[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Wow, incredible!

And this is all configured for RO? Very nice .

Try deleting partdatabase.cfg in your KSP root. Sometimes aerodynamics is corrupted, this will force the game to recalculate.

0ZNowrb.jpeg

Yes they are configured for RO with true to life masses, fuels, fuel amounts, engine configurations, solar power generation and around 30 days of life support for the Soyuz.

In regards to the chute, would the game not just grab the drag cube values from the part configuration?

13 minutes ago, billbobjebkirk said:

Nice! Will we still have the plain round ones though? I found them to be pretty useful for making fake terrain and stuff.

Beautiful and perf

Might be possible, I'll see what UV space I can spare.

12 minutes ago, si2504 said:

Yes they are configured for RO with true to life masses, fuels, fuel amounts, engine configurations, solar power generation and around 30 days of life support for the Soyuz.

In regards to the chute, would the game not just grab the drag cube values from the part configuration?

Amazing!

Re chute: yeah they are initially taken from the part config, but they then get cached in the separate file, sometimes to bad effects. Have to admit I'm not an expert, but the no drag bug has affected me a few times, especially after updates etc

23 hours ago, Beale said:

I would love to, but I don't really know if it's feasible, even with robotics it's a very fine motor operation.

It done modular, people can yse it to create soviet-style robotics!

Luna 17 & Lunokhod 1 (Baikonur)

Luna 17 lander and Lunokhod 1, the first-ever robotic rover, were launched at 10 November 1970, on Proton-K rocket.

BniayY4.png

JrcTkwV.png

zF6u8fR.png

aT9TC26.png

7GG5hnQ.png

2nd stage ignition.

o1CrSIs.png

vF0REcb.png

Jettisoning fairings (KW SAF). Note Blok D.

GskDmwb.png

3rd stage ignition.

7r9BTD4.png

hb1wAtU.png

Entering LEO and jettisoning spent 3rd stage.

J5dq8xa.png

neVKFli.png

Blok D performs TLI.

Bp3TTCp.png

yxUFXGN.png

Blok D stays on for lunar orbit insertion burn - there's enough fuel left after TLI, no need to waste it.

4S0iGFk.png

q8s7bKX.png

Performing insertion burn to polar orbit...

HL4YDfJ.png

...and jettisoning now-empty Blok D.

4dRm2j1.png

Real Luna 17 landed at Mare Imbrium; this one lands at Oceanus Procellarum, south of Suess crater group.

olYQwKc.png

Starting deorbit burn. You can see Suess "triangle" near the horizon.

kyPh9mF.png

Unfortunately, not much spectacular when you get closer.

ExmID8c.png

V6DNoWo.png

LmTIoCl.png

Luna 17 has landed!

DvGAfWJ.png

Deploying ramps.

8tXTf2t.png

Xv8angO.png

Deploying Lunokhod 1.

ztspkc7.png

CAMKkMW.png

C19uUAr.png

Lunokhod 1, doing Lunokhod stuff.

22 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

mmmm not the blue one I see. :P

no, forbidden.

20 hours ago, Phers said:

Are there any plans for kliper?

Not in scope for this, I usually focus only on stuff from the Soviet era, or holdovers from the period (e.g. Mars 96, Mir modules, Zarya).

2 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Is that Ace Combat 7’s JPEG dog I see?

only the finest
3addVBh.jpeg

long requested part, I think this should be very useful

PuW0FrR.jpeg
Wbp6Tqq.jpg
n3dOBIw.jpeg

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

Luna 17 & Lunokhod 1 (Baikonur)

Reveal hidden contents

Luna 17 lander and Lunokhod 1, the first-ever robotic rover, were launched at 10 November 1970, on Proton-K rocket.

BniayY4.png

JrcTkwV.png

zF6u8fR.png

aT9TC26.png

7GG5hnQ.png

2nd stage ignition.

o1CrSIs.png

vF0REcb.png

Jettisoning fairings (KW SAF). Note Blok D.

GskDmwb.png

3rd stage ignition.

7r9BTD4.png

hb1wAtU.png

Entering LEO and jettisoning spent 3rd stage.

J5dq8xa.png

neVKFli.png

Blok D performs TLI.

Bp3TTCp.png

yxUFXGN.png

Blok D stays on for lunar orbit insertion burn - there's enough fuel left after TLI, no need to waste it.

4S0iGFk.png

q8s7bKX.png

Performing insertion burn to polar orbit...

HL4YDfJ.png

...and jettisoning now-empty Blok D.

4dRm2j1.png

Real Luna 17 landed at Mare Imbrium; this one lands at Oceanus Procellarum, south of Suess crater group.

olYQwKc.png

Starting deorbit burn. You can see Suess "triangle" near the horizon.

kyPh9mF.png

Unfortunately, not much spectacular when you get closer.

ExmID8c.png

V6DNoWo.png

LmTIoCl.png

Luna 17 has landed!

DvGAfWJ.png

Deploying ramps.

8tXTf2t.png

Xv8angO.png

Deploying Lunokhod 1.

ztspkc7.png

CAMKkMW.png

C19uUAr.png

Lunokhod 1, doing Lunokhod stuff.

Wow! Awesome mission!

On 5/28/2021 at 7:38 PM, Beale said:

On the subject of parts we needed for a long time, but I was too brain-fogged to make, the main engine:

Lm5X8KC.jpg
XKkAt6E.jpg
9tD8usT.jpeg

zarya neck

GVxwtsV.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Beale said:

The RCS has many weird variants!

FjHTAbW.jpeg

very cool!

Anyone know where I could find the parts to build the originally proposed SPPP for ISS?      I am no so worried about the 4x solar wings as those would take a ton of parts and not work as tracking panels...

I am more worried about the 3 step body of the Module.   Any thoughts?

I am currently contemplating using a TKS with the upper cone replaced with a long structure full of Solar Arrays.   But that is short and fat (with open Girders) and just slapping 8x Zvezda Solar arrays on it.

c89g4XZ.jpg

The Current Status of my "Full proposed+" ISS.    (I didn't unlock the Solar panels for the ROS/DOS modules until much latter than the actual hulls :(

YES that is a Skylab attached (and it will remain so)    HABTech2, Tantares, BDB, and a couple other Station mods (who's names currently escape me since I haven't launched any of their parts) will make up this station.    Due to issues with me controling the various robot arms between SOCKs and Kerbolrise, Most of these modules were launched on Titan or Titan LDC/Delta IV.

I created an "AFT" docking Node in the Russian section (to the right, with a Transtage tug docked currently)  This is because of my contemplated TKS derived SPPP.

Playing  in JNSQ 1.11.2 KSP.

And before it is pointed out, yes the Unity Node is backwards :D    and it is hard to make out but the current Station Escape craft is a Big Gemni on the bottom side of Skylab

1 hour ago, Beale said:

vqvhFss.jpeg

It is like you were reading my mind! :D   The right part is almost exactly what I was going to do to Kitbash the RM-1 and RM-2 nodes for the Russian Segment of the ISS (full build as proposed) (not the quad with the awesome covers but more the body with the "science experiemnts/tanks"   :D

The new parts are looking AMAZING...

7 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

If I understand correctly, there will not be an easy upgrade path for all of your new work? Like the old ones will be soft deprecated with missing textures, etc. but I basically need to exchange all (changed) parts in the game?

Unfortunately yeah there are too many changes to the FGB stuff from more things discovered over the years, more stuff for Mir etc. Some parts will just upgrade, but others will be soft deprecated.

You can best options:

• Hold off install until you're ready to start some things new (Probably best option if you have a lot of existing stuff).
  • Roll with the deprecation, de-orbit stuff with textureless parts (I don't usually have huge attachment to saves so this is what I do).
  • Little GameData surgery to allow you to use old and new parts in parallel. I can't unfortunately support this 1st hand, since it's kind of a bit of work, and bloats the download, but if you know what you're doing it's very easy to be honest.

Kristall telescope thingy

f6woevx.jpg
ZKKA6Mi.jpeg
DrmRHmd.gif

Edited by Beale

Just now, Beale said:

Unfortunately yeah there are too many changes to the FGB stuff from more things discovered over the years, more stuff for Mir etc. Some parts will just upgrade, but others will be soft deprecated.

You can best options:

• Hold off install until you're ready to start some things new (Probably best option if you have a lot of existing stuff).
  • Roll with the deprecation, de-orbit stuff with textureless parts (I don't usually have huge attachment to saves so this is what I do).
  • Little GameData surgery to allow you to use old and new parts in parallel. I can't unfortunately support this 1st hand, since it's kind of a bit of work, and bloats the download, but if you know what you're doing it's very easy to be honest.

Kristall telescope thingy

f6woevx.jpg
ZKKA6Mi.jpeg

this looks amazing! telescopes are extremely cool!

also, will we get a nother color/other colors for the new parts?