[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

9 hours ago, moguy16 said:

btw does anyone know what the free square is? should i change it or what? 

The free_square scaletype is just like the free scale, however, the mass goes by the scale squared instead of cubed. This is ideal for very thin parts like solar panels and whatnot. Take a look at the DefaultScales.cfg and ScaleExponents.cfg files, they have all the parameters used by TweakScale and how they change with the scale.

i've done my research and started working, right now i managed to do the soyuz capsule, 

also i am going to adding the same scales as BDB (0.9375, 1.5, 3.125, etc) cause 1) tantares uses some of them and 2) most of the people who tantares installed also have BDB and it would be nice to have some combatibility  

U6bRvnG.png

enjoy this for now, the top one is the stock scale

40 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

On the topic of revamping, Is there any chance that the N1 gets revamped? 

23 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

It s already been discussed a few pages back.

It's desperately needed, but I don't think I need to say what a huge job it is.

If I had an extra pair of hands it's something more doable. But it's still a long ways off.

At least one part of the N1 will be getting revamped pretty soon, with the new Blok-D

2 hours ago, Beale said:

It's desperately needed, but I don't think I need to say what a huge job it is.

If I had an extra pair of hands it's something more doable. But it's still a long ways off.

At least one part of the N1 will be getting revamped pretty soon, with the new Blok-D

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Who doesnt like a small cute lander? 

en49y6W.png

Leonov is proud!

I mentioned a while back my intention to do away with Grey entirely on parts of craft that should represent "painted metal".
Having a few thoughts on this I'd like feedback on, could go for cream as default:

ltdAWKN.png?width=831&height=610

Tan as default, here compared with cream:

tjStn37.jpg

Dark grey as default:

I6ox2xb.jpg

Edited by Beale

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

I mentioned a while back my intention to do away with Grey entirely on parts of craft that should represent "painted metal".
Having a few thoughts on this I'd like feedback on, could go for cream as default:

I personally think default colours should differ between parts, so cream for FGB, grey/black for Soyuz etc.. Personally I always disliked the boring default grey, so I'd be happy with literally anything else.