[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Can someone explain why the male/female docking ports don't work? What does this 180 degree increments mean? I can never get two craft to join as one. I'm using 1.9.

Nevermind, I figured it out. 180 rotation had to be set.

Edited by jlangdale

11 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

Just the LFO engines in TantaresLV.

Unfortunately because it is a hydrogen rocket, using liquid fuel is a lot more dense, and makes it much heavier.

We'll see what KSP2 brings to the table, maybe the Energias of the world might get the love they deserve.

I had a good crack at the unofficial Tantares wiki guide today.  Build guides are done for Sputnik, Vostok, Soyuz, Kosmos, Proton, Zenit, Energia & N1 launch vehicles.  Next up will be to finish the spacecraft and landers, and finally the space station segments.  I've left a few questions/requests for input in the issues, so if any Tantares masters fancy providing some input that would be welcome.  And do let me know if you spot any errors!

iv8o9p9.png

So.. i wanted to try this on and give it a go.. but

Spending the last 3 days trying to load crafts included and getting errors of stuff missing.

So i tryed getting this with CKAN, but STILL theres crap missing ... what to that.

Pardon my french, but this is getting fustrating.

What the hell do i need to simply launch a soviet style space program, what mods am i missing ???

Edited by Frandsen
edit

4 minutes ago, Frandsen said:

So.. i wanted to try this on and give it a go.. but

Spending the last 3 days trying to load crafts included and getting errors of stuff missing.

So i tryed getting this with CKAN, but STILL theres crap missing ... what to that.

Pardon my french, but this is getting fustrating.

What the hell do i need to simply launch a soviet style space program, what mods am i missing ???

You could build them from scratch following the instructions on the brand new wiki! :D

But all the craft file in the dropbox link in the OP work fine.  If you've somehow got a bunch of older ones off CKAN then they will have errors because some of the RCS changed names in the last update.  I'll ping some more craft files over to Beale as I build them for documenting on the wiki but for now there are detailed instructions for building most things and reference pics for everything else.

Good excuse to download Restock! (you won't regret it).  But thanks for pointing it out.  It's an easy mistake to make but craft file shouldn't accidentally have dependencies on other mods.  I'm sure Beale will fix in due course (unless I get there before him :wink: )

Thanks Friznit, ive got ckan to instal and running it now... whats whith all the flying cats at start?

... not that i mind cats.. just odd :D

Sidenote: I havent played much kerbal since Bobcat's soviet space program stuff stopped working :O 

Edited by Frandsen
note

8 hours ago, Frandsen said:

Thanks Friznit, ive got ckan to instal and running it now... whats whith all the flying cats at start?

... not that i mind cats.. just odd :D

Sidenote: I havent played much kerbal since Bobcat's soviet space program stuff stopped working :O 

It's Caturday! (nothing to worry about and it's not this mod...)

Странно, но много деталей отсутствует, двигатели союза и т.д.

Translation into standard English: Strange, but a lot of details are missing, union engines, etc.

Edited by adsii1970
Moderator edit to include English translation

On 2/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, danil2001n said:

Странно, но много деталей отсутствует, двигатели союза и т.д.

Translation into standard English: Strange, but a lot of details are missing, union engines, etc.

parts missing? Or general appearance of parts you mean?

Edited by Beale

2 minutes ago, Gunslinger1 said:

I just noticed that the old shenzhou parts aren't in the latest update. Anyone know how I can go about getting those parts back? 

If you click on the Github or SpaceDock links in the OP you can still download older versions that will contain the parts you're after.

Several questions to see if I'm having unique problems or if they are known issues:

1) Androgynous docking ports don't dock. I've tried extending and retracting the bumpers, restarting, etc. Prior posts from others mention similar problems but I didn't see any solutions. Do I need to do anything special to use androgynous ports?

2) Unmanned craft with the Hamal 1 or 2 command modules, plus the Hamal SAS reaction wheel unit, don't allow use of "target" nor "maneuver" SAS. The VAB part text says I should have those modes. Is this a known problem? If not I'll post screenshots and logs.

Edited by DeadJohn
corrected "Hamal RCS" to "Hamal SAS"

On 2/21/2020 at 8:42 AM, Friznit said:

I had a good crack at the unofficial Tantares wiki guide today.  Build guides are done for Sputnik, Vostok, Soyuz, Kosmos, Proton, Zenit, Energia & N1 launch vehicles.  Next up will be to finish the spacecraft and landers, and finally the space station segments.  I've left a few questions/requests for input in the issues, so if any Tantares masters fancy providing some input that would be welcome.  And do let me know if you spot any errors!

It's pretty awesome that you've taken on this pack, too. Thanks for your efforts!

Big coincidence that I was reading about the Venera missions before seeing your post. Would the Molniya launch vehicle fit into your guide anywhere?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molniya_(rocket)

8 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

It's pretty awesome that you've taken on this pack, too. Thanks for your efforts!

Big coincidence that I was reading about the Venera missions before seeing your post. Would the Molniya launch vehicle fit into your guide anywhere?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molniya_(rocket)

I've listed it under Vostok along with some of the other R-7 variants.  My crazy logic being that people would be most interested in building Sputnik, Vostok and Soyuz because they're the most famous ones, and whilst Luna/Voskhod/Molniya/Polyot were all variations along the way, there's a limited amount you can do with the available parts in game - e.g. there's no S1.5400 engine (that I know of) for the Blok-L fourth stage on Molniya, though you could kitbash something with any suitably small vacuum engine.

6 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Several questions to see if I'm having unique problems or if they are known issues:

1) Androgynous docking ports don't dock. I've tried extending and retracting the bumpers, restarting, etc. Prior posts from others mention similar problems but I didn't see any solutions. Do I need to do anything special to use androgynous ports?

2) Unmanned craft with the Hamal 1 or 2 command modules, plus the Hamal SAS reaction wheel unit, don't allow use of "target" nor "maneuver" SAS. The VAB part text says I should have those modes. Is this a known problem? If not I'll post screenshots and logs.

Thanks, I will investigate.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, Frandsen said:

Could anyone hook me up with the craft files for this lovely lady ?

oGfP0ar.png

One of the craft files is "Mir module" which I think is Kvant-2, but I need to do full craft files for the whole thing I think.

I've got craft files I think from your old download that cover Kvant, Kvant-2, Spektr, Priroda, Kristall and the core module.  They need scrubbing for the new part names but I think that pretty much covers it?

Edit: btw when I'm done documenting things I'll chuck you all the craft files to add to the drop box - should be an example of every LV, spacecraft and space station module, give or take.

Edited by Friznit