am using KJR and Mechjeb for the launches. I have had to increase the gimbal from 1.5 to 2.5 and i removed a considerable amount of fuel from all 3 stages. I also start the gravity turn almost immediately and manage the throttle to keep TWR around 1.8 for most of the launch. It works but it's a lot to manage but im happy i can launch my MIR parts now. LOVE YOUR MOD!!!!!! Any plans for the Federation spacecraft and the Soyuz 5 rocket?

21 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Again some sexy pics, this LK 700 is damn neat
1519942786-220200-20180301144806-1.png

And the LK-1 fly bying the Mün, launched by a proton and patiently waiting of the new proton !
1519942798-220200-20180301154711-1.png

Interkosmos on the right way

hermes_mir___interkosmos_patch_by_discos

Possibly my new favourite patch, awesome!

17 hours ago, grayal said:

Beale,

I am using KJR and Mechjeb for the launches. I have had to increase the gimbal from 1.5 to 2.5 and i removed a considerable amount of fuel from all 3 stages. I also start the gravity turn almost immediately and manage the throttle to keep TWR around 1.8 for most of the launch. It works but it's a lot to manage but im happy i can launch my MIR parts now. LOVE YOUR MOD!!!!!! Any plans for the Federation spacecraft and the Soyuz 5 rocket?

Glad to hear it is working.

No plans for Federation, but Soyuz 5 is a possibility.

14 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Ah that's really cool, many thanks! And much appreciated.

cicYwfL.jpg
5ibvuap.png
B7QHNNI.png
Zj1VO4e.png
yfQMJ0Z.jpg

Edited by Beale

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

Possibly my new favourite patch, awesome!

snip

Until the next one isn't it :D ?

This new proton is amazing, and the blue for the tank goes very well with the white of the core, better than ever <3