[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, bjornadri said:

hate to ask another question, but how am i supposed to mount the sputnik sattelite to the sputnik rocket? i've looked up and down the manual but can't find anything on the matter...

There isn't part or function that facilitates that, what I like to do is take structural pieces and make a small tower, place the Sputnik on top of those parts & then cover it with a fairing.

14 hours ago, bjornadri said:

hate to ask another question, but how am i supposed to mount the sputnik sattelite to the sputnik rocket? i've looked up and down the manual but can't find anything on the matter...

This way is more realistic with FL-A10 adapter and two Zircon decouplers.

Spoiler

QdLnNRdqtL_pCiPfC5mnC47Dn7mOYgzdOi4iy78p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:38 AM, Friznit said:

I'll happily add anything that can be built out of Tantares parts (or with a reasonable amount of stock parts augmenting it).

If it needs other mods or tweakscale I'll need details on how to recreate it and can list in the "other (non Tantares)" bit. It would certainly be cool to round out the wiki with a complete set of Soviet/Russian/Ukraine rockets.

Update on the UR-900 Construction Kit??

35 minutes ago, donnager fan said:

Update on the UR-900 Construction Kit??

@Zarbon44too busy making Star Trek ships to send me a craft file.  I'm pretty clueless so without his help I can't write it up on the wiki.  (Same detail on the ISS Nauka module, though that looks a bit more straight forward.  To be fair I'm well overdue another Tantares career playthrough ).

@Beale I'm getting a few errors and glitches when using the Priroda radar. 

Firstly, when I right click on it, the menu comes up, but it's glitched: 

Txll9N3.png

When that happens, the log is flooded with this message: 

[EXC 02:01:25.080] InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    BaseField`1[K].GetValue[T] (System.Object host) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionFloatRange.GetFieldValue () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionFloatRange.Setup (UIPartActionWindow window, Part part, PartModule partModule, UI_Scene scene, UI_Control control, BaseField field) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionWindow.AddFieldControl (BaseField field, Part part, PartModule module) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionWindow.CreatePartList (System.Boolean clearFirst) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionWindow.UpdateWindow () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionController.UpdateActiveWindows () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionController.UpdateEditor () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionController.Update () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Full log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3xjjs8ji17gfcw/KSP.log?dl=0

I tried taking a look at the config file to see if I could spot anything wrong, and the only thing that sticks out to me is that you left 'activeAnimationName' blank. Not sure if that would cause any problems or not. 

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimationGroup
        deployAnimationName = aquila_sensor_synthetic_aperture_radar_srf_1_deploy
        activeAnimationName = 
        deployActionName = #autoLOC_6001485 //#autoLOC_6001485 = Activate
        retractActionName = #autoLOC_6001957 //#autoLOC_6001957 = Deactivate
        deployActionName = #autoLOC_6002387 //#autoLOC_6002387 = Deploy <<1>>
        retractActionName = #autoLOC_6002388 //#autoLOC_6002388 = Retract <<1>>
        toggleActionName = #autoLOC_6002389 //#autoLOC_6002389 = Toggle <<1>>
        moduleType = #autoLOC_7001229 //#autoLOC_7001229 = Scanner
    }

Oh, and after the glitch above with the right click menu happens, it disables the right click menu entirely, I have to back out of the VAB and go back in. 

Edited by GoldForest

I know that the mod is licensed ARR, but I was wondering if a small exception could be granted for copying small sections of part configs. I'm working on a "Stockalike Realfuels" project, where I utilize module manager patches to convert LFO engines to realistic fuels, such as Kerolox or Hydrolox. For most of the config this works fine, but for nozzle glow I ran into trouble getting the glow functional. I discovered that seemingly the only way to get nozzle glow to work was by copying the section dealing with glow from the original part file and inserting it into the patch. With most mods there isn't an issue with this, as the license allows for it, but I'm unable to release configs for Tantares because of this. I could add nozzle glow using Waterfall, but that would mean the glow isn't there when WF isn't installed.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to attempt a Tantares UR-700 moon mission in 2.5 scale KSRSS, and after doing some testing I succeeded. Due to the lack of a RD-270 engine in Tantares, I rescaled the stovstorm to 2.5m, converted it to run on hypergolics, lowered it's ISP to 320sec, and uprated it's thrust to 1650kn (25% IRL thrust) to make it into a RD-270 analogue. It just barely has enough thrust to lift the rocket, with a TWR of 1.03!

ExcDBCU.png

d7US4nA.png

ksaFOzI.png

TBsYn7u.png

e7B96Ib.png

The third stage kicks in to send the LK-700 onwards to the Moon.

bLn1M4n.png

TT7jnc0.png

The fourth stage enters lunar orbit.

SXMCTWu.png

G8rrUcr.png

AeCLWGo.png

Another success for the Soviet Union!

Edited by coyotesfrontier

On 10/22/2020 at 6:13 PM, Zarbon44 said:

My old Kitbashed UR700A, refined a bit, adjusted, and now looks great! Had to use Restock MainSails as the main engines, but they are NK33s, not RD270.

ObRkjYa.png

dbv4iFV.png

ZLGl8Ch.png

quJR8RP.png

jx7ww0D.png

BAYbY1u.png

Thanks for the pics im trying to figure out how the boosters and Stage 2 go

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, tinyspy44 said:

Are there any plans to make the Voskhod airlock jettisonable? Also making the capsule a 3 crew spacecraft as it was instead of 2 crew members. Apologies if this has been inquired about previously.

Those things are easily done either by editing the .cfg files directly or through Module Manager. If you don't know how to do it you can go to these treads and ask for help:

18 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Those things are easily done either by editing the .cfg files directly or through Module Manager. If you don't know how to do it you can go to these treads and ask for help:

Dunno bout the 3 crew one, they won't show up in IVA and must be EVAd by clicking the hatch. Their portrait also won't show up. To fix this, you'd have to redo the IVA, but if you're fine with the above bugs, then MM can do it. As for the decopuler module, I'm not sure. It should probably work out fine, as long as there are no requirements for the decoupler module in the part's model.

Edited by SkyFall2489

15 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Dunno bout the 3 crew one, they won't show up in IVA and must be EVAd by clicking the hatch. Their portrait also won't show up. To fix this, you'd have to redo the IVA, but if you're fine with the above bugs, then MM can do it. As for the decopuler module, I'm not sure. It should probably work out fine.

This should work fine for @tinyspy44 I believe. What do you think?

Spoiler

//For the jettisonable airlock (Don't remember the exact names of the parts)

@PART[xxxxxx]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        ejectionForce = 100
        menuName=Decouple
        stagingEnabled = true
        stagingEnableText = Decouple Not Staged
        stagingDisableText = Decouple Staged
        explosiveNodeID = bottom
    }
}

//For the crew and IVA

{
  @CrewCapacity = 3
     @INTERNAL
     {
        @name = Mk1-3 // The stock Mk1-3, you can change it to whatever IVA you want If missing 1 crew portrait annoys you
     }
}

8 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

Hide contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        ejectionForce = 100
        menuName=Decouple
        stagingEnabled = true
        explosiveNodeID = bottom
    }
}

//For the crew and IVA

{
  @CrewCapacity = 3
     @INTERNAL
     {
        @name = Mk1-3 // The stock Mk1-3, you can change it to whatever IVA you want If missing 1 crew portrait annoys you
     }
}

That should do it, as long as the airlock is attached by a node named "bottom". It might not be.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, Forked Camphor said:

Hide contents

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDecouple
        ejectionForce = 100
        menuName=Decouple
        stagingEnabled = true
        explosiveNodeID = bottom
    }
}

//For the crew and IVA

{
  @CrewCapacity = 3
     @INTERNAL
     {
     }
}

17 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

That should do it, as long as the airlock is attached by a node named "bottom". It might not be.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:00 AM, tinyspy44 said:

Are there any plans to make the Voskhod airlock jettisonable? Also making the capsule a 3 crew spacecraft as it was instead of 2 crew members. Apologies if this has been inquired about previously.

explosivenodeid = attach should do it.

No plans to change voskhod soon. Maybe in KSP2. The 2 seats are for gameplay purpose (so you upgrade to soyuz :) )

TantaresLV Version 15.0

Thanks for feedback, now includes Tsyklon rocket.

The Tsyklon rocket is a product of Ukraine [snip]

DBkchqy.jpeg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Outline_of_Ukraine.svg/1200px-Outline_of_Ukraine.svg.png

Download Links

You need B9 Part Switch for all Tantares mods.

B9 Part Switch

TantaresLV - GitHub
(Launch Vehicles and Upper Stages)

TantaresSAF - GitHub
(Simple Adjustable Fairings)

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator