[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

You've done wonderful work on Tantares Beale, ya should be so proud of finishing it. One of the best interpretations of Russian hardware we've ever had :D

Keep on rocking with those future projects :prograde:

VXWJJUy.png

Edited by Daishi

Big thumbs up for everything you have done. Personally speaking this was the second part mod that I installed years ago and liked it very much since. Also this is the single part mod that I kept using since the beginning. For sure, I would not have spent all these hours in KSP without Tantares.

@Beale you should also know that amongst the sea of KSP mods, very few reach the point of maturity that Tantares has reached and even fewer can be considered finished. While a lot of us are kind of mourning over the end of Tantares, we should be celebrating the completion of one of the greatest mod. I hope you enjoy it!

As a side note, my USI Life Support patch for Tantares seems to work well. I don't know if you are going to incorporate it or not, but I hope others will find it useful.

@Beale

Bug compilation (easiest to hardest I think)

- With the addition of thin Soyuz docking ports Mir docking ports are redundant

- Star tracker/Earth sensor part should be in the "Command and Control" category

- "themename = tantares_grenn" prevents soyuz parts from being affected by Tantares Green theme

- Soyuz variant colors in the variant select box do not match

- Poisk hull shows #LOC_ instead of text

- Soyuz pod, Soyuz engines, Poisk adapters, Soyuz adapters, Soyuz decoupler, Soyuz heat shield, Soyuz orbital modules and Soyz parachute lack proper descriptions

- Variants of parts with updated endcaps dont work

- Soyuz LES lacks a bottom

- Thin APAS has the piston things clipping into the base

Edited by Random Annoying Guy

Nice to see that after all these years Tantares is still going on strong. Very happy you finally found a stable release. It's been years since I've played this game (moved to big boy simulation in X-Plane) but I always checked this thread for pics n' memes.

Grazie mille, ho passato un sacco di bei momenti con questa mod (che devo essere sincero era il principale motivo per il quale giocavo).

Ci vediamo su KSP 2 (forse) :)

Edited by trooperMNG

Congrats, Beale! This has been one of my favourite mods and a staple to every one of my career runs. Can't wait for your next project!

As an aside, do you have any plans of adding RemoteTech support for your antennae/dishes? In the past, I relied on my own MM fork to add the necessary modules, until I lost the file in a Windows re-install. I can re-make it, given time, but I'd love a more "in-house" option.

23 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

22 hours ago, Zorg said:

22 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

22 hours ago, CERVERUS said:

19 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

16 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

16 hours ago, KerbalKore said:

16 hours ago, Zoeille said:

15 hours ago, Daishi said:

15 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

13 hours ago, bokrif said:

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

7 hours ago, benjee10 said:

7 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

4 hours ago, BananaDealer said:

2 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

1 hour ago, Stevphfeniey said:

8 minutes ago, Well said:

Many thanks guys! That is very touching. My love to all of you!

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale wanna hang out now that you have free time

source.gif

@Machinique @bokrif @BananaDealer Thank you for mentioning RT. Unfortunately I haven't played with that since the stock system was introduced - so I don't have the knowledge to make a patch. I am planning a bug-fix patch for some issues identified - so if anybody would care to make the patch for RT, I will fold it into the that release.

@Zarbon44 awesome! I will use this for the page!

On 2/10/2020 at 1:03 PM, Beale said:

Tantares 21.0

Well, here we are, (god-willing) the last ever Tantares update.

@beale , I must say - thank you. Its bittersweet to know that there won't be regular updates, BUT - the silver lining is, I can now start a fresh career save and not feel pressured to "hurry" and get stuff done before new parts come out and I get the urge to start over. :-) You've contributed an enormous amount to this community, I hope you realize how much we all appreciate your hard work and dedication. I give you the highest of fives, good sir.

I am happy but sad to see Tantares enter the feature complete state. It has always been an inspiration and your unique, clean art style has been a breath of fresh air every time I look at it!

Hope to see you back for KSP2 dude!

@Beale  Grazie mille signore!

What a ride it was, is hard to express with words how much important your work and dedication means to me. It was a pleasure to add a little to an already wonderful set of parts and to work with your files filled with attention to detail and order.

It's a shame to be so busy now, I hope I can get into add some more soon!

Thanks again.

25 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Love the mod, but to be fair, the only criticism I would make is that the IVAs are too simplistic to say the least even by stock game standards...

Here's the thing with IVAs

Option 1 (my option)

• Put 5 hours work into an IVA.
  • People barely acknowledge them / complain they are too simple.
  • They barely get used.

Option 2 (my option years ago)

• Put 20 hours work into an IVA.
  • People barely acknowledge them.
  • People ask for support for prop-pack-xyz, otherwise the IVA is just no good for them.
  • They barely get used.

I don't want to be rude (IVAs seem to be the classic red rag to part modder), but you should really investigate the challenges in producing a good IVA.
At the end of the day I have a full time job and a family, so I wouldn't bend over double to put the work in for little reward (And in many cases, there's no reward, just further complaints).

If you want IVAs, you seem like a competent guy - start learning, if you are willing to put the hours in maybe you can get exactly what you are looking for :)

I even have a tutorial

</rant>

Edited by Beale

So, my opinion on the Tantares IVAs: They are very simple, which is in keeping with the stock aesthetic. I find nothing at all wrong with them. I use them sparingly, as most people do. My visuals from outside the spacecraft are too nice for me to spend much time in IVA view, and that goes for all mods I play with. I do have one question for @Beale, however. My memory isn't the best, but I noticed some of the Salyut parts no longer change to green as they used to when using the Tantares Green variant. I do remember having a nearly all-green Salyut station, and now it's mostly Default Grey. Was this an intended change?

53 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

So, my opinion on the Tantares IVAs: They are very simple, which is in keeping with the stock aesthetic. I find nothing at all wrong with them. I use them sparingly, as most people do. My visuals from outside the spacecraft are too nice for me to spend much time in IVA view, and that goes for all mods I play with. I do have one question for @Beale, however. My memory isn't the best, but I noticed some of the Salyut parts no longer change to green as they used to when using the Tantares Green variant. I do remember having a nearly all-green Salyut station, and now it's mostly Default Grey. Was this an intended change?

This looks to be a bug, as mentioned I am planning to do one last bug sweep in a week or so, given enough time for people to find issues. So I will fix this then, thanks.