[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, StriZ said:

I did it later. Souz and VA parachutes are working now, Vostok parachute is not. I tried it with different capsules.

Okay, thanks a lot for confirming, I will look into an update patch with some forced drag cubes.

I have no say in this parachute discussion since I am not experimenting any problems. I should say however that the deployment speed of all tantares chutes is indeed faster than average,  resulting some near neck-breaking deacelerations,  at least in low altitude where I usually deploy them (around 2000m). This is not a bug in my understanding,  just an interesting fact that deserves consideration. Also,  I use FAR ('blessed be this mod',  says he in deep respect and awe) which changes the aero properties and thus can be the cause, as I imagine tantares is not calculated to fit well with every single mod out there (which is fair).

27 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

I have no say in this parachute discussion since I am not experimenting any problems. I should say however that the deployment speed of all tantares chutes is indeed faster than average,  resulting some near neck-breaking deacelerations,  at least in low altitude where I usually deploy them (around 2000m). This is not a bug in my understanding,  just an interesting fact that deserves consideration. Also,  I use FAR ('blessed be this mod',  says he in deep respect and awe) which changes the aero properties and thus can be the cause, as I imagine tantares is not calculated to fit well with every single mod out there (which is fair).

This is actually a vanilla Tantares issue, I need to fix it - stock parachutes don't break necks anymore :D 

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

This is actually a vanilla Tantares issue, I need to fix it - stock parachutes don't break necks anymore :D 

Oh by all means,  adress this only if there is nothing else to do. Its not crucial. And it can be solved with smart designs,  for instance,  using drogues. But really,  in true koviet fashion,  those chutes are some mighty crew-molesting parts!

Hmm... VA and Souz parachutes still don't slow after deleting partDatabase.cfg and physics.cfg with my "normal" x6.4 rescale mod set. I had test it twice.

lFtMEtdEkik.jpg

Who can tell me why it was working perfect before 1st June? :confused: I got a screenshot from 30th May. All kerbals had landing in safe.

ptgXnewdQ7w.jpg

16 hours ago, kopapaka said:

screenshot11.jpg?ver=0

screenshot9.jpg?ver=0

Welcome back!

The van is great! :D 

2 hours ago, StriZ said:

Hmm... VA and Souz parachutes still don't slow after deleting partDatabase.cfg and physics.cfg with my "normal" x6.4 rescale mod set. I had test it twice.

lFtMEtdEkik.jpg

Who can tell me why it was working perfect before 1st June? :confused: I got a screenshot from 30th May. All kerbals had landing in safe.

ptgXnewdQ7w.jpg

Thanks for testing. It is really strange that it would suddenly stop working. 
Are you using recolour mods there - the custom Soyuz-T skin? If the parachute has any recolours applied, unfortunately a bug in the game will make it innefective.

I have identified a few problems with the parachute config, so I will push a patch soon.

Beautiful screenshot! I hope we can fix this and you can make more.

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Are you using recolour mods there - the custom Soyuz-T skin? If the parachute has any recolours applied, unfortunately a bug in the game will make it innefective.

Thank you. It's "Tantares now in colors!" mod by Draken! You are right! When I had deleted this mod Soyuz and VA chutes had start to slow correctly. I had tested it twice. And "Tantares now in colors!" was updated recently too. Vostok chute has broken any way.:P

Edited by StriZ

54 minutes ago, kopapaka said:

Thanks!

:wub: Oh wow! I really love that!

@StriZ 

@sslaptnhablhat 

@tjsnh

@Daniel Prates

Okay, fix below for your parachute woes!

Tantares 12.3

Who knew parachutes could be so hard?
Parachutes have all been modified so that they will deploy at a much gentler pace - no more neck breaking G-forces!

An issue with the Vostok parachute fairing has been resolved, major thanks to @blowfish who did lend his expertise to get that working!

Important to note! Parachutes will deploy quite slowly now, but by default will fully deploy from 1000m. It will take a few seconds to reach full deployment, so don't leave it late!

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png

ox0ncLh.png

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, mr. engino said:

Well, I finally found the soviet equivalent of BDB! While I wait for Kopernicus to update so I don't lose progress on my save, I'd like to know: does this mod have soviet probes along with manned spacecraft?

Tantares has a great Phobos 

fXAmzjn.jpg

Other places for Soviet Probes include Probes Plus which has a superb Venera (also done by @Beale IIRC)xOyr5jZ.png

8 hours ago, TheRedTom said:

Tantares has a great Phobos 

Other places for Soviet Probes include Probes Plus which has a superb Venera (also done by @Beale IIRC)

I do have probes plus, but it doesn't have the probes I'm looking for, not to mention no rovers yet. I was actually hoping that tantares would have some of the earlier probes (sputnik, luna, etc.) much like how bdb does (explorer, vanguard, pioneer, etc.).

14 hours ago, RocketScientist said:

Anyone built a Zvezda with this mod?

Indeed! The Zvezda core is extremely similar to MIR, I have seen a few people make really good recreations, but I can't find any now.
I have a planned recolour of the parts for a better Zvezda:

UgCLTzi.png

8 hours ago, mr. engino said:

I do have probes plus, but it doesn't have the probes I'm looking for, not to mention no rovers yet. I was actually hoping that tantares would have some of the earlier probes (sputnik, luna, etc.) much like how bdb does (explorer, vanguard, pioneer, etc.).

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think @Beale should make more probes but that's just me :)

Sure, what would people like to see? 

+1 if you can justify its gameplay purpose :P 

Edited by Beale

9 hours ago, mr. engino said:

If I remember correctly, Luna and Venera, as well as some other probes were included in one of the previous releases 

9 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

If I remember correctly, Luna and Venera, as well as some other probes were included in one of the previous releases 

Interesting!

For Venera, @akron has it covered really really well. Luna could be neat though, but I killed the old one as it served no gameplay reason (Similar to Sputnik).

3 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

KSP Ver 1.4.3

Game-Folder-1431529787220.png

Ideas anyone ? things blow up everytime I decouple ???

Thanks for the GameData folder, much appreciated.

I cannot see clearly in the video, which decoupler - or is it any decoupler?
Unsure, but it could be the Kerbal Join Reinforcement is the only mod, playing mostly stock I have not had these issues, anybody else?

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Sure, what would people like to see? 

+1 if you can justify its gameplay purpose :P 

Ah, good to see my comment got noticed! As I had stated in a previous comment, I likened this mod as the Soviet equivalent to bdb, and as such, I had hoped that this mod had the early Soviet probes. Granted they were lacking in scientific instruments compared to the u.s. counterparts, they did have some form of science experiments. For instance Sputnik I, despite being little more than  a metal sphere with a battery and radio transmitter inside, it did have an internal temperature and pressure gauge, so it can be argued that a 'kerbalized' version of it would have a primitive 2hot and presmat combination, much like how the narly probe core (vanguard I) has a 2hot. Need I say moar? :cool:

13 hours ago, Beale said:

Interesting!

For Venera, @akron has it covered really really well. Luna could be neat though, but I killed the old one as it served no gameplay reason (Similar to Sputnik).

Thanks for the GameData folder, much appreciated.

I cannot see clearly in the video, which decoupler - or is it any decoupler?
Unsure, but it could be the Kerbal Join Reinforcement is the only mod, playing mostly stock I have not had these issues, anybody else?

Good answer about KJR , deleted that for another version all good now thanks .