[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

35 minutes ago, CaptKordite said:

My PTK-S atop an Angara 1.5.
50093794257_4cc914d59a_w_d.jpg50093561746_29847fc035_w_d.jpg

The rocket was a little noodly on the ascent. Using the grey Tantares 1.5 D tank instead of 2 white C tanks, while less authentic, works better. The R-01209 engine is very quiet compared to other engines. I needed to use both an Alnair LES B and an A to be able to pad abort the dual capsules. It might help to have attachment nodes on the tops of the LES to account for that. I don't understand why the attachment node for the short LES A is set 0.6 meters away from the base.

That's a great build.

Thanks for identifying a few bugs - this is of course a WIP release, I'll resolve those soon. :)

On 7/8/2020 at 8:29 AM, Beale said:

It's very old (2016), so doesn't have the kind of balancing I would give today unfortunately.

Currently in early stages (pre-production I guess) of re-doing this. but got a few decisions on how to make the most of it (One idea is to use 100PPM textures just to make it more manageable).

Right now the N1 is a little smaller than it should be, but too powerful

200PPM vs. 100PPM

NUU64er.jpg

pyJDL1y.jpg

Old and New

hlcPz6H.jpg

Will the engine finally individually swapable? Also can you make jettisonable upper stage skirts seperate part like in bdb's S-II not auto shroud please, I want to make N-11

Edited by derega16

27 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Also can you make jettisonable upper stage skirts seperate part like in bdb's S-II not auto shroud please, I want to make N-11

This is actually completely possible already,  just active the engine instead of staging it :)

You can set a custom action group to do this standardly on launch.

From @Zarbon44

screenshot4263.png

Engines will be separate in future yes, though FYI Restock already has a fantastic NK-33

Edited by Beale

7 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

what launchpad is that with the trench behind it? Not talking about the MLP base and towers, I mean the static everything is sitting on.

That's the Kerbal Constructs'  Kosmodrome.

I moved it from it's original position in the Great Desert to the Woomerang launch site to better emulate Baikonur.
49999322077_88d087a51d_c_d.jpg

42 minutes ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

Somebody needs to do a downscale patch after this gets released

On the new N1?  The old N1 was too small in scale with the Lunar Mission set up.  New N1 will be perfect size.

Also NB4 someone combines new N1 with Saturn V somehow.  Perhaps an N1 with Saturn V side boosters.

Edit:  Why did a bother responding to Random Annoying Guy...

Edited by MashAndBangers

On 7/8/2020 at 8:29 AM, Beale said:

It's very old (2016), so doesn't have the kind of balancing I would give today unfortunately.

Currently in early stages (pre-production I guess) of re-doing this. but got a few decisions on how to make the most of it (One idea is to use 100PPM textures just to make it more manageable).

Right now the N1 is a little smaller than it should be, but too powerful

Actually really glad that you're rescaling it. I thought the size made it really hard to actually find a use for - far. far too powerful for small payloads, but too narrow to mount most heavier payloads. Unless you just wanted to launch like a hundred soyuzes stacked end to end or something (??)