[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Hey all! I don't know if anyone else has this bug, but the N1 tanks and engines have pitch black textures and the config names, not english names that the player should see. The same thing happens with what looks like a VA escape tower, just without the black textures. KSP Version 1.10.1, installed the newest version thru CKAN.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:03 AM, baldamundo said:

These are gorgeous! And can't wait to try out the new Zenit.

Minor bit of feedback: the Venera/Amethyst solar panels  seem very delicate at the moment. I'm quite regularly having them stripped off completely when they just get brushed by staged fairings

I'll look at this thanks.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:53 PM, m0useparty said:

Absolutely love these parts, with them and the craft files from Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki I assembled Mir on orbit which was a ball! 

OWH66wL.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/LzuwKYq

Also had the Principia mod installed so low orbit rendezvous were (marginally) more realistic which added another dimension to assembling the station. All modules were launched on their correct rockets from TantaresLV, except for the Docking Compartment where I used a Buran shuttle (stock craft file as I cant build spaceplanes to save my life).

This is awesome! Seriously great to see. Doing it with principia is a cool cherry on top.

15 hours ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

I was just about to update saying that the problem was just an old mod file that I forgot to remove was lurking in my game files

Happy you fixed it :)

15 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Nobody can help you if you provide so little information . What version of KSP ?  What version of tantares ? Log files ?

Please stop diving on posts like this. It is mean spirited and unhelpful. 99% of the time the information you listed is typically irrelevant to diagnosing bugs.

1 hour ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Hey all! I don't know if anyone else has this bug, but the N1 tanks and engines have pitch black textures and the config names, not english names that the player should see. The same thing happens with what looks like a VA escape tower, just without the black textures. KSP Version 1.10.1, installed the newest version thru CKAN.

Hiya, the name bug on the VA engine is fixed for next release, not sure how that slipped through :)

For the N1 parts, are these showing up in the VAB? it sounds like the old deprecated parts that should be hidden (all black textures). You are maybe using a mod that organises the parts list or something?

Currently working on RD-170, but it's not in a state to show yet!
gghe6qC.jpg

Updates soon

jGJBq91.jpg

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Sorry but I have no idea what you re talking about . Is this not standard protocol for helping people diagnose issues ?

For plugins, etc, sure.

9 times of 10 for a simple parts mod like this extensive logs are noisy and of little help. The KSP version number isn't also that important, as support comfortably should run back to v1.6 or so. It's much more helpful to chat with people a little slower to unpick the issue. Asking for logs as a last resort.

The most important part is if somebody comes to this thread looking for help they are not immediately snipped at for "doing it wrong", that helps nobody.

I'm happy to pick support up for issues people bring here. So long that they don't want me to fix their printer.

Edited by Beale

Hi does anyone have any information or can I explain exactly what 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides =

nArcs =
        nCollidersPerXSection =
        useClamshell =
        ejectionForce =

TextureURL =

panelGrouping =
        pivot =
        axis =

baseRadius =
        maxRadius =
        capRadius =
        snapThreshold =

xSectionHeightMin =
        xSectionHeightMax =

edgeSlide =
        edgeWarp =
        noseTip =

UnitAreaMass =
        UnitAreaCost =

stagingToggleEnabledEditor =
        stagingToggleEnabledFlight =
        stagingEnableText =
        stagingDisableText =
    }

means? I have scaled a fairing base, my problem is how I scaled the fairing too.

2 hours ago, msp307 said:

Hi does anyone have any information or can I explain exactly what 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides =

nArcs =
        nCollidersPerXSection =
        useClamshell =
        ejectionForce =

TextureURL =

panelGrouping =
        pivot =
        axis =

baseRadius =
        maxRadius =
        capRadius =
        snapThreshold =

xSectionHeightMin =
        xSectionHeightMax =

edgeSlide =
        edgeWarp =
        noseTip =

UnitAreaMass =
        UnitAreaCost =

stagingToggleEnabledEditor =
        stagingToggleEnabledFlight =
        stagingEnableText =
        stagingDisableText =
    }

means? I have scaled a fairing base, my problem is how I scaled the fairing too.

This is actually a question I’d like answered too. However, I do know how to solve at least some of it.

I do know that you have to multiply the baseRadius and probably maxRadius by the rescale factor, and similarly some values in ModuleCargoBay (to get aero shielding right).

The problem I’ve had at this point is that the fairing panels appear in the right place, but not large enough, if that makes sense. I’ll get a screenie if that would help know which value(s) to change.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:11 AM, derega16 said:

Any chance for 19K? It look pretty kerbal with upside down Soyuz

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/19k.html

I really hate the fact I unironically did this for my Minmus lander way back when and now I gotta go find the save where I built it cause oooh boy it's a... it's quite the thing.

12 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

hey guys, loving the parts but i have one question: any chance we're getting UR-700 sometime in the future?

You could actually assemble one pretty quickly with the parts we already got right now my dude, gotta think with the lego framework here since so many existing parts can easily be reused in different designs. Here let me get a quick example

EDIT:  Scratch that, won't let me post images...

rip

Edited by ArtemisAZ

would you be so kind to write me down a top-to-bottom build guide by any chance? i'm not that creative

1 hour ago, ArtemisAZ said:

You could actually assemble one pretty quickly with the parts we already got right now my dude, gotta think with the lego framework here since so many existing parts can easily be reused in different designs. Here let me get a quick example

EDIT:  Scratch that, won't let me post images...

rip

quote for the last  comment

2 hours ago, bjornadri said:

hey guys, loving the parts but i have one question: any chance we're getting UR-700 sometime in the future?

It's unfortunately a bit too much right now for dedicated parts. But as others has mentioned, you can build something pretty close with existing parts. Hopefully somebody can provide an album or something.

kcGYNYU.jpeg
nIbSb6e.jpg

Da bois
BBEcB91.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

It's unfortunately a bit too much right now for dedicated parts. But as others has mentioned, you can build something pretty close with existing parts. Hopefully somebody can provide an album or something.

kcGYNYU.jpeg
nIbSb6e.jpg

Da bois
BBEcB91.jpeg

thanks for the info!

I see people were talking about 19k...

Spoiler

v53QPyo.png

Just a prototype right now, but I'll probably put something in mission reports once I have the system up and running. Something tells me that it'll be too lightweight for the N1 at JNSQ scale, but there's no reason I can't underfuel that.

The Zenit update is looking excellent, by the way.

54 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

I see people were talking about 19k...

Hide contents

v53QPyo.png

Just a prototype right now, but I'll probably put something in mission reports once I have the system up and running. Something tells me that it'll be too lightweight for the N1 at JNSQ scale, but there's no reason I can't underfuel that.

The Zenit update is looking excellent, by the way.

This is giving me nightmares while I'm still awake.

10 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

This is giving me nightmares while I'm still awake.

You're welcome.

It is incredibly haunted, but I enjoy it. The mission profile would be rather dangerous in real life (although the fact that no one would have to EVA except on the surface of the moon makes it safer than N1-L3 in that regard), but it will probably be interesting to fly. And the 21k tanker could probably be repurposed for other things...