[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

Nice work with the antennas :)

you can complement that patch with a %MODULE[ModuleSPU] {} for the command pods and while at it, add a MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] to them as well, you can simply copy the parts command pod antenna settings. If I remember correctly from the time I played with RemoteTech, you can configure an RTAntenna to not behave as a relay but I'm no longer know how to do this, I might be wrong though so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I made some RT patches a while ago, I can help you if you want. RemoteTach also has a nice guide on configuring parts for RT

When finished, you can also make a pull request on github :) . That would be very helpful

I think RemoteTech already handles the command modules automatically. Will submit it on github if I ever get round to fixing it - still a few of them not working.

BTW, am interested to hear how people end up using the R7/Soyuz family rockets in this mod/if people have any tips. The models are absolutely beautiful, but I always end up finding it quite frustrating trying to use them - the first stage is ludicrously overpowered for any smaller payloads, but the second and third stages are comparitively so weak that it seems really difficult to use it for larger payloads. Not to mention that even fitting a heavier payload into a 1.875m fairing in a way that doesn't look ridiculous is often pretty difficult! Is there something I'm missing?

Really enjoying the mod otherwise though - can't play KSP without it really. Love all the new colour schemes especially!

Hi, I have 18.0 installed but I cant seem to find the zarya and zvesda parts, i know they were in an older version but now I cant seem to find them did they get removed or am I just dumb

I need my sexy ISS fix :o

Thanks

1 hour ago, joecd82 said:

Hi, I have 18.0 installed but I cant seem to find the zarya and zvesda parts, i know they were in an older version but now I cant seem to find them did they get removed or am I just dumb

Thanks

Zarya and Zvezda don't have individual parts, they use the FGB parts and DOS/Salyut parts respectively.

2 hours ago, joecd82 said:

Thanks

Tantares is set up with the "Lego Mindset." Pick what you want to build, and build it using the parts provided. This way you can make your own take on various stations or spacecraft. Put "TKS" or "FGB" in your search bar in the VAB.

8 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Erm, is there a reason why with the newest version of Tantares every crewed part has Kerbalism resources (Food, Water, Oxygen, Nitrogen, CO2, WasteWater, etc.), massively cluttering up Part Action Windows?

Check your TAC-LS patch at Tantares/Patches/TAC. The :FOR[TacLifeSupport] nodes should be :NEEDS[TacLifeSupport] nodes.

If you don't use TAC you can simply delete that patch

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

22 hours ago, baldamundo said:

I think RemoteTech already handles the command modules automatically. Will submit it on github if I ever get round to fixing it - still a few of them not working.

BTW, am interested to hear how people end up using the R7/Soyuz family rockets in this mod/if people have any tips. The models are absolutely beautiful, but I always end up finding it quite frustrating trying to use them - the first stage is ludicrously overpowered for any smaller payloads, but the second and third stages are comparitively so weak that it seems really difficult to use it for larger payloads. Not to mention that even fitting a heavier payload into a 1.875m fairing in a way that doesn't look ridiculous is often pretty difficult! Is there something I'm missing?

Really enjoying the mod otherwise though - can't play KSP without it really. Love all the new colour schemes especially!

Thanks for feedback re: Soyuz! It is all too rare! :D

Thanks, I have heard this a little too. I don't have this problem too much but am probably launching too light payloads.
I will look at a little balance cleanup with the new colours.

19 hours ago, Deltac said:

Comrades, feast your eyes on the Lunabox!

vmrjsNu.png

This is really great, nice job!

4 hours ago, joecd82 said:

Thanks

I should make some craft files when I have the chance (Or if anybody else wants to).

But, like others said, the easiest way is just to search "Mir" (Zvezda is very very similar to the Mir core module), and "FGB" for Zarya.

Let me know if you have difficulties.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Erm, is there a reason why with the newest version of Tantares every crewed part has Kerbalism resources (Food, Water, Oxygen, Nitrogen, CO2, WasteWater, etc.), massively cluttering up Part Action Windows?

This is the TAC patch yes. I need to fix that I think.

Comrades, may I present to you:  The Manned Clawed Armored Tugging and Towing Soviet 19-1!  MCATTS-19-1

HjRWS3i.png

What it can do:

• Latch onto anything
  • Tow anything
  • Tug anything
  • Salute flag
  • Assemble Capitalist space station parts
  • Slice an apple into 3 pieces with less smoke
  • Throw comrade over large unnecessary fences
  • Create stability in developing nations coming in version 2
  • Create IVAs coming in version 2
  • Fall in love

21 hours ago, Deltac said:

Comrades, may I present to you:  The Manned Clawed Armored Tugging and Towing Soviet 19-1!  MCATTS-19-1

HjRWS3i.png

What it can do:

Put a man on the moon. bU812Nt.png

This is really cute. I like it.

I will take a little break. And after that I have a little micro project. You will never guess...

nHKQo2G.png

Edited by Beale

To @Beale: Gotta say, i love how this mod evolved in the last year, but i still wonder why the .craft files keep changing with the release (some crafts like the mir modules and zvezda and zarya that used to exist went missing from the dropbox folder), i wonder why....

To anyone else (and also @Beale if possible):

if you happen to have backups of BobCat's Industries's MIR files, would you please be so kind as to send them to me? might also send them to beale if he doesn't have them so he may retrofit or incorporate them into Tantares.

(apparently they were really high quality parts, so much so that they were used alongside Tantares and RN_Salyut mods on Kevin Gustafson's "International Skylab" and "Mir" KSP youtube videos.)

Edited by VaderExMachina

10 hours ago, VaderExMachina said:

To @Beale: Gotta say, i love how this mod evolved in the last year, but i still wonder why the .craft files keep changing with the release (some crafts like the mir modules and zvezda and zarya that used to exist went missing from the dropbox folder), i wonder why....

To anyone else (and also @Beale if possible):

if you happen to have backups of BobCat's Industries's MIR files, would you please be so kind as to send them to me? might also send them to beale if he doesn't have them so he may retrofit or incorporate them into Tantares.

(apparently they were really high quality parts, so much so that they were used alongside Tantares and RN_Salyut mods on Kevin Gustafson's "International Skylab" and "Mir" KSP youtube videos.)

The craft files become outdated as parts are replaced / revamped - so the craft files themselves are out of date and need to be replaced.

I am doing this gradually but I only get limited time to actually sit down and play KSP :wink:

If you have craft files, I will include them if you are happy to do so

JLxoC44.png

15 hours ago, Beale said:

The craft files become outdated as parts are replaced / revamped - so the craft files themselves are out of date and need to be replaced.

I am doing this gradually but I only get limited time to actually sit down and play KSP :wink:

If you have craft files, I will include them if you are happy to do so

JLxoC44.png

@Beale 

in that case, if you still have the older .craft files that are compatible with their respective version of tantares would you mind sending them over?

trying to attach a image from url but seems to not be working, anyway, here's my version of a "International Skylab" using Tantares alongside RN_Skylab and RN_Salyut. I attached a habitable Polyus to one of MIR's docking ports to replace Priroda (not at the right spot but whatever). Will add the other modules as soon as .craft files are available.

https://imgur.com/a/W1Krb96

Edited by VaderExMachina

hey @Beale i managed to find bobcat's soviet parts..well since the mod itself and it's creator haven't shown up in the last 3 years i assume its ok to remake it or better yet, merge it into tantares.

here's the link i found of the parts: https://github.com/albertovillalobos/sovietpack

btw these are fairly old build but is the latest one, apparently you gotta update it to work with 1.7 since currently it only works with  ksp 1.2.

4 hours ago, VaderExMachina said:

@Beale 

in that case, if you still have the older .craft files that are compatible with their respective version of tantares would you mind sending them over?

trying to attach a image from url but seems to not be working, anyway, here's my version of a "International Skylab" using Tantares alongside RN_Skylab and RN_Salyut. I attached a habitable Polyus to one of MIR's docking ports to replace Priroda (not at the right spot but whatever). Will add the other modules as soon as .craft files are available.

https://imgur.com/a/W1Krb96

I don't have the old craft files, but if you have a request for a particular craft I will put together a file for it.

I just need a priority of what people want.

Sweet station!

21 minutes ago, VaderExMachina said:

hey @Beale i managed to find bobcat's soviet parts..well since the mod itself and it's creator haven't shown up in the last 3 years i assume its ok to remake it or better yet, merge it into tantares.

here's the link i found of the parts: https://github.com/albertovillalobos/sovietpack

btw these are fairly old build but is the latest one, apparently you gotta update it to work with 1.7 since currently it only works with  ksp 1.2.

Sorry I am a little confused, I think everything in that is pretty much in Tantares already? (Few exceptions for sure).

The Bobcat parts were great back in the day but they haven't aged too perfectly as the modding scene has moved on I think.
They are also all rights reserved AFAIK so cannot be re-distributed in any case.

We have the mounts!

iO9il7H.png
7p8ymbC.png

Edited by Beale

4 minutes ago, Beale said:

I don't have the old craft files, but if you have a request for a particular craft I will put together a file for it.

I just need a priority of what people want.

Sweet station!

Sorry I am a little confused, I think everything in that is pretty much in Tantares already? (Few exceptions for sure).

The Bobcat parts were great back in the day but they haven't aged too perfectly as the modding scene has moved on I think.
They are also all rights reserved AFAIK so cannot be re-distributed in any case.

We have the mounts!

iO9il7H.png
7p8ymbC.png

actually all i need is the mir modules .craft files to finish my station, and since bobcats files still have rights on them, are you at least allowed to use it's Priroda module as a reference to make a Tantares version?since its the only module i haven't seen on tantares.

Just now, VaderExMachina said:

actually all i need is the mir modules .craft files to finish my station, and since bobcats files still have rights on them, are you at least allowed to use it's Priroda module as a reference to make a Tantares version?since its the only module i haven't seen on tantares.

Cool, I will look to put the Mir modules together tonight, should be fun. Keep an eye out for them :)

Tantares 18.1

Fixed bug where old control cores were visible.
More TAC configs. Thanks @Marcelo Silveira for his work on this, nice!

Craft files for all major MIR modules. Decently accurate, but not flight tested :wink:

(Mir core module, Kvant-2 and Kvant is in there, I just forgot to take a screenshot :D ).

ZQBvwy5.pngdyE8dF0.pngWXZOF7a.pngNp7nIN8.png

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png
vcOp1Y8.png

5 hours ago, PriusMann said:

@Beale When your gonna add salyut 7 solar panels?

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, . Then it will be made, and not before.

Spoiler

They would be neat.

41 minutes ago, Beale said:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, . Then it will be made, and not before.

So on a Tuesday after a night of [redacted by moderators]