[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Please also make texture variants on LOK/LK docking ports, LOK engine and Mir ports as on Soyuz (white/green/gray).

LOK docking port might have in-built KAS winch if KAS installed, just because LOK works like that.

Separate parts for LK fuel tank and leg mount: jettisonable thing that work like a decoupler and mounts on engine, smaller collision box to avoid clipping issues

Edited by Gapone

Is it possible to attach the function of a low level experiment equipment such as temperature and pressure to the remote command part of 1.25 m?

Square experimental equipment is very cool. But it is a bit big against the Soyuz pod. To carry it to the moon and take it back to the atmosphere, you need to use the service bay of the vanilla part or to install it directly on the pod to prevent it burning out. It harms the shape of the beautiful spaceship reproduced.

Even if it's possible, it may make the game a bit simpler so I do not want it unless other users want it

This may be a mistake because it is machine translated text. I'm sorry

Thank you for a wonderful mod

On 1/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, akasha2000 said:

Is it possible to attach the function of a low level experiment equipment such as temperature and pressure to the remote command part of 1.25 m?

Square experimental equipment is very cool. But it is a bit big against the Soyuz pod. To carry it to the moon and take it back to the atmosphere, you need to use the service bay of the vanilla part or to install it directly on the pod to prevent it burning out. It harms the shape of the beautiful spaceship reproduced.

Even if it's possible, it may make the game a bit simpler so I do not want it unless other users want it

This may be a mistake because it is machine translated text. I'm sorry

Thank you for a wonderful mod

Hi!

Yes this is not too difficult, you must only take the experiment module:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEnviroSensor
		sensorType = TEMP
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceExperiment
		experimentID = temperatureScan
		experimentActionName = #autoLOC_502067 //#autoLOC_502067 = Log Temperature
		resetActionName = #autoLOC_502064 //#autoLOC_502064 = Delete Data
		useStaging = False
		useActionGroups = True
		hideUIwhenUnavailable = False
		xmitDataScalar = 0.5
		dataIsCollectable = True
		collectActionName = #autoLOC_238018 //#autoLOC_238018 = Take Data
		interactionRange = 1.5
		rerunnable = True
		usageReqMaskInternal = 1
		usageReqMaskExternal = 8
	}

And then put this into the craft file config of which part you want.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Igla passive receiver.

cSnXQz8.png

And this will form the new folder structure for these parts:
(of course, the old will remain there, hidden from VAB and with crunched textures, everything will be deprecated "gracefully" now).

zwHEsec.png
h8Qaukc.png

Edited by Beale

Realized I haven't shared my latest glorious pieces of work...

yxNCvV8.png

My LKO space station. Crew changes are achieved with the "TKS-Lite" vehicle (one shown docked, one shown departing), and science experiments for the attached WBI MOLE lab are done with the equally excellent (and VERY compatable) BDB pack. I thinkl the only non-Tantares parts on the TKS-Lite are the docking port (I love the CADS ports...) and a fixed antenna on the ventral surface for providing control assistance for the TKS while the long-range antenna is retracted for docking and proximity work. Both are BDB parts.

5bvH5Kp.png

My Minmus station. I have to admit, the solar panes from this pace are absolutely fantastic, especially for stations like this that need large amounts of electric charge to run. Again, crew changes are accomplished with the TKS-Lite, although they use a booster stage to make the trip to Minmus. The crew are very appreciative of the expanded crew quarters, rather than being crammed into just a capsule for days on end, and the lower part count and lighter mass than the Apollo I would have used otherwise makes this a much easier to operate design.

7YR7qiM.png

As mentioned above, I use a kick stage to make the burn to Minmus. For now, it's a disposable cryogenic stage, using a BDB cryo motor and Cryo Engines tankage. I'm planning on later converting it to using a reusable tug, but for now... *shrugs* It's cheap, and it works.

23 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

dunno if this was reported before hand, but the l-868 motor has vfx thruster glitch, the thrusters on the motor are firing forwards, visually counter to the forward h thrust command.

I think this is familiar yes! To be fixed with the part cleanups. Thank you for reminding me.

21 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Aaaand as promised:

HZZ7wUc.png

uqaTgtk.png

PrbGosc.png

27io3Yb.png

sKgVCJv.png

HIVCagQ.png

It is certainly difficult to put a nice looking VA based craft together, but you have done it effortlessly! :)
The CX port is a very nice fit, I still intend to make some of my own versions for MIR, eventually.

9 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

HALT !

Tax time

220200_20190131125042_1.png

220200_20190131133101_1.png

220200_20190131134142_1.png

My dear Moisty...

Wow

Is it okay to steal some of these? In particular the LK shot! Beautiful!

4 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

@Beale what is the recommended launch clamp/hold down for a proton k?

Typically 6x symmetry, on each of the outrigger tanks. I think you could also make use of some of @AlphaMensae work, though there is not a Proton LP, it can be jury rigged if I remember how I did it correctly.

Some posts have been removed or edited. 1) Remember that modmakers are unpaid volunteers and are free to decline or outright ignore feedback if they so choose, and 2) if you feel someone is not honoring that, please simply report the post rather than answer it and clutter the thread with an argument which is not of interest to most people visiting the thread.