[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Does the Andromeda VK3 Avionics Package fairing not work or is it just me???

I built a craft, essentially a Vostok with a Stayputnik instead of the crew capsule. I added a HG-5 High Gain Antenna that was "extended" but clipped within the Stayputnik so that only the dish stuck out. I closed that in the fairing of the Andromeda VK3 Avionics Package. But when I launched, aerodynamic forces ripped the antenna off. I built another craft but this time used a Canopis Aeroshell. It did not have the same problem. So it seems that the VK3 doesn't actually protect against aerodynamic forces. Can anyone else test this to see if this is just me or if this is a bug?

15 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I built a craft, essentially a Vostok with a Stayputnik instead of the crew capsule. I added a HG-5 High Gain Antenna that was "extended" but clipped within the Stayputnik so that only the dish stuck out. I closed that in the fairing of the Andromeda VK3 Avionics Package. But when I launched, aerodynamic forces ripped the antenna off. I built another craft but this time used a Canopis Aeroshell. It did not have the same problem. So it seems that the VK3 doesn't actually protect against aerodynamic forces. Can anyone else test this to see if this is just me or if this is a bug?

Maybe it was too close too the edge? I had a issue of hg-5 getting ripped off behind a stock heatshield, it was clipped into it.

Edited by Random Annoying Guy

40 minutes ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

Maybe it was too close too the edge?

Yea, I thought perhaps that but tested a few different designs. Each one ripped off from behind the VK3 but when, using the Canopis (or stock) aeroshell, it did not.

On 3/20/2020 at 1:04 AM, CaptKordite said:

Just got my copy of "Galina Balashova: Architect of the Soviet Space Programme" before Amazon shutdown deliveries. I didn't realize the Soyuz orbital module initial design was like a cozy apartment.

Balaschowa_03.jpg

this sure looks comfy, what does the current version look like?

On 3/26/2020 at 3:56 PM, CaptKordite said:

And another thing. . . the VK3 says it's supposed to have the full suite of SAS controls. Is that the case because it functionally has no SAS at all. Again, is that just me?

7 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

And another thing. . . the VK3 says it's supposed to have the full suite of SAS controls. Is that the case because it functionally has no SAS at all. Again, is that just me?

I don't remember the VK3 specifically, but several accessory parts that are supposed to provide SAS modes didn't work correctly for me.

So whats the secret to using the tantares apas docking system?

I can't get the docking ports to attach. I've tried 50 different (one retracted, neither retracted, both retracted, the 3 plates lined up, the 3 plates interlocked, etc etc) solutions, no-go with everything.

What am I missing?

On 3/31/2020 at 10:30 PM, tjsnh said:

I can't get the docking ports to attach.

I just tested and, with the ring retracted, didn't have any problem.

On 4/1/2020 at 10:35 AM, Thave said:

Accurate Escape Fairings with Grid-fins

I don't know about Escape Fairings but the Grid Fins show up if you select viewing by tech level (I think it's in TL4 or 5).

Edited by CaptKordite

19 hours ago, Thave said:

How can i find “Accurate Escape Fairings with Grid-fins” in my parts library ?I searched for a long time but couldn't find it.

Ermm, because there's no such thing in Tantares. I guess you could probably make something like the Soyuz LES fairing using simple adjustable fairings and the N1 gridfins.

5 hours ago, moguy16 said:

i can't seem to find the N1 grid fins, in the aerodynamics there are only a bunch nosecones

Go to the Tech Level view and you will find a number of old parts such as grid fins that you can't see in any of the other views (like the upgraded parts like the non-shiny stayputnik on the stock game). The grid fins don't have textures but that's not important. They look OK just grey. Some of the other old parts you'll find there, lacking textures, don't look OK. Earlier in the thread there is talk about going to older versions of the mod and copying the old textures into the new folders.

While running some tests to stuff I am working on, I noticed a LOT of logspam related to Tantares, that is created during game load. As far as I can tell it's all related to the deprecated parts which are still included. The majority of those doesn't even compile anymore, so it may be well worth removing them from the release, for the sanity of MM and loadtimes.

Edited by Morphisor

I built a munship, go to mun orbit, collect science, EVA from the habitation module to collect the science. . . and can't store the science in the module. I can transmit it but that doesn't get me all the science points. What do people recommend for transferring the science? I seem to recall some mod being suggested in this thread but can't find the posting. LinuxGuruGamer updated Store My Reports for 1.8 but it doesn't seem to be working on my 1.9.
49734692627_d977af1789_w_d.jpg

22 hours ago, Morphisor said:

While running some tests to stuff I am working on, I noticed a LOT of logspam related to Tantares, that is created during game load. As far as I can tell it's all related to the deprecated parts which are still included. The majority of those doesn't even compile anymore, so it may be well worth removing them from the release, for the sanity of MM and loadtimes.

Yeah in my install I too have a lot of redundant parts - new capsules coexisting with older ones. Maybe the main install folder could use some cleaning.

By the way @Beale ... the soyuz engines now produce the expected amount of dV when combined with their pairing tanks, but a full burn takes like 7 or 8 minutes. Is this right?

Edited by Daniel Prates

On 4/3/2020 at 3:38 PM, Morphisor said:

Thanks. Will do a cleaning house update soon.

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Yeah in my install I too have a lot of redundant parts - new capsules coexisting with older ones. Maybe the main install folder could use some cleaning.

By the way @Beale ... the soyuz engines now produce the expected amount of dV when combined with their pairing tanks, but a full burn takes like 7 or 8 minutes. Is this right?

That sounds quite a while , what size system is it?

7 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

. . . and can't store the science in the module

I was distracted by the Soyuz not having a hatch but I CAN float nearby and stor experiments in the Soyuz module. Good. Though I'd still like to be able to transfer science because, for example, the Soyuz A doesn't have any way to EVA.

2 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I was distracted by the Soyuz not having a hatch but I CAN float nearby and stor experiments in the Soyuz module. Good. Though I'd still like to be able to transfer science because, for example, the Soyuz A doesn't have any way to EVA.

Yeah I kinda miss the old command pods. I had several designs with only it and no habitation module. Now if you want to do IVAs, you must have both. It is more realistic though.