[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

The official mascot of Tantares, Tany the Tanystropheus.

kaPC25F.jpeg

Coming soon to a highly detailed Mir IVA near you (would I lie about this? Neve

"Komrade, we have eextra thermal blankets and asbestos from spehse stashon. Make dinosaur for happy snuggles in spehse."

@Bealeso I've found something that might deserve a little attention. As it turns out, a fair percentage of the configs for Tantares have a lower-case 'T' in the author line, while the rest have it capitalized. Its nothing critical of course, but its what caused my patches to fail in some cases since I was identifying parts using the author line and MM needs separate patches for each version of the author. I'm guessing it should be as simple as doing a find / replace in the files in the directory should you decided to fix it as I'm sure I'm not the only one who will ever use the author line to identify the parts in need of patching in the future.

With that said, I've gone ahead and updated my configs to handle both versions of the configs and also done a balance pass to draw down the power consumption of the antenna and convert several to allow on-pad control with an unpowered short-range mode. Anyway, here they are:

Spoiler

//Initial Antenna Pass
//Replaces ModuleDataTransmitter on all parts containing it with ModuleRTAntenna
//BEFORE[RemoteTech] is important because RemoteTech contains a patch which deletes all ModuleDataTransmitter instances without necessarily replacing them
//Note: Most antennas have recieved a 200% range buff to offset RemoteTech's more restrictive standard range model
//If you use the ROOT model in your careers you can either set worldscale to 0.5 or comment out the "@Mode1OmniRange *= 2" line

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[tantares],@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/antennaPower$ 					//Antenna power is essentially antenna range so this utilizes already configured range
		@Mode1OmniRange *= 2 																//Flat 200% buff to antenna range to account for more restrictive RemoteTech range model
		%EnergyCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$					//Draws cost of running the antenna from its packet cost
		@EnergyCost *= 0.01																	//"Passive" mode cost reduced by 90% for normal use
		%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER 
		{
			%PacketInterval = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetInterval$				//Transmitter values drawn directly from previously configured transmitter
			%PacketSize = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetSize$
			%PacketResourceCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive]{}

!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]{},*
}

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Tantares],@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter],!MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/antennaPower$ 					//Antenna power is essentially antenna range so this utilizes already configured range
		@Mode1OmniRange *= 2 																//Flat 200% buff to antenna range to account for more restrictive RemoteTech range model
		%EnergyCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$					//Draws cost of running the antenna from its packet cost
		@EnergyCost *= 0.01																	//"Passive" mode cost reduced by 90% for normal use
		%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER 
		{
			%PacketInterval = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetInterval$				//Transmitter values drawn directly from previously configured transmitter
			%PacketSize = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetSize$
			%PacketResourceCost = #$/MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]/packetResourceCost$
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive]{}

}

//Dish antenna reconfigures
//All ranges and angles are based on best-guess values for mission profile of the part
//Ranges have been increased for interplanetary dishes to account for the more restrictive range model of RemoteTech

@PART[Andromeda_Antenna_*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		@Mode0OmniRange += 50000
	}
}

@PART[bluedog_OAO_antenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		@Mode0OmniRange += 50000
	}
}

@PART[atria_antenna_srf_2_*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		@Mode0OmniRange += 50000
	}
}

@PART[lepus_low_gain_antenna_srf_*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		@Mode0OmniRange += 50000
	}
}

@PART[octans_whip_antenna_srf_*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
	{
		@Mode0OmniRange += 50000
	}
}

@PART[vela_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 90000000
		%DishAngle = 10
		@EnergyCost *= 2
	}

}

@PART[lepus_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 10
		@EnergyCost *= 2
	}

}

@PART[lepus_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 10
		@EnergyCost *= 2
	}

}

@PART[eridani_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 10000000
		%DishAngle = 25
		@EnergyCost *= 1.5
	}

}

@PART[octans_basic_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 4000000
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[octans_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[octans_high_gain_antenna_srf_2]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

@PART[1mv_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%Mode1DishRange = 40000000000
		%DishAngle = 0.1
		@EnergyCost *= 10
	}
}

@PART[4mv_v_high_gain_antenna_srf_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 0.1
		@EnergyCost *= 10
	}
}

@PART[1f_high_gain_antenna_s0_1]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 0.1
		@EnergyCost *= 10
	}
}

@PART[atria_antenna_srf_1*]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] 
	{
		!Mode0OmniRange = DEL
		!Mode1OmniRange = DEL
		%Mode0DishRange = 0
		%DishAngle = 45
	}
}

//Initial Probe Pass
//All probes initially configured with the RemoteTech standard 3km always-on omni antenna to allow for on-pad control

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[Tantares],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[0]],!MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech,!SETIRebalance]:BEFORE[RemoteTech]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleSPU]{}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]
	{
		%TechRequired = unmannedTech
		%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}	
}

Edited by SpacedInvader

15 hours ago, Beale said:

O2nfCHx.jpg
Gj7f58u.jpeg
vrqYoBz.jpg?width=698&height=610

Nice, but will they work in 1.10 or ship with some sort of compatibility patch? Or will they need 1.11.x because of non-backwards compatible ModuleLight and 1.11 inventory system?

On 2/24/2021 at 5:29 PM, Beale said:

It's just a simple prop to get a good human scale for kerbal parts, a little fun practice for making cardboard cutouts also

SeJ7NlN.jpg

Made a kerbal version:
(Yes,  the picture was taken from the 1.10 promo artwork)

jnDvLxN.png

6 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Nice, but will they work in 1.10 or ship with some sort of compatibility patch? Or will they need 1.11.x because of non-backwards compatible ModuleLight and 1.11 inventory system?

To be fair, having a cardboard cutout of a Kerbal would be useful in many situations where I have to judge size. Could you PM me the source?

12 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

To be fair, having a cardboard cutout of a Kerbal would be useful in many situations where I have to judge size. Could you PM me the source?

I haven't made it a part or even a .mu yet, and am also not sure how to do a PM here

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

6 hours ago, Beale said:

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

Mostly done now. Few more things to tweak on Lunokhod.

screenshot303.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot307.png?width=1084&height=610
neptune_2021_3_1_18_25_12_20_a95f36c5.png
screenshot311.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot310.png?width=1084&height=610

I love Tany I must have it, the parts look very well done in game but have notice many of new part appear as cargo bay type, will there be an option or install to disable the cargo only feature on all parts in future releases? (for people not wanting kerbal interaction to assemble vehicles)

https://imgur.com/KPGJrwY

https://imgur.com/KuznAAx

It turn out edit file works wonder for cargo part, Tany seem to enjoy the eclipse on mun! Unfortunately the Луноход module does not play nice with decouplers, so it not detach from assist rocket with out kraken attack..

Edited by OKB-279

12 hours ago, Beale said:

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresSP

Mostly done now. Few more things to tweak on Lunokhod.

screenshot303.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot307.png?width=1084&height=610
neptune_2021_3_1_18_25_12_20_a95f36c5.png
screenshot311.png?width=1084&height=610
screenshot310.png?width=1084&height=610

I test in kerbin. 

It has some problems such as that when I apply the brakes it starts to vibrate and that the wheels do not mark up or down (it took me 3 attempts to get them right) and the cameras do not have nodes.

the rest is excellent and looks very good