[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I have seen an illustration for the DLB moonbase that use a rover as a counterweight for lowering the ramp for the base modules

I've found the illustration I was looking for. It's a digging rig that starts standing on end. It comes with its own little work rover to act as a counterweight to lower the ramp. It then digs a hole and will lower the hab module into the hole. I've seen later illustrations that simply had the modules on the surface and covered over with regolith.
index.php?PHPSESSID=r5hl509cm33elgeqfom6

In KSP, it is looking easier to add wheels to the modules and have them move themselves around. They will need to sit on the surface though. Back in 1.5 there was a mod that covered over it's modules. I wonder if there could be some sort of KAS module to do something similar with any module.

What is the intended replacement for the Eridani 8E4 Power Bank, which has been deprecated?  The Eridani crewed adapter (similar shape but a crew module with windows, different colouration and no EC storage) doesn't look right on the FGB.

16 minutes ago, Friznit said:

What is the intended replacement for the Eridani 8E4 Power Bank, which has been deprecated?  The Eridani crewed adapter (similar shape but a crew module with windows, different colouration and no EC storage) doesn't look right on the FGB.

Oh yikes, that definitely should have EC storage comparable to the old part, and crew control! :)

That's the little node adapter right?

Logged as a bug, I will fix soon as possible.

6 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I've found the illustration I was looking for. It's a digging rig that starts standing on end. It comes with its own little work rover to act as a counterweight to lower the ramp. It then digs a hole and will lower the hab module into the hole. I've seen later illustrations that simply had the modules on the surface and covered over with regolith.
index.php?PHPSESSID=r5hl509cm33elgeqfom6

That's amazing, I really want to try that too

Edited by Beale

14 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Screenshots?hPmPXGO.png

q1OgqMX.png

Can't beat N1-L3, I love it!  especially the sunrise / sunset.

oh lawd he comin along nicely, almost half complete

GAgf8Im.jpg
c2LrdXc.jpg

Apples to apples comparison to the old capsule.

It's a modest improvement, but there's one subtle change that has a huge implication, that I think people are going to love.

0neyEYA.jpg
aeoID3e.jpg

Edited by Beale

14 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Big Gem I mean Big VA!

This must be the work of 『BIG-V』

ICz7Ou7.jpg
pquMhMH.jpg
vnYdeBf.jpg
GW3pmOV.jpg
acijBND.jpg

Spoiler

Yes, this is a real concept, but information is limited.

A modified, lengthened VA to seat 6.

eRHh3wc.jpg

Edited by Beale

Any plan for any uprated N-1 like N-1F and N-1M? I looked at the design it seems like some variant is easily doable with just partswitch on tank andengine to simulate subcooled Kerolox but some variants needs new models like cylindrical tank for extended first stage and hydrolox upper stages and because how Tantares parts are designed and how USSR rocket coloured compared to (re)stock parts I can't just kit bash them

Edited by derega16

17 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Any plan for any uprated N-1 like N-1F and N-1M? I looked at the design it seems like some variant is easily doable with just partswitch on tank andengine to simulate subcooled Kerolox but some variants needs new models like cylindrical tank for extended first stage and hydrolox upper stages and because how Tantares parts are designed and how USSR rocket coloured compared to (re)stock parts I can't just kit bash them

Anything N1 related needs a lot of thought, but as a vague idea I was pretty much only going to do the N1F, it's just too huge to do much more than that.

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, Beale said:

This must be the work of 『BIG-V』

Truly a weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

5 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Who doesn't like a good old TMA.

t3eXjkb.png

That looks amazing! 
On the topic of Soyuz, is it just me, or are the RCS thrusters very OP for a craft of its mass?

Edited by alberro+

21 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Who doesn't like a good old TMA.

t3eXjkb.png

Very nice, @hraban stuff pairs nicely!

15 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I really like the freeze-frame feature of 1.9.1.
50079710917_bb04020f3f_c_d.jpg
https://kerbalx.com/CaptKordite/N2-L3b

Extended LK is rare, you made a really nice job of it!

1QwcnLG.jpg We will finally have this.

84n9FnA.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 7/4/2020 at 3:51 PM, Beale said:

Anything N1 related needs a lot of thought, but as a vague idea I was pretty much only going to do the N1F, it's just too huge to do much more than that.

I looked more on N1 varaints. It seems like to make any varaints also means major revamp the whole N-1 to be more modular atleast seperate tank and engines as current all-in-one method is not optimal for some varaints and deliveratives (N11 and N111 (or N-2 and N-3) is impossible because the engines can't be change to sea level engines). Yeah, it sound like a lot of work todo for you guys for any of N1 related stuff.