[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

At this point i might as well be a real soviet engineer.

N1-L3

This isn't part of Tantares now in Colors it seems, is it? The variants do look utterly lovely. :) Where is it possible to get these?

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/l3.html

Notice that EVA comes before separation. There's no reason to separate and dock. Apollo had to do that, because crew transfer to LM didn't involve an EVA, they had to connect the tunnel. Since that's not the case here, it doesn't matter what relative orientation the spacecraft are in. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kontakt was designed for one use only, which would allow it to be lighter and less robust.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/lk.html

Ahem^^^

Also, why would they waste fuel to maneuver and turn around when they have to save it for Rendezvous?

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/l3.html

Notice that EVA comes before separation. There's no reason to separate and dock. Apollo had to do that, because crew transfer to LM didn't involve an EVA, they had to connect the tunnel. Since that's not the case here, it doesn't matter what relative orientation the spacecraft are in. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kontakt was designed for one use only, which would allow it to be lighter and less robust.

Ok.

So now my question is how were the LK and LOK connected before separation?  We know there's a fairing around the LK, but I thought it was set up similar to how the Apollo stuff is:  The Crew module sits on the fairing, and nothing connects the crew module to the lunar module directly till they actually dock.

Or was their a door in the fairing that we were never told about?  Oy, wish the Soviets would have kept this data safe xD

10 hours ago, Zarbon44 said:

Back at it again with N1-L5 alike.
j5fuqT1.png

2 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I, too, like ugly rovers.

50291587913_a54a6d10dc_c_d.jpg

I love all my babies equal, even the ugly ones :P

Light rework of the 1MV science parts.

Sharper edge wear + some very prideful Restock variants. If you want them to blend in a little better (or just pretend for a moment they looks as good as Restock's :wink:)

nj1eatn.jpg
0qBW4c7.jpeg

Edited by Beale

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHH7CQSyAJCMz6cCu4UiOVEapLe08wkFOrX1OqRFuBs/edit?usp=sharing

This is the link to a google doc of all of the screenshots of the mission I took. As you can see In some of the pictures I used mechjeb for most of the mission except docking and de orbiting but I feel I did a good job re-creating the mission. I would have used fasa but it is broken in 1.9.1 (apollo csm parts don't show up) so I downloaded BDB and learned it in under an hour and built a replica Saturn 1b from the guide. I didn't use imgur as creating an account requires you input your phone number and I don't like spam. This was a one time mission (we will not negotiate with kapitalists).

Edited by Delta dart

10 hours ago, Delta dart said:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rHH7CQSyAJCMz6cCu4UiOVEapLe08wkFOrX1OqRFuBs/edit?usp=sharing

This is the link to a google doc of all of the screenshots of the mission I took. As you can see In some of the pictures I used mechjeb for most of the mission except docking and de orbiting but I feel I did a good job re-creating the mission. I would have used fasa but it is broken in 1.9.1 (apollo csm parts don't show up) so I downloaded BDB and learned it in under an hour and built a replica Saturn 1b from the guide. I didn't use imgur as creating an account requires you input your phone number and I don't like spam. This was a one time mission (we will not negotiate with kapitalists).

This sounds very cool, but unfortunately the link doesn't work for me :) #

Coming close to completion on the Venera 9 orbiter, just want to throw a poll up on next steps.
There are many options, all of them have some great potential.

lF0e80W.jpg

11 hours ago, Beale said:

This sounds very cool, but unfortunately the link doesn't work for me :) #

Coming close to completion on the Venera 9 orbiter, just want to throw a poll up on next steps.
There are many options, all of them have some great potential.

lF0e80W.jpg

So TantaresSP is being expanded!

AWSOME!

22 hours ago, Beale said:

Something people may want to try.

1. Camera on rotating mount.

screenshot367.png?width=1084&height=610

2. Software to stitch the photos.

unknown.png?width=1440&height=276

Panoramas for days.

Hey beale i did not know if you already knew about this but the spherical heat shield is not very good at well...SHIELDING.

Vital components of my probes (mostly my parachutes) explode INSIDE of the ball could you by any chance make the protection better in an update please?

Edited by Minmus Taster

On 9/4/2020 at 4:26 PM, Minmus Taster said:

Hey beale i did not know if you already knew about this but the spherical heat shield is not very good at well...SHIELDING.

Vital components of my probes (mostly my parachutes) explode INSIDE of the ball could you by any chance make the protection better in an update please?

Can you share an image of your craft, I can't replicate this.

Engine

kL4jRpo.jpeg
IZAcMPS.jpeg
1znbyAg.png?width=1054&height=610
nG1LgwE.jpeg

Edited by Beale

I honestly do not know how to post an image but can give you a description, and PS i am using Restock:

It's a probidyne (How ever you say it:rolleyes:) stayputnik with two batteries on its bottom half and a parachute and a decoupler (Put there to decouple the heavy landing chute so that the probe does not go upsidown upon contact with the ground) on it's top half, put there via cubic octagonal strut, and its encased inside the Venera heat shield parts.

And something i should mention, the protection problems happened while entering from low Eve orbit so i assume that trying to land at interplanetary speeds would just destroy the whole probe.

Good job on the engine by the way:D