[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

yepee :D many thanks for the update ! :)

Many thanks!

The album could use a picture of these panels on some kind of MIR module replica nudge nudge :wink:

I want Yuri Kerman )

I could swear I've had a Yuri Kerman...

But I have the habit of editing the names by the persistent file sometimes.

Thanks man, and also keep up the good work, you and Beale are both amazing at this stuff! One last question though, can you tell me the parts I need to make the mir core, from the pictures of your old craft I can figure out spektr and the kvants pretty easily, but the mir core module is really stumping me. Once again, thank you so much!

I'll assume you're either talking to me or spacecookie, or biohazard. Make sure you quote or mention by name the person you're addressing.

For the Mir Core model, you need to attach a 6-way node to the smaller end of the Vega station core. I would use an adapter in between the node and the core module to smooth out the shape, and make the size change more gradual. Beale is working on a revamp for the Mir node, so I wouldn't get too attached to whatever you build. For the solar panels, use the new ones he just released, and then use a standard Gigantic XL panel scaled down to about 75% as the dorsal solar panel. With the TweakScale configs I put out, you can change the size of the 6-way node from .625, to .9375, or to 1.25. The rest is up to you. Greeble it up! I'll be pushing out an update as soon as I can. I've got about 3/4 of them revamped with new parts and what-not.

BTW, it saddens me that they hadn't added some Russian male names. Billy-Bob is a nice nod to all the rednecks out there, but I want Yuri Kerman and German Kerman! (German Kerman. Hehe, that's a great name! Do want!)

I miss Dildo Kerman :(

Beale, what a coincidence, I just opened a new KSP session :cool: you will have pictures soon :)

I want you to know that I was in school when I read that, and I laughed really hard.

Hope no one made you reflexions, it would have been hard to explain..

Beale I really like your IGLA so far, Any picture of the other dish that work as part as the IGLA and look like a yoghurt ? :)

Aaand.. MNP 2.

g4cWgMS.png

edit: I know my station isn't accurate especially for the solar arry, I like them better that way, a pair in both sides :)

http://imgur.com/a/eZ9o6

Edited by spacecookie

Beale I really like your IGLA so far, Any picture of the other dish that work as part as the IGLA and look like a yoghurt ? :)

Aaand.. MNP 2.

http://i.imgur.com/g4cWgMS.png

edit: I know my station isn't accurate especially for the solar arry, I like them better that way, a pair in both sides :)

http://imgur.com/a/eZ9o6

Wow!

You deliver very much!

Yeah that goes straight in Album! :)

IGLA textured.

dcec2a31e5.jpg

9c6a58dd86.jpg

d1d8713fb4.jpg

2770cb5c4e.jpg

ba04c1cc4e.jpg

Great work on the IGLA!

A literal Moon race? :)

Very nice, I'd like to see more!

With a little "(Ker)man versus machine" thrown in for good measure. So far the successful manned Mun landings belong to the Russian-style designs. The other team's attempt didn't go so well, as shown in one of Valentina Kerman's EVA photos...

hCtmcyp.png

[Fair disclosure: I've successfully flown the LEM countless times, but this was the first in 1.x with an overly ambitious plane change prior to descent. Old-fashioned pilot error!]

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Great work on the IGLA!

With a little "(Ker)man versus machine" thrown in for good measure. So far the successful manned Mun landings belong to the Russian-style designs. The other team's attempt didn't go so well, as shown in one of Valentina Kerman's EVA photos...

http://i.imgur.com/hCtmcyp.png

[Fair disclosure: I've successfully flown the LEM countless times, but this was the first in 1.x with an overly ambitious plane change prior to descent. Old-fashioned pilot error!]

Where'd you get that lander frame? that looks sweet

It's part of the FASA mod, which focuses on the pre-Skylab US space programme.

Really? it used to be covered in golden foil, not the silvery chrome one. Looks cool though! Seems like i need to get some of those parts from FASA again, i haven't really played with it for a while.

Really? it used to be covered in golden foil, not the silvery chrome one. Looks cool though! Seems like i need to get some of those parts from FASA again, i haven't really played with it for a while.

That's because the picture is in black and white.

Tantares Space Technologies TweakScale Mod Support configs (Alpha 1.0.0)

Dropbox Download

To install:

Replace the file /GameData/TweakScale/patches/

OR

Delete the file in /GameData/TweakScale/patches/ and put the file instead in /GameData/Tantares/

Currently, I have TweakScale configs for almost all of the major parts in the game.

Notable exceptions:

• Early tech tree Almach parts, as not to screw up career mode in the early game.
  • TantaresLV. Haven't even started that file yet.
  • Alnair docking ports. They scale strangely with the 1.875m Alnair Docking Module.
  • Alnair Structural Adapters. Oddball sizes, and redundant parts. Still working on this.

The goal of TweakScale compatibility is to allow more accurate scaling relationships between parts for us serious accuracy nerds that annoy mod authors so much, and to allow more design flexibility for people who want to use parts for purposes other than intended. Using Waykeepers to land a base on Duna? Why not!

Current bugs and concerns:

• Does this break the tech tree? Does it circumvent natural progression at all?
  • Which parts should be scaleable? What is too large, and what is too small?
  • How do we deal with certain ratios, and size adapters? How do we prevent more oddball sizes?

TweakScale has a setting in it's config files for disabling crewed pod scaling. When you test this, disable this by navigating to ScaleExponents.cfg in the TweakScale folder, scroll to the bottom, and set noScaledCrewPods = 0 This will allow you to scale all crewed pods in the game, including the ones in Tantares.

General rules I try to adhere to, is that the module hatches have to be large enough for a Kerbal to fit through. For example, I wouldn't allow the ATV to be scaled to 0.625m, otherwise, you couldn't theoretically fit a Kerbal through the hatch.

I haven't even touched how costs and resources are scaled yet. I presume most of them to be wildly off at the moment. I'd like to keep those scaling factors relatively close to stock factors.

Size standards: 0.625, 0.9375, 1.25, 1875, 2.5, 3.75. Most parts should be allowed to scale to any one of these scales.

Surface Attached part scaling convention depends on the purpose of the part. For example, the Soyuz 1x4 solar panels are meant to attach to the 1.25m orbital module, so the default scale is 1.25 for the solar panel. If you scale both parts up to 1.875, their relationship will stay the same. Nothing is set to scale to (100%, 200%, etc.) It makes it easy to cheat, and it's dumb when it comes to scaling.

Because this is my own work, if you have problems or suggestions, contact me, not Beale. He's got enough on his plate, and it's not his responsibility. I don't want people asking him why my configs aren't working. The best way to contact me is through PM, as I don't want to crowd up the thread here too badly, even though it is on-topic.

For those of you that pry into the config, be aware that the SCALETYPES are a bit messy. Currently, it all works, but could be better. The biggest part that needs work is scaling the adapter plates, and not returning weird oddball sizes when they're scaled in game.

License: WTFPL (Is this even necessary actually?)

I've only really begun to skim the surface of how it interacts with the tech tree, and other mods. @Niemand303, do you see this perhaps interfering with Road to Kosmos at all? I wouldn't want to muck that up.

Please enjoy, and let me know what works, and what doesn't.

Hey-hey! Haven't checked out the thread for a while. Yeah, I can take a look, but for Tweakscale + RtK... Well, they aren't supposed to work together, I'm kinda anti-tweakscale-ist (yay, a new word!). And I have literally no idea on how to make scalable engine to work on such a narrow-focused mod like RtK. So, I guess, I can't make it compatible from a historic point of view.

I saw a few pages back that this was supposed to be working with FAR. Are the configs just not out for it yet? Having a hell of a time trying to launch a Soyuz rocket.

Anyway, awesome work as usual and thanks for this great mod!

Edit: I may just be awful at flying rockets but the Soyuz was tricky in stock too.

Edited by bsimms606

That's because the picture is in black and white.

The image is indeed in black and white, with a bit of filtering done to simulate some of the portable cameras of the time. :cool:

I saw a few pages back that this was supposed to be working with FAR. Are the configs just not out for it yet? Having a hell of a time trying to launch a Soyuz rocket.

Edit: I may just be awful at flying rockets but the Soyuz was tricky in stock too.

I have not written FAR configs yet, sorry. I should have them up soon.

Great work on the IGLA!

http://i.imgur.com/hCtmcyp.png

Thanks!

Heehee, that's kind of nice, is that an in-game "EVA camera"? Or some kind of post-editing? :)

Hello, and thanks!

The FAR config, actually I didn't include with latest release, my mistake.

So, this may be your problem! :(

Edit: Oh, they were not actually available yet, my further mistake!

In-game!

0ecb7a0240.jpg

9657c1e963.jpg

5db6a30b7e.jpg

Only issues is the icon, any solution?

d847bb8eb8.jpg

IGLA hype is real. Looks fantastic! Any chance the current Kurs dish could get a revamp to work like the the new IGLA?

Hey-hey! Haven't checked out the thread for a while. Yeah, I can take a look, but for Tweakscale + RtK... Well, they aren't supposed to work together, I'm kinda anti-tweakscale-ist (yay, a new word!). And I have literally no idea on how to make scalable engine to work on such a narrow-focused mod like RtK. So, I guess, I can't make it compatible from a historic point of view.

Awesome. Let me know how it goes for you. Dig into the actual config file, and make sure the way I've written it makes reasonable sense. Fairly new to all this. :P

I haven't had much time to play with the new FAR. From my brief experience, it's INSANELY more difficult. I haven't had a single rocket successfully reach orbit. Everything just flips and disintegrates.

I've got I believe a decent replica of the Mir Core Module now. I'm going to play around with using the 0.9375m scaled docking ports. I like the scale a bit better, but I'm unsure about how it'll play with all the other parts. It's an experiment! @Beale, the new node is perfect now. The scale is just right. No scaling required! :D

PPy1H5H.png

wQjOqhA.png

0rMGY4B.png

Anyone have any suggestions for how to recreate the Zarya/Core Module orbital engines? The TKS ones are ok, but they just don't mount on the aft side like I'd like. Maybe that needs to be my first attempt at modeling and texturing... :P

Oooh, what's this? O.o

BgH9J5g.png

Edited by curtquarquesso

Anyone have any suggestions for how to recreate the Zarya/Core Module orbital engines?

Oooh, what's this? O.o

http://i.imgur.com/BgH9J5g.png

Those parts will be made tomorrow, I send them over you as soon as they are ready, as well as more Igla greeble (blinking side light).

But I encourage you to try model, it's fun.

Nice Rassvet! :)

Edited by Beale

I've got to admit I've given up on FAR and Deadly re-entry at the moment...I'm happier with the 1.0.0 physics file solution - I seemed to be getting way to many heat issues (like soyuz solar panels blowing up while on the launchpad under a procedural fairing)

For Soyuz LV launches...I found that if I take the triangular tail fins from stock, tweak scale them down to about 10% and then attach them to the boosters on the engines, the rocket almost rides on rails - and it even looks good :) - although that might be a problem in FAR which looks at area rules in the transsonic region.

EDIT: Also, a quick bug report. The Hamal Control Block "Hamal_Control_A" is the wrong size in the VAB. (Slightly larger than normal.) I checked the config file for the part, and it was missing rescaleFactor = 1. As soon as I added it, it was back to normal. Might want to throw that in the next update.

@Beale, let it be known that I LOVE the way the V-NMP panels fold up now... KVleh2H.jpegNhhZPni.jpeg

Edited by curtquarquesso

I've got to admit I've given up on FAR and Deadly re-entry at the moment...I'm happier with the 1.0.0 physics file solution

Do the Tantares chutes still work for you when you use the 1.0 physics? I've been hitting the ground hard enough to explode using those physics. lol just having all kinds of problems over here today.

Ah, just read your (Beale) posts about the chutes over in the add-on dev threads. Seems to be quite a pain.

Edited by bsimms606

They work fine...my main reason for going to 1.0.0 was 1.0.2 felt too soft on re-entry (I couldn't get any ablation) - I always thought re-entry should be stressy or at least make me watch the ablation resource go down :)

- - - Updated - - -

On another matter...I've noticed some weird stuff in the VAB with pollux_contol_a (it drops the food and electricity and acts like a fuel tank)

I copied the config into a new file and renamed that part pollux_control_b and copied the module file from hamal_control_a (the progress) over the top and that works fine..just wondering if its only me or if anyone else is seeing unexpected results there (which would make me suspect hidden characters in the config file)