[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

19 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

TIL Tanegashima has H-II on display - resting on its side(!) outside, so you can see it on Google Maps. I wish more rocket displays were horizontal.

Anyway:

H-II, launching 9.3 tons (0.1t probe + 9.2t full medium ore tank) to 130km, 35deg circular orbit from Tanegashima (2.5x KSRSS)

Reveal hidden contents

5BK7PmL.png

Unfortunately, there is no H-II-style launch tower in MLP (fully covered with openings for swing arms and umbilicals):

h2_2big.jpg

so I've used Titan III one.

47kTaa9.png

Bug: misaligned plumes on SRBs.

vkdCV5m.png

AC73h4z.png

I've placed a couple of BDB Star 5 separatrons on SRBs. And yeah, that's Tanegashima in KSRSS.

j82rj4y.png

Due to its overall low TWR, it works quite well with MJ's PVG.

V6yFHu4.png

ppCWDBT.png

RqTGJjo.png

PBYAYRY.png

Not sure if bug, limitation or something - where's the nosecap on one of the fairing halves? This is literally the first time I've managed to capture SLF fairing so close to jettisoning moment.

rRJd1jJ.png

aCMtWiD.png

2zC9UF4.png

Due to absence of RCS, this mass is pretty much unmovable with probe's reaction wheels.

Some more feedback:

- Bottom endcap of 1st stage tank - frankly, this looks bad when you place engine mount. The original:

h2_3big.jpg

[/img]

White (as above and below it), no bolts, no visible deepening.

- Balance is pretty much perfect now, IMO. It placed 9.3t to LEO with 600 m/s dV to spare - which likely means it could make it with full 10 tonnes (and if not, you can always put a pair of BDB Castor-2s to create a H-II+ analog). Haven't tried a GEO flight yet, though (this may be quite challenging in KSRSS, depending on your launch site)

- Mod (and rocket) name - not sure about this. "Gemstones" are usually associated with French space program, not Japanese one.

Verniers and bottom plate have been finished now. Second stage have monopropellant fuel.

Now there is a dev thread to discuss further.

3 hours ago, serg1983 said:

does this mod support rss ro ? ,if not, how to redo the parts for rss ro, is there any instructions on this somewhere?

No support for RSS/RO. Don't know of any guides how to do this.

On 8/9/2021 at 2:40 AM, Beale said:

Verniers and bottom plate have been finished now. Second stage have monopropellant fuel.

Нет поддержки для RSS-КАНАЛ-КАНАЛ/РО. Не знаю ни одного руководства, как это сделать.

Существует мод для RSS, который позволяет стоковой ракете выходить на орбиту RSS.

Вот этот мод

[Moderator added translation]
There is an RSS mod that allows a stock rocket to enter RSS orbit.

This mod

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

On 8/8/2021 at 8:40 PM, Beale said:

No support for RSS/RO. Don't know of any guides how to do this.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:47 PM, serg1983 said:

does this mod support rss ro ? ,if not, how to redo the parts for rss ro, is there any instructions on this somewhere?

Hey, I'm currently wokring on RO configs but it's gonna take some time once they're done I'll share them there on comments and also in RO PR. :)

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Could thermal blankets please be added to the Mir core/Zvezda and Kvant parts, and all three colours of thermal blankets (tan, gray, green) be added to the Salyut 6/7 and new FGB parts?

I think this is partly done in the current master on github, so will be likely in the next release. I have seen a few people already playing with the new parts. You could give it a try as well.

4 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Could thermal blankets please be added to the Mir core/Zvezda and Kvant parts, and all three colours of thermal blankets (tan, gray, green) be added to the Salyut 6/7 and new FGB parts?

This is being done, but hasn't been released like chris-kerbal said. Wait a little bit, or download the dev version. 

7 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

5 hours ago, chris-kerbal said:

I think this is partly done in the current master on github, so will be likely in the next release. I have seen a few people already playing with the new parts. You could give it a try as well.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

This is being done, but hasn't been released like chris-kerbal said. Wait a little bit, or download the dev version. 

Guys, these things listed above aren't really  in this update (Dev GitHub version or up-to-date), nor planned to be in this update.

Not sure where you're getting this information from - but I have no plans to redo Mir, Kvant or Salyut 6/7.

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

Guys, these things listed above aren't really  in this update (Dev GitHub version or up-to-date), nor planned to be in this update.

Not sure where you're getting this information from - but I have no plans to redo Mir, Kvant or Salyut 6/7.

Oh, oops. I misread their post. I thought they meant the Aquila parts not the Eridani parts. I apologize.

4 hours ago, Beale said:

Apollogies, I wasn't very clear in my original post. I meant just adding thermal blanket textures to the cream parts of Mir and Kvant, and unifying the colours of all the parts with thermal blankets.

nU75dKL.jpg

For anyone who really wants a proper Soyuz launch escape system, I've found that the new terminate-anywhere feature of fairings works nicely. You can connect a fairing to another fairing too, so it shouldn't hurt aerodynamics. Now all we need is appropriately-sized deployable grid fins.

44 minutes ago, Beale said:

DuUfehT.jpeg
yUvSmzE.jpeg

d5a.jpg

Finally a proper Sputnik 1 that isn't almost 4x the correct diameter! Can't wait to visually demonstrate to myself just how horribly oversized a Sputnik launcher is for its payload. Will there also be a dog carrier that we can stick underneath to make it Sputnik 2?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Finally a proper Sputnik 1 that isn't almost 4x the correct diameter! Can't wait to visually demonstrate to myself just how horribly oversized a Sputnik launcher is for its payload. Will there also be a dog carrier that we can stick underneath to make it Sputnik 2?

Naaah not gonna do sputnik 2, not really onboard with that given the history.

Might do Object D or whatever, but there are also better probes incoming I think, stay tuned :wink: