[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 7/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, Beale said:

TantaresLV Version 15.0

Thanks for feedback, now includes Tsyklon rocket.

The Tsyklon rocket is a product of Ukraine [snip]

DBkchqy.jpeg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0f/Outline_of_Ukraine.svg/1200px-Outline_of_Ukraine.svg.png

Download Links

You need B9 Part Switch for all Tantares mods.

B9 Part Switch

TantaresLV - GitHub
(Launch Vehicles and Upper Stages)

TantaresSAF - GitHub
(Simple Adjustable Fairings)

Highly based. 
Thank you for the great work, even during your “retirement”!

8 hours ago, billbobjebkirk said:

I suspect we're only seeing this because the parts have already been modeled, I'd be more hopeful of seeing the revamped APAS-75

I meant like would they start working on Mir 2 Parts After This

5 hours ago, soyuz 33 said:

I meant like would they start working on Mir 2 Parts After This

I think Mir-2 is on hold until KSP 2 launches. Don't think we'll get much more until Tantares 2.0 (Not what it's called, just what I'm calling it.) for KSP 2 comes out. IIRC, quite a few big updates for various mods from various creators have been put on hold because of KSP 2 and everyone wanting to transition to the new game.

Edited by GoldForest

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I think Mir-2 is on hold until KSP 2 launches. Don't think we'll get much more until Tantares 2.0 (Not what it's called, just what I'm calling it.) for KSP 2 comes out. IIRC, quite a few big updates have been put on hold because of KSP 2 and everyone wanting to transition to the new game.

Call it Tantares Mark II

and it is als possible that KSP 2 is slightly less moddable

Just now, Galileo chiu said:

Call it Tantares Mark II

and it is als possible that KSP 2 is slightly less moddable

I doubt it's less moddable since "More modability" has been the biggest selling point. If you're talking about that system they implemented (Forgot what it's called), they confirmed it can be bypassed and doesn't need to be used IIRC.

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I doubt it's less moddable since "More modability" has been the biggest selling point. If you're talking about that system they implemented (Forgot what it's called), they confirmed it can be bypassed and doesn't need to be used IIRC.

Oh ok, I'm still not buying it, maybe the system would allow KSP 1 mods to be played with KSP 2 and the reverse would be true

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

1.5m diameter?

naaaah that would be way too big.

2.2m * 0.625 = 1.375m

–> both 1.25m and 1.5m have a 0.125m error in diameter, so may as well choose the size that's standard and well supported.

A future Soyuz booster (KSP 2 territory), would use the larger size, as that works well for the fairings.

12 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Will it come with rcs thrusters for reentry control?

yeee probably.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:46 AM, Galileo chiu said:

Oh ok, I'm still not buying it, maybe the system would allow KSP 1 mods to be played with KSP 2 and the reverse would be true

Yeah, backwards-compatibility sounds very unlikely. Forwards-compatibility even less so.

On 7/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, GoldForest said:

@Beale Any word on that bug I found?

Oh yes, this is fixed in my local copy and will be in the next release. many thanks.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, Tangle said:

Yeah, backwards-compatibility sounds very unlikely. Forwards-compatibility even less so.

Tantares will be developed from scratch for KSP 2 :) The first steps would be... idk, creating a soyuz capsule or something.

Rsr1QnQ.jpeg
LbnJw1E.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Beale said:

Oh yes, this is fixed in my local copy and will be in the next release. many thanks.

Tantares will be developed from scratch for KSP 2 :) The first steps would be... idk, creating a soyuz capsule or something.

Rsr1QnQ.jpeg
LbnJw1E.jpeg

Glad to hear it! 

Also, those look good!

Also, you need a rocket before you can launch a capsule. I would suggest making R7/Soyuz rocket first before the Soyuz spacecraft.

Edited by GoldForest

42 minutes ago, Beale said:

Rsr1QnQ.jpeg
LbnJw1E.jpeg

will this soyuz still be for tantares 1 (aka for ksp 1)?