[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Wonderful @Beale

Letting this go is proving to be harder than you thought huh?! Thanks, many thanks.

eh, I always promised to provide bug fixes.I wouldn't expect any content updates - though Well's solar panel patch is very welcomed.

Tantares is now "feature complete"

@Beale have already said that no more IVA are planned, so i've decided to make an optionnal patch to apply existing IVA (From Stock or Tantares) to unfinished IVA.

I've made it for me because i really enjoy to play with Overlay mod and IVA.

SAa2JKZ.jpg

pN44Oah.jpg

JsUobNu.jpg

lbaizUg.jpg

The idea is to have an IVA for every part, but of course windows and numbers of seats and other little detail don't match for all part, that the best we can't do with existing IVA, i still think that a huge imporvement compared to actual unfinished IVA.

Please enjoy and let me know if some parts need to be adjusted.

Download the Tantares IVA Patch

-------------------------------------------

This Second Patch is a Variant, it also replace IVA but add more crew to Tantares parts and set the sciencelab to 6 crew, so all part have a numbers of seat matching the IVA. I play with this one. Test and see what patch is the best for you.

Download the Tantares IVA MoreCrew Patch

I've created a github repo for eventually more patch in the future:

GitHub - Tantares_Patch

Edited by Well

Hey Beale, loving the mod! I finally managed to rendezvous the soyuz with the Zarya module I launched, the only problem is I can't seem to make them dock. I tried pretty much everything that can come to mind. Retracting the probe; keeping it extended; retracting and extending to see if they stick together; lining up the solar panels (thought that might've worked actually lol), the vessels just keep bumping together without snapping. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's just me, or a bug. I have the 21.1 version. Should I just delete it and install the last one?

6 hours ago, Trevor_Grizzly said:

Hey Beale, loving the mod! I finally managed to rendezvous the soyuz with the Zarya module I launched, the only problem is I can't seem to make them dock. I tried pretty much everything that can come to mind. Retracting the probe; keeping it extended; retracting and extending to see if they stick together; lining up the solar panels (thought that might've worked actually lol), the vessels just keep bumping together without snapping. Anyway, I'm not sure if it's just me, or a bug. I have the 21.1 version. Should I just delete it and install the last one?

Did you try using male and female ports?

5 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

Did you try using male and female ports?

Not between male and female ports, not. Just between a male probe and a female docking port. If I remember correctly what I'm trying to snap together is an octans docking port (the one with the extendable probe) and an eridani female docking drogue.

1 hour ago, Trevor_Grizzly said:

Not between male and female ports, not. Just between a male probe and a female docking port. If I remember correctly what I'm trying to snap together is an octans docking port (the one with the extendable probe) and an eridani female docking drogue.

You need to use the same make of docking port for both sides, so Octans to Octans or Eridani to Eridani.  Octans to Eridani won't work, even though they look vaguely similar.

6 hours ago, Trevor_Grizzly said:

All "probe" ports are male , and all "drogue" ports are female , FYI .

6 hours ago, Friznit said:

You need to use the same make of docking port for both sides, so Octans to Octans or Eridani to Eridani.  Octans to Eridani won't work, even though they look vaguely similar.

Yes!!! Thanks dude! I finally managed to dock. Also, I'm not sure if it has already been said, but just in case anyone is having trouble docking with the probe and drogue system. As the gentleman above said, make sure the ports are the same on each side, and also remember to retract the probe, as for some reason if the probe is extended they won't snap (at least that's what happened to me).

8 hours ago, Trevor_Grizzly said:

as for some reason if the probe is extended they won't snap (at least that's what happened to me).

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. IRL the probe acts as a guide until it contacts the drouge. Then the probe is retracted and the two spacecraft are docked.

This system has been used in the past (Apollo, older Soyuz variants) and is still in use today.

Edited by Mountain Parrot

On 5/18/2020 at 3:13 PM, Trevor_Grizzly said:

On 5/18/2020 at 5:13 PM, Friznit said:

I think this is a bug, I'll look to fix.

Edited by Beale

On 4/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, zxzx said:

I was wondering if the newest version of Tantares (V21.1) and TantaresLV (V12.1) work on 1.7.3?I don't want to upgrade my KSP vision

They work on 1.6.1, so why wouldn't they?

On 5/17/2020 at 9:24 AM, Well said:

Tantares is now "feature complete"

@Beale have already said that no more IVA are planned, so i've decided to make an optionnal patch to apply existing IVA (From Stock or Tantares) to unfinished IVA.

I've made it for me because i really enjoy to play with Overlay mod and IVA.

SAa2JKZ.jpg

pN44Oah.jpg

JsUobNu.jpg

lbaizUg.jpg

The idea is to have an IVA for every part, but of course windows and numbers of seats and other little detail don't match for all part, that the best we can't do with existing IVA, i still think that a huge imporvement compared to actual unfinished IVA.

Nice work! You want to include a Soyuz IVA with RPM and ASET support?

wGzpjIx.png

BXvMwGe.png

40 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

Nice work! You want to include a Soyuz IVA with RPM and ASET support?

not in my patch, could be an other patch just for RPM.

Tantares have maybe already one idk ?

With KSP2 delayed quite heftily, appetite for some more work on this? I suddenly have an extra year of time.

Eyes to look at, the oldest stuff:

• Blok-D
  • Fregat
  • Mir
  • N1 (This is a huge rework so no promises).

Quite seriously, if you prefer Tantares stays "finished" speak up now :) I will listen to you.

Mir, old, new, rendered.

tXEn2Sy.jpgAgyinXp.jpgXevwlka.jpg

Edited by Beale

9 minutes ago, Beale said:

With KSP2 delayed quite heftily, appetite for some more work on this? I suddenly have an extra year of time.

Eyes to look at, the oldest stuff:

• Blok-D
  • Fregat
  • Mir
  • N1 (This is a huge rework so no promises).

Mir, old, new, rendered.

tXEn2Sy.jpgAgyinXp.jpgXevwlka.jpg

Just a suggestion/request, but could a revamp be considered for the Proton? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Just a suggestion/request, but could a revamp be considered for the Proton? Thanks!

That's one of the new(ish) rockets, what's do you think needs revamp?

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

Quite seriously, if you prefer Tantares stays "finished" speak up now :) I will listen to you.

This is some good news in rather a hectic time. Given whether it stays finished, I believe is entirely up to yourself. 

Just ensure you have fun whilst working on Tantares!

If you are willing, and of course able to, I would love for an N1 rework. Alongside Soyuz and R7, this is probably commonly used.

Keep up the good work (if you want to!)

Reworking old stuff would be great but adding some new would be cool too if you have the enthusiasm for it.  I'm thinking things like Tsyklon, Dnepr, Start or even Angara would round out the mod nicely!

As an aside, and speaking as a campaign player, it would be nice to have more compatibility patches for things like Life Support and ISRU included where relevant to give the parts more utility in a campaign game.  I've knocked up a bunch for Snacks because I happen to be using that in my latest play through, although I suspect they're not very well-balanced.

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Reworking old stuff would be great but adding some new would be cool too if you have the enthusiasm for it.  I'm thinking things like Tsyklon, Dnepr, Start or even Angara would round out the mod nicely!

As an aside, and speaking as a campaign player, it would be nice to have more compatibility patches for things like Life Support and ISRU included where relevant to give the parts more utility in a campaign game.  I've knocked up a bunch for Snacks because I happen to be using that in my latest play through, although I suspect they're not very well-balanced.

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

If you want to make new stuff, I second Angara. Maybe Soyuz5 (Feniks)? Or the next gen Spacecraft PTK?

I think anything new would have to be pushed back, I think the parts that are getting a little old are really out of place.