[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I love these parts - they improve the game so much.

I am having a significant problem though. Most of the Tantares capsules aren't working properly - if you have Kerbals in them, they don't appear in the window view bottom right (the EVA/IVA view bit).

Is this known? Means I can't get Kerbals out once they're in. I've done this on a clean install with only Tantares and Tantares LV, on Win 8.1.

Specifically, the capsules are:

TK-DC03A

Almach Ballistic

V-C05 Operations Block

V-C2 Operations Block

V-C3 Operations Block

Spectre Crew Capsule

Maybe others too, haven't checked. Is this just because there's no IVA view, or by design (as in, there's no airlock)?

... in meanwhile, just add

INTERNAL

{

name = Placeholder

}

to all those pods without IVAs (the same way used in 0.90 to see crew on mk.3 Shuttle cockpit) to see kerbals on the crew windows...

I do it on my self editing any pod I found missing of internals

Well... I brought some more screenshots. This time from DMP, where me and VenomousRequiem are playing an international joint program with Soviet and US styled crafts. We have this little "Unity" Joint space station built with Tantares goodness:

xnfadw2HYxs.jpg

Core module - "Unity" by VR; Soyuz, small "Sigma" shuttle and "Buran" (who brought the "Burya" lab module with a Clampotron/APAS docking port for American ships) by me.

Now, after the Buran flight VenomousRequiem decided to make a US space shuttle... It didn't turned out well on the maiden flight (my very first Burans also failed, though), so I was documenting the emergency landing from my MiG-15 jet:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Safe and sound the crew landed near the runway!

Edited by Niemand303

Well... I brought some more screenshots. This time from DMP, where me and VenomousRequiem are playing an international joint program with Soviet and US styled crafts. We have this little "Unity" Joint space station built with Tantares goodness:

http://cs625124.vk.me/v625124511/2c5f9/xnfadw2HYxs.jpg

Core module - "Unity" by VR; Soyuz, small "Sigma" shuttle and "Buran" (who brought the "Burya" lab module with a Clampotron/APAS docking port for American ships) by me.

Now, after the Buran flight VenomousRequiem decided to make a US space shuttle... It didn't turned out well on the maiden flight (my very first Burans also failed, though), so I was documenting the emergency landing from my MiG-15 jet:

http://imgur.com/a/dZnje

I didn't know that running DMP with parts mod is possible, is it difficult ?

Your mission reports are always really cool, seeing a mig 15 next to a buran would have been possible for this kind of mission ? As the mig 15 is way older than the buran, still they are both two magnifiscient and legendary soviet crafts :)

Can I have a view of your buran's engines? I am trying to recreate one aswell :) Here is what I have done so far, at least the shuttle responds well and is manoeuvrable, at least with respect for a shuttle.

5O8LwVX.png

A little view of the kerbals mess inside

gjZLY7F.png

Small edit I just realised that I went offtopic, apologizes, focusing on tanta now :)

As anybody else experienced this bug with the gemini chute?

http://i.imgur.com/xOENFk0.png

Also Gemini Aegena (or something like that) mission!

http://i.imgur.com/FMcwzM5.png

Yep, but thankyou for confirming I'm not the only person to experience it.

Still playing, but it seems copying stock Mk16 will fix it (Thanks anonymous tip!).

Nice Agena! :cool:

http://cs625124.vk.me/v625124511/2c5f9/xnfadw2HYxs.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/dZnje

I didn't know that running DMP with parts mod is possible, is it difficult ?

Your mission reports are always really cool, seeing a mig 15 next to a buran would have been possible for this kind of mission ? As the mig 15 is way older than the buran, still they are both two magnifiscient and legendary soviet crafts :)

Can I have a view of your buran's engines? I am trying to recreate one aswell :) Here is what I have done so far, at least the shuttle responds well and is manoeuvrable, at least with respect for a shuttle.

http://i.imgur.com/5O8LwVX.png

A little view of the kerbals mess inside

http://i.imgur.com/gjZLY7F.png

Small edit I just realised that I went offtopic, apologizes, focusing on tanta now :)

DMP is this stable? :)

Really nice shuttles to you both! I'll need to steal the designs.

Long time no see! :cool:

Nice lander, is that the OMSK Luna?

I'm going to lay off updating the configs for a few days, as the current state of 1.0.2 and the aerodynamics (Which the latest hotfix has much damaged IMO) has

So I think best to wait until the aero is "finalized". :)

And I'm finishing my damn thesis, so I will be grumpy.

Here's Beta for ARIANE

(ariane translates to "breadcrumb"? It's fate!)

c89342a083.jpg

Edited by Beale

Very nice, Beale! Once again!

And while Niemand is off publicizing my failures, I want to say that at least it was a pretty looking shuttle!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And trust me, the shuttle is good, but you don't want the launcher. :P

Also, yes, Niemand and I have played for at least a couple hours a day for the past bit. DMP for 1.0 is a lot more stable than I expected. But I'm not complaining!

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Ok, I see people talking about how Overpowered the launchers are, I'm not seeing it on the Soyuz. Even after my earlier problem of having the engines swapped, I'm having a problem getting things orbital. Standard Tantares Soyuz spacecraft, used one of the craft files on the front page. When the boosters drop off, I've still got over 2 minutes of fuel left in the sustainer stage, and not enough speed built up to keep ascending until the upper stage lights. Does the Soyuz require a shallower ascent? I've been using Mechjeb, and setting the profile at a 65 degree angle, leveling out at 70km.

The Proton on the other hand, has been driving me crazy because it's flipping mid flight. I'm pretty sure I have it pinned down to atmospheric drag, and have a much steeper and ascent profile, with less manuevering down low, and throttle down to 75-80% power through maxQ to keep the booster stage from "fishtailing" under 12km. After about 15 attempts, I finally managed to get another Mir module into orbit, only to accidently stage too early and have to revert the flight.

Beale I can't find your CLV parts ingame, I got the right folder in tantares LV ( unzipping it will give a CLV folder inside another one named CLV, that confused me first time I launched KSP ) Is this a normal issue ? How may I use your ariane Beta ?

Ghostshark27 -> I hope my PM could help you a bit :)

Be sure to make the most gentle curve and extent possible until the rocket is held back by the atmosphere especially with the proton, I keep my trajectory straight until I reach 23km for every booster :)

Edited by spacecookie

Beale I can't find your CLV parts ingame, I got the right folder in tantares LV ( unzipping it will give a CLV folder inside another one named CLV, that confused me first time I launched KSP ) Is this a normal issue ? How may I use your ariane Beta ?

Because this is not parts - this is a models WIP. Don't know why Beale released them (probably by accident).

I̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶u̶t̶t̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶u̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶

Ok, I see people talking about how Overpowered the launchers are, I'm not seeing it on the Soyuz. Even after my earlier problem of having the engines swapped, I'm having a problem getting things orbital. Standard Tantares Soyuz spacecraft, used one of the craft files on the front page. When the boosters drop off, I've still got over 2 minutes of fuel left in the sustainer stage, and not enough speed built up to keep ascending until the upper stage lights. Does the Soyuz require a shallower ascent? I've been using Mechjeb, and setting the profile at a 65 degree angle, leveling out at 70km.

The Proton on the other hand, has been driving me crazy because it's flipping mid flight. I'm pretty sure I have it pinned down to atmospheric drag, and have a much steeper and ascent profile, with less manuevering down low, and throttle down to 75-80% power through maxQ to keep the booster stage from "fishtailing" under 12km. After about 15 attempts, I finally managed to get another Mir module into orbit, only to accidently stage too early and have to revert the flight.

The flipping will be the 1.0.2 aerodynamics, they suck completely as I am discovering (I'm not adding fins to my rockets, they shouldn't need fins!).

As for the general feedback, many thanks. It seems there are some TWR issues with the Soyuz rocket in particular.

I'm the only one having problem with the parachute?The Tantares one does'nt work.They deploy but the ship does'nt slow down.

Try deleting the partdatabase.cfg from the KSP root directory :)

Okay thanks for the tip :)

Okay!

Yes I accidentally uploaded the working models folder for Ariane :D

Here is the in-game parts!

Apologies!

Okay, L'Ariane. 1.0.2, 20-ton NRAP.

kk2zNO5.jpg

First of all: it's TOTALLY overpowered, especially boosters. Its ASL TWR is almost 3(!) at 100% thrust. I've tweaked boosters to 50%, and the engine to 80%. In such config, it flies very nice and smooth - no flips and such (at least with this ascend profile).

With 20-ton NRAP, it lacks about 500 m\s dV for 100x100 orbit - shouldn't be a problem if you have an upper stage (I think Blok-D would make a perfect match!).

Anyway, it's a very good rocket, especially useful for light but wide payloads.

Small bug(?): boosters tend to collide after separating.