[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

With energia revamp it reminded me something does matryoska-style capsules of LEK and LOK (Energia-Vulkan launched lunar lander, orbiter with soyuz reentry capsule enclose inside bigger crew compartment) possible in KSP? Beside makeshift one with fairing with airlock stick on the side

http://www.astronautix.com/l/lek.html

Edited by derega16

How do I locate the N-1 parts (Engines, decouplers, etc.)? Do they have a common name?

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

RD-33 is the Jet engine that powers the MiG-29.   NK-33 is the Rocket engine. 

I tried searching for the NK-33 in the VAB parts search bar, but it doesn't appear. What are the other ways I can find it?

3 hours ago, AeroSky said:

How do I locate the N-1 parts (Engines, decouplers, etc.)? Do they have a common name?

I tried searching for the NK-33 in the VAB parts search bar, but it doesn't appear. What are the other ways I can find it?

In theory you should just be able to search "N1", in VAB and they will appear, but NK-33 should work also.

It sounds like you don't have TantaresLV installed maybe? That has all the rocket / launch vehicle parts.

8 hours ago, derega16 said:

With energia revamp it reminded me something does matryoska-style capsules of LEK and LOK (Energia-Vulkan launched lunar lander, orbiter with soyuz reentry capsule enclose inside bigger crew compartment) possible in KSP? Beside makeshift one with fairing with airlock stick on the side

http://www.astronautix.com/l/lek.html

I think some people made pretty good ones, you can use the LM descent module as a good base:

23 hours ago, Beale said:

In theory you should just be able to search "N1", in VAB and they will appear, but NK-33 should work also.

It sounds like you don't have TantaresLV installed maybe? That has all the rocket / launch vehicle parts.

Interesting. Where can I get the craft file for the N-1?

Also, I installed Tantares and TantaresLV via CKAN, so it may be that.

Thanks!

Edited by AeroSky

On 8/7/2020 at 11:45 PM, Well said:

Tantares IVA patch is updated to the last version

SAa2JKZ.jpg

https://github.com/AstroWell/Tantares_Patch

Same as before, Tantares_IVA_Patch.cfg use existing Tantares IVA to replace placeholder IVA.

Tantares_IVA_MoreCrew_Patch.cfg use existing Tantares IVA to replace placeholder IVA, but also add more crew to some part to make them "match" the IVA number of seat.

i've made my best to match the shape of all part, but if you really notice something weird let me know

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!

Okay, now do you put it simply in game data or in Tantares folder??

12 hours ago, Dhruv said:

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!

Okay, now do you put it simply in game data or in Tantares folder??

Many thanks,

put the patch file inside GameData Folder, but could also work in tantares folder.

(This patch probably need a little review with the last update, i'm actually really busy)

11 hours ago, Well said:

Many thanks,

put the patch file inside GameData Folder, but could also work in tantares folder.

(This patch probably need a little review with the last update, i'm actually really busy)

Thank you!

Also FYI it works just great in ksp 1.10.1, I've tested it!

11 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

When I try to load the craft files, I get an error that I am missing parts. Any idea why? I also saw I am missing "kOSprocessor", what is this? Thank you.

Just a missing module, you should still be able to click ok and load the craft

32 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Ive been away for a few months, forgive my idiot question - was the N1 removed from tantares LV?

If so, what was the most recent version with it?

The N1 haas been completely redone. Any craft you have with the N1 would have to be rebuilt.

Edited by DJ Reonic
Apparently I can't english.

11 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

The N1 haas been completely redone. Any craft you have with the N1 would have to be rebuilt.

Looks like the parts moved too and/or have new names. I wasn't able to find them at first ... one of the side effects of the incredible growth of Tantares :-)

Also - HOLY SMOKES the new Venera parts are frickin amazing! I give @Beale the highest of fives!!

15 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Looks like the parts moved too and/or have new names. I wasn't able to find them at first ... one of the side effects of the incredible growth of Tantares :-)

Also - HOLY SMOKES the new Venera parts are frickin amazing! I give @Beale the highest of fives!!

Yeah cannot wait for the Mars parts!

Does anybody know what the roll control setup was supposed to be on the Energia-M? I've looked around and can find basically no information about it. None of the photos of the structural mockup have attitude control thrusters or anything. At least not that I've seen.

I suppose I could just use the Polyus RCS pods or something, but I'm still curious what was actually intended.

2 hours ago, Mudwig said:

Does anybody know what the roll control setup was supposed to be on the Energia-M? I've looked around and can find basically no information about it. None of the photos of the structural mockup have attitude control thrusters or anything. At least not that I've seen.

I suppose I could just use the Polyus RCS pods or something, but I'm still curious what was actually intended.

This was really tricky to track down yeah, it used two small vernier rockets at the base:

VIidplZ.jpg

LSuoOfJ.jpg
qcg1hlQ.jpg

Unfortunately these didn't quite make the cut, I might take a second look when doing smerch

1 hour ago, Arturj07 said:

Does anyone know what happened with Russian localisation? If I download this mod, ship parts are on English language even if the game is in Russian.

Unfortunately it fell very far behind as the game was updated (the translator has their own busy life of course!), So it was basically pointless to keep as only a few parts were left translated. I welcome new translations.